Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Core 392 sticker or emblem?

24K views 75 replies 43 participants last post by  Crush 
#1 ·
My black 2013 SRT8 core has the grey 392 stickers on the fender instead of the standard SRT8 392HEMI emblem. I kind of like the stickers since they signify the Core edition but my dealership had a set of the standard emblems I picked up pretty cheap.

I am kind of torn whether to swap the stickers for the emblems. Any thoughts from other Core owners?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#35 ·
YEp

Well, I took off the cheezy stickers and put on the 392 HEMI lables, also put the fog lights in those holes. But it's your car to dress as you like. Good choice in your Core, it has everything you need and nothing you do not want. Period.
:zlurking:

Reactions: jdp404
#6 · (Edited)
Do whatever makes you happy, it is a 392 Hemi so you're not being deceiving. I like the core model and think it looks fine with the stickers and as said above the addition of the fog lights would be nice looking and serve a function. Enjoy that new car.

#9 ·
See, I'm kind of a funny guy, and at the age of 60, the "S" in the SRT, just doesn't mean much to me.

I've said this before and got bashed, but if I had an SRT, I would be "underbadging" it, or whatever you want to call it.

"R/T" badge on the front grill (the large Charger one), and small R/T badge on the rear spoiler. Probably the "392" only badge in place of the HEMI on the hood, and the dual side stripes down the sides, yes, with the R/T at the end.

Unfortunately the Heritage rims don't fit the Brembos, so I would use the first version of the Alcoa's that are just plain, no pocket paint etc.

I guess that the days when I saw the originals roaming the streets keeps in my mind. They were R/T's, and that's what's stuck in my mind, and what I like, looks wise.

Bottom line, whatever the owner wants is what make him happy, and that's cool, But for me, I can't stand the "stickers"..........................never liked them on the original "Judge" either.

Just saying, to each his own, and feel free to bang away at me if needed. I'm used to it. LOL

#10 ·
Totally de-badging is one thing, but I have as much desire to down-badge as I do to up-badge.

I guess because I wasn't alive during those times, the sentiment isn't there. The only reason I prefer the sticker right now is because they are far more rare in my city. Stands out well for a factory decal.

#17 · (Edited)
Totally de-badging is one thing, but I have as much desire to down-badge as I do to up-badge.

I guess because I wasn't alive during those times, the sentiment isn't there. The only reason I prefer the sticker right now is because they are far more rare in my city. Stands out well for a factory decal.
In the old days you'd make it a plain jane, it's called a sleeper. Look at the old max wedge cars.

Reactions: The Chromer
#11 ·
As much as I like the Core model, I don't care for the stickers. Your car is well deserving of the regular version 392 Hemi badges or none at all if you prefer, but the regular ones look much better than the stickers IMO.

#12 · (Edited)
If I had gotten the Plum Crazy Core I was looking at, the 392 stickers on the fenders would have been off before I even left the lot. That's just me though. I also would have had another trunk lid done WITHOUT the spoiler. I kinda like the spoiler delete but unfortunately you cant get that with any SRT Challenger.

#15 ·
when I get around to it, I want to take my 392 emblems off and replace them with the core 392 stickers. easier to wax.

#16 ·
Thanks for the input all! I think the standard 392 emblems blend well with the current grill and spoiler emblems. The stickers seem a bit out of place but I like the Core-ness of them. Either way its still a 392!

Dadstoy - your point about waxing is a good one and something I thought of but may just deal with it.

Looking into some fog lights for the holes but that's for another thread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
if it were my car id immediately take those stupid looking 392 stickers off and put the normal badge on

I don't get why dodge decided to save $10 and gave the core guys a sticker instead....seems silly....not a fan at all for the 392 sticker

love the core though.....if I was in the market and the core existed it would most likely been the direction I would have went....a pcp core

#25 · (Edited)
if it were my car id immediately take those stupid looking 392 stickers off and put the normal badge on

I don't get why dodge decided to save $10 and gave the core guys a sticker instead....seems silly....not a fan at all for the 392 sticker

love the core though.....if I was in the market and the core existed it would most likely been the direction I would have went....a pcp core
It was done more so those of us who have an optioned SRT8 feel like we got something for all the extra money.
My sticker was over $52,000 and my wheels were supposed to be a special part of my Yellow Jacket package only to show up on a car with a stricker of $10,000 less.
I think the core is an excellent car and would be very happy/proud to own one. Plum Crazy was said to be a single year offering and then Dodge goes and gives the finger to those who were told that.
Anyone is welcome to do whatever they want to their car but when you go look at any classic that has any value it's the ones that are stock, down to the old school "dog dish" hub caps on steel wheels.
One day there will be people looking for those "cheap and ugly" stickers to make their car period correct again.

#22 · (Edited)
Put 392 Hemi

On the Hood. If/when I get my 392, I will place the engine emblem "where it belongs." (where people expect to see a muscle car engine badge).

WRT the earlier "Heritage RT --SRT" I think that idea is very cool. I'd keep the SRT badge on the grill, but go with heritage wheels and stripes.

Reactions: DTru
#24 ·
I have a black Core just like yours.

I took the stickers off and replaced them with the 392 Hemi emblems and have never ONCE regretted it.

IMO, the stickers look cheap and shitty. It may signify "Core", but Dodge could have done a little better than those junky looking stickers. As fellow CT member Ironside so correctly put it, it looks like they did up the 392 emblem with hockey tape.

#28 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by srt8core
My 392 decals are staying on, part of the uniqueness of the Core.
X2 i agree with srt8core

So should I take the decals off my T/A Challenger and put period correct Challenger badges on? I didn't think so. 10 - 15 years from now people will want our cars that are or appear original. I learned the hard way my T/A it was heavily modified and have spent many thousands of dollars making it appear original, the motor is not stock but appears stock.

My decals will stay put its what make it unique on both my Core and T/A

Attachments

Reactions: cmchristo
#33 ·
Pretty sure the emblems made up only a small part of that "6 or 7 grand"... I paid $50 for the emblem set. :)

I respect where you are coming from here, and I mean no disrespect to any premium SRT8 owners, but some of us Core guys didn't WANT leather, NAV, ADS, etc.... I am certainly not a rich man, but I would have paid more money for the Core just to have the features it has (minus the stickers of course). For me, it was the car I liked... I didn't buy it because it was all I could afford. I certainly don't think the Core should be viewed as some kind of lesser SRT version... It is the same car where it counts...

Reactions: 1970FJ6T/A
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.