According to this guy,,,SRT hmmm , not as good. - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Toxic11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greensburg, PA
Posts: 5,517
Thanks: 246
Thanked 1,117 Times in 668 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowdy View Post
Matt Farah is about as good as it gets when it comes to qualified car critics, so all the nay-sayers claiming that they'll hire anyone to make these videos can piss off. He's a better and more experienced driver than anyone on this forum I dare say. Coming from a Challenger owner and a huge challenger fan, I thought his review was perfectly honest and true. I love my car, it goes real fast in a straight line but can't quite keep up in the slaloms like a BMW or even a mustang. BUT mine is a daily driver that has plenty of room for groceries and gets 20mpg, while being super roomy and comfortable inside for my 6'3 self. Is this not exactly what he stated in the review?

This guy has driven every collectible six figure car on the planet. Frankly I'm honored that he had so many nice things to say about my car, because I'm used to him complaining about the Ferrari he just done driving across the country.

Also yeah, the sunglasses thing was obviously a paid advertisement, they gotta make money somehow right?

And yet my post above yours shows a bone stock SRT made it into the record books in the Spectre 3:41 Challenge, when none of the other cars that were faster were "stock". So.... It must be able to take turns in the hands of a skilled driver????

I'm not busting on Matt I thought his review was comical like it should have been. There is no denying the Challenger is the "big girl" but she's got curves AND she can take them...

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
Toxic11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#42 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
USRWDV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Greater Los Angeles
Posts: 3,835
Thanks: 4,360
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,063 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not to mention they're not as good as a Dart at parallel parking, a Durango at off-roading, or a Grand Caravan at hauling people and cargo, just to bring up competition from its own family! It all depends on what you're looking for. "Not as good' is so relative.

RTkid, I get your point of being mostly interested in the 392 motor out of the SRT package. I dig sleepers and strippers (makes me laugh) too and feel that way. But I don't think you should put down the SRT or look for back up from elitist internet know-it-alls (Farah likes the Mustang V6, so it's not like his only frame of reference is supercars) to feel better about driving an R/T. It sounds suspiciously like the guys trying to make a V6 perform like a Hemi (not starting anything either), and it reminds me of the frog and the bull. You can't say there's nothing wrong about a lower trim... and then try your damnedest to beat the higher trims with it without sounding a bit disingenuous - someone with a complex and something to prove.

I don't have a stake in this because I also drive an R/T. It works for me and it's all I wanted, but I have no illusions that it's "as good" as an SRT or could be made so for cheap. As some said earlier, what would Farah say about an R/T if he thinks the top of the line is lacking (I couldn't care less, personally)?
Now by all means make yours go faster, but to "spank" SRTs? What are you trying to prove? Someone might inform you that your car doesn't brake, or corner, or impress... "as good". Know what I mean?
USRWDV8 is offline  
#43 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
pottedmeat20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile,Alabama/New Orleans,La.
Posts: 779
Thanks: 73
Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pottedmeat20 Send a message via Yahoo to pottedmeat20
Well said, Agree 100%. I've owned an R/T and it was a bare boned 6 spd. Traded for an SRT, was it worth it? for me it is, But its not a dd. The funny thing I find is that MOST of my friends and relatives couldnt tell an SE from an RT from an SRT. They just say, man your car is so nice, your so lucky to be able to have one. Thats when it hit me, their right. We are blessed my brothers and sisters.

ENJOY YOUR RIDE AND BE SAFE


Magnuson Supercharged by Southern Hot Rods
Custom tuned by Eddie

Last edited by pottedmeat20; 12-14-2012 at 03:30 PM.
pottedmeat20 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pottedmeat20 For This Useful Post:
Madcoder (12-14-2012), RoostKing (12-15-2012), USRWDV8 (12-14-2012)
#44 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic11 View Post
And yet my post above yours shows a bone stock SRT made it into the record books in the Spectre 3:41 Challenge, when none of the other cars that were faster were "stock". So.... It must be able to take turns in the hands of a skilled driver????

I'm not busting on Matt I thought his review was comical like it should have been. There is no denying the Challenger is the "big girl" but she's got curves AND she can take them...

Don't get me wrong the challenger handles fine, especially for weighing 4200lbs. But it does weigh 4200lbs
Bowdy is offline  
#45 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
SRT Wasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Sol
Posts: 702
Thanks: 14
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
Ok now, I'm not trying to start a forum war with this but......I just watched this video about a review of a SRT8 Challenger and it was amusing and probably a little true. I mean even thinking to myself at random times I think 'it's probably just a little more punchy in the throttle and corners a tad bit better because of the rubber over a RT '.
Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Review - YouTube

Now, listening to guys on here who always say "oh just trade in your archaic RT and get the chariot of the God's an SRT8" "the suspension is better its got a better engine and brakes and it has corinthian leather and bla bla bla" =) Im not talking shit ok lol I find it amusing when you SRT guys go into that little spiel. So seriously , what do you think of this dudes review of the SRT8? Think IRL he drives a Tiburon?

I find it a bit troubling because that sounds like a review he would give to a base RT lol. But it's an SRT. Did the SRT guys pay too much for not much more? I kinda think so, its a bad ass looking car no doubt about it but it sort of looks like the RT's have more diversity and a unique thing about them. I'd still love a black SRT8 but seeing how punchy it kind of isnt, in this vid, I wouldnt pay that much more for that.Seems like I could drop 6 g's on a RT 5.7 and be able to leave a stock ish SRT from a 70 mph roll.
It's all Good IMHO - I especially like the squirrel @ 0:30


Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide


SRT Wasp is offline  
#46 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
rayzazoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In my Challenger
Posts: 4,751
Thanks: 341
Thanked 747 Times in 444 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I am curious why someone would not daily drive the SRT but would with the others. It's MPG is about a 30mi per tank difference than the R/T, and the only difference is just performance related parts. It's still the same paint etc.

I just find that interesting.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App


2015 376 cu-in SRT S/C Hellcat Torred (ordered; BX)
2012 392 cu-in SRT8 Tungsten - 12.847 @ 109.89 mph
2010 370 cu-in SRT8 Torred - 12.604 @ 112.11 mph (Spartan Cam) / 12.817 @ 110.05 mph
2009 345 cu-in R/T Torred - 13.291 @ 103.67 mph

Bolt-On Mod Information
rayzazoo is online now  
#47 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Member
 
groho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: left coast
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
did you notice the only car he was driving with back surgery right around the corner, was the challenger SRT! Did you see his a$$ in a camaro, corvette or a mustang, did ya?! Would like to have seen him get out of a GT500 or Boss302 at the end of that 1000 mi trip pre-surgery. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I wanted to buy a track car, I would have bought a track car, with its tight seats and rigid suspension. For me, the SRT is perfect! 4-hookers in the trunk or not....

Last edited by groho; 12-14-2012 at 05:21 PM.
groho is offline  
#48 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
 
USRWDV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Greater Los Angeles
Posts: 3,835
Thanks: 4,360
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,063 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowdy View Post
Matt Farah is about as good as it gets when it comes to qualified car critics, so all the nay-sayers claiming that they'll hire anyone to make these videos can piss off. He's a better and more experienced driver than anyone on this forum I dare say. Coming from a Challenger owner and a huge challenger fan, I thought his review was perfectly honest and true. I love my car, it goes real fast in a straight line but can't quite keep up in the slaloms like a BMW or even a mustang. BUT mine is a daily driver that has plenty of room for groceries and gets 20mpg, while being super roomy and comfortable inside for my 6'3 self. Is this not exactly what he stated in the review?

This guy has driven every collectible six figure car on the planet. Frankly I'm honored that he had so many nice things to say about my car, because I'm used to him complaining about the Ferrari he just done driving across the country.

Also yeah, the sunglasses thing was obviously a paid advertisement, they gotta make money somehow right?
OK, Matt. And how is your blind statement that Farah is a better driver than anyone out of a group that you never met, I dare say, any better than us judging him without knowing any of his credentials? When you put yourself out there you're fair game for anyone. This said, I also agree with his opinion even if I take what anyone has to say with the appropriate grain of salt.
USRWDV8 is offline  
#49 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
teddyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,109
Thanks: 1,615
Thanked 719 Times in 459 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Again!!! Why are the RT guys always ripping on the srt8. I don't get it!


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 SRT8 6 speed, dual gray metallic stripes, radar red interior, tinted windows and side markers, Goodyear F1 tires. "True" fender pull CAI, 87mm ported throttle to match ported intake manifold by Peakspeed, Mishimoto 180* T-Stat, ********* custom 93 Tune, Magnaflow comp series, Speedlogx front tower brace, MOPAR stage ones, catch can.
teddyp is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to teddyp For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-15-2012)
#50 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
teddyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,109
Thanks: 1,615
Thanked 719 Times in 459 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
Ok now, I'm not trying to start a forum war with this but......I just watched this video about a review of a SRT8 Challenger and it was amusing and probably a little true. I mean even thinking to myself at random times I think 'it's probably just a little more punchy in the throttle and corners a tad bit better because of the rubber over a RT '.
Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Review - YouTube

Now, listening to guys on here who always say "oh just trade in your archaic RT and get the chariot of the God's an SRT8" "the suspension is better its got a better engine and brakes and it has corinthian leather and bla bla bla" =) Im not talking shit ok lol I find it amusing when you SRT guys go into that little spiel. So seriously , what do you think of this dudes review of the SRT8? Think IRL he drives a Tiburon?

I find it a bit troubling because that sounds like a review he would give to a base RT lol. But it's an SRT. Did the SRT guys pay too much for not much more? I kinda think so, its a bad ass looking car no doubt about it but it sort of looks like the RT's have more diversity and a unique thing about them. I'd still love a black SRT8 but seeing how punchy it kind of isnt, in this vid, I wouldnt pay that much more for that.Seems like I could drop 6 g's on a RT 5.7 and be able to leave a stock ish SRT from a 70 mph roll.
Fat man said srt8 was like a fish out of water in 1-2 gears. So is a dam dragster! It's called torque. Maybe he was implying the rt DOESNT have enough! Why r u rt guys always trying to validate your lack of 100hp vs the srt8. Somebody please answer that for me


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
teddyp is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to teddyp For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-15-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good news/bad news JonW General Challenger Discussion 1 01-28-2007 03:26 PM
Pining for the good old days of big muscle, stylish steel Mr.DJ Off-Topic Discussion 0 03-14-2006 03:20 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome