After 2 short months, goodbye RT... - Page 9 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks great......Now you should get the 392 hemi badges

Mods: TINT, Satin Black IE Rims, Black rear spoiler/ Hockey stripes/ Solid "T" hood blackout, H&R Lowering springs

Production numbers GWE: 887 GWE 392's made (459 Manual 428 Auto)
......................................411 GWE R/T's made
......................................1298 GWE Challengers made in total

Last edited by rumpass; 05-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by rumpass View Post
Looks great......Now you should get the 392 hemi badges
Those are actually on order. . . dealership covered the cost and installation do to a service f-up on their part. Should be in early next week. They were going to remove the decals, but since I was washing/claying/waxing the other day, I just did it myself.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Photos: (4)
Originally Posted by MPX View Post
Nah, auto. I've driven stick since I was 15 and I was ready to have auto (especially since the autos in modern cars are generally faster). . . sometimes I regret going auto, but most days I don't care.
The last manual I owned was for two weeks. This will be my first long term stick car. And it's a daily driver for now. Although I did drive my a5 in auto stick most the time and didn't like putting it in neutral to rev it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2013 392 Core 6speed, LMI Intake, Custom CompCam, JBA Silver Ceramic Full headers w/ HF Cats, 180* thermostat, Resonator delete to straight pipe, Borla sportsman muffler swap, BC Racing coilovers, Nitto NT05 rears, 25mm Spacers, Strut tower brace, Flat black ralle stripes, Lick N stick hood pins, Mopar short shifter, Billet catch can, 6K HID headlights, Plastidipped wheels, Tinted headlights
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by challengeRRR View Post
The last manual I owned was for two weeks. This will be my first long term stick car. And it's a daily driver for now. Although I did drive my a5 in auto stick most the time and didn't like putting it in neutral to rev it.

The thing that really made me regret going auto for all of 15 minutes was (don't laugh) a test drive of a Fiat 500 Abarth manual the other day.

While my Challenger was in getting a new rim put on (another dealer f-up they had to cover) I took a 500 Abarth out for a drive and that thing was an absolute blast. I heard such negative things about the Fiats that I really expected it to suck, so I picked their top model and I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to take it home.

Quick little turbo charged 4 in that thing with an insanely smooth manual. What a fun ride. I'd buy it to thrash the sh*t out of it if I had the extra change lying around.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:51 PM

The thing that really made me regret going auto for all of 15 minutes was (don't laugh) a test drive of a Fiat 500 Abarth manual the other day.

While my Challenger was in getting a new rim put on (another dealer f-up they had to cover) I took a 500 Abarth out for a drive and that thing was an absolute blast. I heard such negative things about the Fiats that I really expected it to suck, so I picked their top model and I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to take it home.

Quick little turbo charged 4 in that thing with an insanely smooth manual. What a fun ride. I'd buy it to thrash the sh*t out of it if I had the extra change lying around.
Haha that's funny. Sorry couldn't help it. Yea I'm starting to REALLY love the manual shifter. I want to get a short throw shifter now. I was messing around with launch control today and its so kickA$$.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by challengeRRR View Post
Haha that's funny. Sorry couldn't help it. Yea I'm starting to REALLY love the manual shifter. I want to get a short throw shifter now. I was messing around with launch control today and its so kickA$$.

Yeah. . . my launch control is weird. Always says "Launch Control Unavailable." Starting to make me wonder if the Cores have it.

And don't knock the Abarth till you try it! It's a surprising little car. Like a go-cart on mad crack.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Since you have the option...

Those are actually on order. . . dealership covered the cost and installation do to a service f-up on their part. Should be in early next week. They were going to remove the decals, but since I was washing/claying/waxing the other day, I just did it myself.

Put them on the hood. IMO, the 392 badge would look BADAZZ on the hood scoop.

Last edited by c26bt34c; 05-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Yeah. . . my launch control is weird. Always says "Launch Control Unavailable." Starting to make me wonder if the Cores have it.

And don't knock the Abarth till you try it! It's a surprising little car. Like a go-cart on mad crack.
How many miles are on your car. I have a core as well...

Old 05-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Fiats ain't bad...

That is a holdover reputation from the 80's (FIAT=Fix It Again Tony). In the 70's, Ricers had a bad Rep....how about that Nissan 370 now? I lived in Italy from 93-97 and 2000-2005. I owned an Alpha Romeo (also undeserved Bad Rep). These little Italian cars are loads of fun. And they are very reliable now. Military guys did some "crazy mods" to the vintage Fiat 500's. Those are cool relics also. Wish I had one.

Last edited by c26bt34c; 05-29-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.