According to this guy,,,SRT hmmm , not as good. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
According to this guy,,,SRT hmmm , not as good.

Ok now, I'm not trying to start a forum war with this but......I just watched this video about a review of a SRT8 Challenger and it was amusing and probably a little true. I mean even thinking to myself at random times I think 'it's probably just a little more punchy in the throttle and corners a tad bit better because of the rubber over a RT '.

Now, listening to guys on here who always say "oh just trade in your archaic RT and get the chariot of the God's an SRT8" "the suspension is better its got a better engine and brakes and it has corinthian leather and bla bla bla" =) Im not talking shit ok lol I find it amusing when you SRT guys go into that little spiel. So seriously , what do you think of this dudes review of the SRT8? Think IRL he drives a Tiburon?

I find it a bit troubling because that sounds like a review he would give to a base RT lol. But it's an SRT. Did the SRT guys pay too much for not much more? I kinda think so, its a bad ass looking car no doubt about it but it sort of looks like the RT's have more diversity and a unique thing about them. I'd still love a black SRT8 but seeing how punchy it kind of isnt, in this vid, I wouldnt pay that much more for that.Seems like I could drop 6 g's on a RT 5.7 and be able to leave a stock ish SRT from a 70 mph roll.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,051 Posts
So... I just revisited this old clip to see if I had missed something controversial or new in what the guy said, and I couldn't find it. I think most of us would agree with his assessment, including the comment that it's probably the only true remaining muscle car. There were only driving impressions and no actual performance numbers quoted so it could've been any trim, period. Less sporty and more comfortable than Mustang and Camaro? Move along, nothing to see here. I'd be surprised that this guy, what with his weight and back problems, isn't more pro-Challenger, but I've seen other clips of his and figure him for a Mustang & Corvette lover. Kinda goes with the douchy look and smarty-pants tone (). He doesn't tear the SRT down, though. It is a big girl.

The only way to really know what the SRT has over an R/T is probably to drive one rather than listen to some dude's impressions and pitch for sunglasses, don't you think? With the democratization of the internet and video sites, everybody is a freaking expert these days. "Hi, this is Joe Nobody for review-site-you-never-heard-of.com and I'm going to be your [object for rinsing body cavities apparently too rude to post]y and blase host today..."

And I've posted it before, but here's a more thoughtful and reflective approach to understanding what the car is about:

Last edited by USRWDV8; 12-14-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: English not too good
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to USRWDV8 For This Useful Post:
6point4 (12-14-2012), HEMIZSP (12-13-2012), rmfootball69 (12-16-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Banned

Damn I forgot all about his pitch for the sunglasses lol
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

He's right tho Mustang lacks that curb appeal
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 PM

Talking about internet clips and dubious opinions, I prefer the guys who say, "hey, I'm just some loser who rented this car and I'll tell you what I think, for what it's worth".
The Following User Says Thank You to USRWDV8 For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:51 PM

For the fat guy with the bad back's criteria as well as most car mags the SRT8 is not as good at 0-60, track time, canyon carving, weight and so on and so forth. What it is good at, driving on public roads, compliant suspension for where it will be used on 99% of the time, daily driving, cruising, road trips, style (subjectively) driving in crosswinds and possibly crash worthiness because of its weight etc are the very reasons why I bought mine.

So you need to ask yourself what's more important, specs, stats etc. or what you're actually going to use it for. If it's the latter you won't have bragging rights....boo hoo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy M For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Me as a SRT owner... Finds it funny when R/T owners say they can spend $6k to leave me... LOL!!! I drive an SRT... doesn't make me who I am... its an AWESOME car that I absolutely love! Any SRT is THE BEST CAR of its respective model period!!! It costs more because you get more!!!

I would like to pose a question:
If you could purchase any SRT product for the same $$$ as the product One step below i.e. Challenger R/T, 300C/S, Charger R/T, Jeep Grand Cherokee... Would you? And why would you or wouldn't you?

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Last edited by SR7T1; 12-13-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 PM

This is what happens when people view things through their own prism. Some guys only know about 0-60 or quarter mile when there's a lot more to a car. Some only see trunk size and it's the same thing. That's why I like to see several clips or read several articles by somebody - I can't believe what they're saying until I identify their particular bias. Gives perspective to the statements.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 PM

When I bought mt R/T I seriously bargained for a SRT8 Challenger that had the options I like. But when I got down to the almost $10,000.00 dollar price difference and the lack of certain warranty options sealed the deal. The R/T made more sense for me and my situation.

The R/T Classic is a very nice car for the money.

The SRT8 is a very nice car for the money.

IMHO, if you are going to be racing and spending a lot of time at the track, you would be very wise to buy a SRT8.
If you are looking for a daily driver and commuter, a R/T can fill the bill nicely without breaking the bank.

If you are looking at long term investment potential, buy the SRT8, R/T's are everywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to workerunit For This Useful Post:
EddieG (12-18-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Could you imagine what that tool would have said if he was strictly comparing the R/T vs. the SRT? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.