BG 44K is Awesome! - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by RoostKing View Post
Glad your car is running fine, but why not just let it go. A simple mistake was made, you have noted it with the dealership(Although it seems if you were that OCD about it, you would want to know what the code was) no reason to try and "get some freebies" over it. Not to mention, if engine damage did occur, however unlikely, Dodge could come back and say, "Hey, we gave him some floormats for his trouble, and he signed this paperwork releasing us from any future claims regarding engine trouble".
Agreed. The salesman called me today and apologized after the service mgr. called him and told him about the goof up. The fact that he called to say he apologized was good enough for me. No harm no foul. I thanked him for calling. I'm satisfied; besides the car is running well and that's the most important thing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 PM

When I mentioned dirty gas, I wasn't meaning to imply that the gas was, in fact dirty (although I believe I did get some gas that had water in it at one point), but what I was thinking about with regards to the dirty gas was the fact that I probably ran the tank too low and allowed some of the things that settle in the bottom of the tank to make their way into the engine. Unless, of course, that is a myth. Can't say for sure, but it's just one of those things that I'd always been told and heard about.

That being said, I understand that reg. 87 isn't "dirty".

Thanks, SharkCohen, for the insight about the fuel additive. I'm not running my car on a track and so if the fuel additive is overkill or unnecessary, I appreciate your advice! I'm assuming the detergents in a top tier fuel will basically do the same thing!

And don't get me wrong guys, I'm not being defensive. Tone is such a subjective thing with forums and emails, so I wanted to be sure to tell you all that have taken the time to comment that I really do appreciate your advice, knowledge, and input. You guys have probably all been around the block a lot more than I have with regards to pony cars and Challengers, in particular, so I look at reading and participating in threads and this forum as not only a privilege, but also an apprenticeship. Thanks!

Last edited by irunnoft; 12-10-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Originally Posted by irunnoft View Post
was the fact that I probably ran the tank too low and allowed some of the things that settle in the bottom of the tank to make their way into the engine. Unless, of course, that is a myth.
Glad it's running fine now. I think the sediment in the bottom of the tank is somewhat of a myth. First off, aren't the fuel pickups close to the bottom of the tank? otherwise when we get down to an 1/8th of a tank or so, it would be suckin air. So, isn't it always drawing from the bottom.

In a brand new car, Im gonna go out on a limb and say there's probably no sediment in the tank. Over time, I guess there probably will be, but first tank..Im betting not.

Mike
Solo Performance Cat Back Exhaust
Mr Norms Hood Pins
Bully Cold Air Intake
3G Customz covers - body color
Body color calipers

Old 12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (15)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
Glad it's running fine now. I think the sediment in the bottom of the tank is somewhat of a myth. First off, aren't the fuel pickups close to the bottom of the tank? otherwise when we get down to an 1/8th of a tank or so, it would be suckin air. So, isn't it always drawing from the bottom.

In a brand new car, Im gonna go out on a limb and say there's probably no sediment in the tank. Over time, I guess there probably will be, but first tank..Im betting not.

Mike
I doubt anyone has enough miles and fill-up to have accumulated enough trash in the tank to cause any harm yet.

HAVE AN INAUGURAL EDITION 392? WANT TO ADD IT TO THE IE 392 DATABASE? PLEASE POST YOUR CAR'S INFORMATION HERE: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...atabase-67043/

███ ██ █ ████ everything ███ ███ is ████ ██ ████ fine ████ ████ trust. █████ ███ █ ███ your ████ ███ government ███ █
Old 12-11-2011, 10:14 AM

I wouldnt knock HESS gas either. Thats all I run in my cars and notice my times in my sig.... Thats all I ran in my Procharged SRT8 too. You would be suprised at how many different stations (Hess, Chevron, Mobil, RACETRACK....ect....ect......acutally use the SAME gas from the same refinery but just add there own additive package in it.
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride
100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28
With drag radials, tune and CAI...............best of 12.008 @ 115.74
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it aint the gas and it aint the bg that fixed it, bg is killer stuff though, whats the code it threw?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Your car will not throw a CEL based on the octane rating of gas. If anything, I'd be pissed about the dealer/tech not telling you what code popped the CEL.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 AM

Honestly how can salesman who should know there product as they sell cars for a living put in 87 octane in a SRT product. My 12 year old son knows that's retarded. If that was my dealership that guy would be cleaning the bathrooms only from now on.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Yes your car will throw a CEL light with regular gas. It's happened to me twice. In Oregon we don't pump our own gas and 2 times they've filled me up with regular when i asked for premium (probably used to regular all day and made a mistake) and both times CEL comes on in like 5-7 miles down the road.

You can buy an octane booster for like 3-4 bucks at wal-mart. I keep an extra one in the trunk for next time they do it. Just add the bottle and it the light goes right off once the octane% gets high enough usually in like 5 miles or less....

Old 02-15-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by R/T FAN View Post
Yes your car will throw a CEL light with regular gas. It's happened to me twice...
Do yoi happen to know what the code is that throws the CEL?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.