Flowmaster vs Corsa - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the input, I'd like to be able to hear the Corsa xtremes myself along with those zoomers so I can decide on which way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 08:56 PM

Does the flowmaster american thunder cat back fit on 2008 Challenger SRT's? The site lists 09-13
#23 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger1 View Post
Thanks for the input, I'd like to be able to hear the Corsa xtremes myself along with those zoomers so I can decide on which way to go.
Go with Zoomers...heard them in person this past weekend and LOVED them...fairly loud...great classic Hemi sound...little to NO drone...great system. A bit pricey but so is the Corsa set up. Corsa has a great sound to it...a LOT like the stock sound just 10% louder. Too quiet for a muscle car though in my opinion. Zoomers...good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermise View Post
Does the flowmaster american thunder cat back fit on 2008 Challenger SRT's? The site lists 09-13
Hmmm looked on Flowmaster site and didnt see one for 08 but I think 08-09 were the same exhaust wise...Just to be safe, could always get a good muffler shop to weld up 3" pipe front to back and put some super 40s on there...cost less than the full kit too.

SOLD: 2012 Challenger SRT8 392 M6- Mopar short shifter - Flowmaster -315/35 rear on widened stock wheels, front & rear STB - LMI CAI - Mopar stage 1 springs - Eibach sway bars - ARH LT headers - MM ported heads - API 90mm tb - ported intake manifold - 274 Comp cam
Next: HELLCAT, TorRed manual ordered 9/9, Ships 10/22
#24 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Corsa Extreme is deceivingly louder than most realize when listening to it from inside the car, I believe this due to there patented sound cancellation technology. It wasn't till I was following behind my car with the wife driving that I realized just how loud this exhaust is even under normal driving and at WOT it's just plain wicked.
My 2 cents

2011 SRT8, Auto, Edelbrock SC 10psi, 604 RWHP, Wiseco custom forged 2618 pistons, K1 forged rods, Moldex custom ground and balanced crank, Kooks LT headers and cats, ATI Super damper 17% OD, Corsa Extreme cat-back, Airaid CAI, Fastman 85mm TB, Walbro 400lph fuel pump, SCT tuner, AutoMeter gauges, T/A hood (functional), Staggered Zenetti Bellagio wheels

Built and tuned at Blue Collar Performance
#25 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM

^^^And we have a winner here. Some people have to literally ride their exhaust system to believe it is making noise. Flowmasters not only reduce performance, they sound terrible and actually get quieter(when listened to outside of the car) at higher RPMs than lower RPMs, just the opposite of Corsa.

The Corsa systems shoot the sound out the back of the car, and I will put money down that it is as loud or louder than any catback out there at WOT.

I will get the extreme catback when I have the $$$ together, there is no other choice for me. For now I just did the Blastin' Bob's resonater delete, the drone is annoying, especially when the pipes are cold, but it's still fun with the 6 speed.

I always love the comments about how some systems don't drone that I have personally heard considerable drone from, either you have no idea what drone is or you should just consider yourself lucky you already lost some of your hearing LOL

'12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete, all options
-AFR functional SHAKER hood, Hurst/Mopar short throw pistol grip W/Larry's mod, Corsa Extreme, Jet 180 t-stat, HEMI FEVER tune, BT catch can, ceramic tint/clear bra/C-Quartz...you know, some other crap too
13.56@104.38 stock tune/tires DA 7170 - that's 12.33@114.45 corrected!!!
#26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
I always love the comments about how some systems don't drone that I have personally heard considerable drone from, either you have no idea what drone is or you should just consider yourself lucky you already lost some of your hearing LOL
Can't agree more! Had someone take me for a ride in his 300 SRT to "show off" his zoomers, when I asked what about the drone he just shrugged and said you get used to it!

No thanks.. not for me!

But then again, sound quality is subjective, what appeals to one may not appeal to the masses, so "to each there own" I believe is the old saying.
#27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman6 View Post
But then again, sound quality is subjective, what appeals to one may not appeal to the masses, so "to each there own" I believe is the old saying.
Very true, and I forget to include that disclaimer when I go on rants about exhaust sometimes LOL

Like your car BTW, is that the Mopar T/A hood? How do you like it? Any issues? That's kind of how I am going to do mine, definitely take the 392 badge off the side and put it on the hood, I am finding that I like the factory hood more than I thought though. Beauty of these cars is you can rock it one way, then change it up later, they are so exterior mod-friendly it's just like changing clothes.
#28 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Yep, it's a Mopar T/A hood, no issues at all, perfect fit. I agree they are exterior mod friendly, next I'm thinking of going with AAR Cuda stripes in flat black.
#29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Premium Member

The Flowmater sound is that of every pickup in town. IMO.

Last edited by georgethedog; 10-21-2012 at 08:40 PM.
#30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Premium Member

Interestingly, the guy next door to me told me I needed some Flowmasters on my SRT-8 so it would sound more tough like his Chevy Suburban. No thanks. I'll save up for the Corsa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Tags
cat back , corsa , exhaust , flowmaster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode