Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone ordered COI for 2015 SRT or 392??

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  USMC341 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ordered the MOPR Cold Air Intake yet for the new 392s for a Challenger?? If so do you have the part number??

Thanks

#6 ·
How so? The CAI essentially accomplishes the same thing the tune does... it leans the A/F mixture during open loop (WOT). Dodges run fat from the factory, typically in the mid to high 11's A/F. The tuner leans them into the low 12's, however the CAI also leans them slightly as well.

The magic number is between 12.2 - 12.4 for maximum power. CAI's don't produce a ton of power, but 10 rwhp is achievable.

The 6.4L stock intake is restrictive and the engine can use more air than it gets stock.

#4 ·
I did remove the mufflers (for sound) and I like the MOPR CAI for looks and like the additional sound you get from under the hood.

It would be great if the 13-14 model year parts would fit, just don't know if they do. I don't expect much improvement nor do I think this car needs more improve other than I like the sound and looks.

#7 ·
Bob,

Steve White has the Mopar CAI listed for 2015 models. I have the R2C intake on my car. I really like it. I only paid $229 for it. It has a dry filter that is massive. I would like to hear your car sometime with the mufflers removed.

#8 ·
Picture of the R2C Intake on my 2015.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
That's sharp! I think it will help. With these engines we are not going to feel 10-15 hp but what the heck, I know it should breath better.

You need to hear this car dude, come over anytime, you know I live in Alexandria so not far and I would bet good money you will want to do yours the same!!! I'll pm you my phone number so call anytime! I also got my windows tinted and mudflaps installed. I ordered the MOPAR CAI from Amazon (about $80 less than dealer), they said the 14 is same as 15. Once I get that installed I am done!:thumbsup:

Man I love this car!

#11 ·
Closed loop operations are held at Stioch, being 14.7. However, open loop or WOT are defined fuel tables. AnY mods will lean the mixture regardless of tune. This is why you can't add long tubes without a tune. Speed density adds a pre determined amount at WOT. It does not adjust this fueling for mods like MAF does.

Reactions: Currybob
#13 ·
Not really sure. Speed Density is ok and the tuners seem to have it down pretty good now. I believe the Hellcat uses MAF, but I could be mistaken.

I think both MAF and speed density have their pro's and con's. I've only modded Mopars, so speed density is all I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.