Dodge Challenger Forum banner

This is all new to me, need help.

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Tilleymonsta 
#1 ·
I recently just purchased a 2011 392 and this is my 1st sports car. This is a whole new world for me, and I'm lost when it comes to the right modifications I need to efficiently gain more HP. So far I've ordered the LMI fender pull CAI and that's about it. I've thought about ordering Koosk long tube headers, but other than those 2 things, I'm lost as to what I need. All input welcome

#2 ·
Welcome from AZ! Some will never be happy until they mod the hole car and still not be happy! When I was a teen I did the samething but now I am 49 and I like the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) mod, if it is not broken do not fix it! If you are making payments then "KISS" would apply! If you own it then do what you want! All I did to my 392 is a oil catch can and a CAI, that is all she needs now!

#11 ·
There's never a time that you're "supposed" to use autostick. The option is there for anyone who wants to change gears "manually" for whatever reason they may have at the moment. However, if you're not familiar enough to know when to change those gears, then you're better off to let the automatic do the changing since it can do a much better job than you can. That's especially true if you're trying to outperform other cars but aren't experienced in how to get the most out of your car by shifting the gears yourself.
Since you're driving a 392 powered car and getting the doors blown off by Camaros and Mustangs, boosting your horsepower isn't what you need.

#8 ·
That is a NICE LOOKING BEAST!

#16 ·
I cant give you guaranteed Camaro or Mustang beater tips but I can tell you what I did that was simple stuff that helped improve my Challenger.
I installed the following.
Long Tube headers (Buy quality ones)
Cat delete mids
Custom tune to suite the headers
Tanzformer shift calibration module (This is great if you are going to do the odd race and gives very good firm shifts at the shift point you want and a very easy install)

If you really want to beat them I'd say change your diff ratio and possibly look at a supercharger.
Reality, there is always some one faster with more money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.