According to this guy,,,SRT hmmm , not as good. - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by SR7T1 View Post
Me as a SRT owner... Finds it funny when R/T owners say they can spend $6k to leave me... LOL!!! I drive an SRT... doesn't make me who I am... its an AWESOME car that I absolutely love! Any SRT is THE BEST CAR of its respective model period!!! It costs more because you get more!!!

I would like to pose a question:
If you could purchase any SRT product for the same $$$ as the product One step below i.e. Challenger R/T, 300C/S, Charger R/T, Jeep Grand Cherokee... Would you? And why would you or wouldn't you?

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Lol right right. Honestly in a car like the Challenger all I want or care for is the drivetrain with the engine being the most important to me. My list of importance with the Challenger is this : 392 / 6 Speed / 3.90 gears or better. If I could have had the RT with the 392 option I would have grabbed it. I just don't want leather navi and the other stuff brakes and suspension included, I like it simple with a car like this. For the extra cheddar at least for me in my case I wouldnt get an SRT unless it was nused and the depreciation already hit, ill let someone else get on that haha.
Really man I just want a 392 in a RT and thats beast on the street.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Who has ever taken a muscle car through a canyon purposely more than once because they wanted to "perform there" misses the whole point of a car like the Challenger. I understand this guy in the video is trying to critique the SRT8, but critique it in the arena it was built for, not in an arena that is ultimately unrealistic. He is a corvette owner. No wonder his assessments seem to attempt to dim the SRT8 down to a ho hum car....which it most definitely is not. The Challenger is the 240lb running back with speed, the corvette is the speedy, flashy wide receiver that wears the smaller shoulder pads. Completely nullifies his assessment when he mentions his ownership of a Corvette. I love the corvette btw, this isn't about that, I just think this guy makes an assessment in the wrong arena stepping out of little sports car and into the beefy srt8. Good topic -but I don't think that the RT is a few grand away from the srt8 in performance either....on the surface anyway.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a Challenger bad ass enough to pull up right beside it."
Flowmaster Cat Back Super 40 exhaust
Diablo Trinity Tuner
Speedlogix Catch Can
180 T-stat
Bunch of BT stuff
and other lovely additions coming soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Zute For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Ok Speedlogix project RT you can use mine 6 grand any which way on a RT to see if it can spank a stockish SRT8
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zute View Post
Who has ever taken a muscle car through a canyon purposely more than once because they wanted to "perform there" misses the whole point of a car like the Challenger. I understand this guy in the video is trying to critique the SRT8, but critique it in the arena it was built for, not in an arena that is ultimately unrealistic. He is a corvette owner. No wonder his assessments seem to attempt to dim the SRT8 down to a ho hum car....which it most definitely is not. The Challenger is the 240lb running back with speed, the corvette is the speedy, flashy wide receiver that wears the smaller shoulder pads. Completely nullifies his assessment when he mentions his ownership of a Corvette. I love the corvette btw, this isn't about that, I just think this guy makes an assessment in the wrong arena stepping out of little sports car and into the beefy srt8. Good topic -but I don't think that the RT is a few grand away from the srt8 in performance either....on the surface anyway.
Yeah I wasnt aware he was a Vette owner now I can see his bias it explains more about his opinions I just thought his jokes were corny so I didnt watch the last minute of the vid.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 PM

Here's another review that most of you have probably seen lol. He gives the SRT8 a fair shake and honest review:

And here's the clip of the car he had reviewed the week prior. Yeah the Supersnake is pretty wild. Not sure I'd be able to keep a live axled 750 hp car out of the ditch though:

Last edited by Randy M; 12-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM

The second video posted is fantastic. Time to find a desert lol
Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned

Wow that Shelby is pretty sick.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
Ok Speedlogix project RT you can use mine 6 grand any which way on a RT to see if it can spank a stockish SRT8
Wonder what that would consist of....

A speedfactory might put you over that edge...closer to 10grand I believe. I admit it would be fun to try, but I wouldn't do it to mine. Kinda like where it is right now
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM

Super Snake is wild. Dude scared himself lol, but everything that second video said about the Challenger I agree with. I think he was dead on. I know everyone else experiences other muscle (pony/whatever) car owners gawking at the Challenger. Gotta love it!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Zute Believe me Ive been brainstorming =] but im talking srt like numbers for 6 grandish that almost any RT owner can get into. Itd make a hell of a impact haha.

Last edited by RTkid; 12-13-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.