Help a new guy choose.. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Help a new guy choose..

Title kind of says it all. I am the current owner of a 2005 300c which I just had the motor replaced, dropped a valve guide into the heads and I am looking for a replacement. I have always liked the Challenger and since I got my 300c back have been parking nose to nose to them all the time, I swear they are calling me!

Here is my dilemma, I found 2012 SRT that I like and is in white with the red racing stripes, front to back and not on the side. I like the car and looks pretty cool to me, however my girl disagrees and thinks it's not manly enough. So I have been trying to find some modified pics of a white one to show her what I plan on doing with it.

The car is going for 39k, which looks like a good deal to me. Brand new sitting on the lot with the options I am looking for.

I guess I am asking you guys for a little help here with two things, one is this price good and two are there any srt drivers with the white cars and mods similar to what I would like to do with it. My example is below of what I would like to do with Challenger and my existing 300c.

Thanks, hopefully being seeing you on the road why my new ride soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	59551   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	909.5 KB
ID:	59552  
The Following User Says Thank You to the sko For This Useful Post:
Tofnbad (01-02-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buy it, decent price, looks good, you will be happy.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sko View Post
Title kind of says it all. I am the current owner of a 2005 300c which I just had the motor replaced, dropped a valve guide into the heads and I am looking for a replacement. I have always liked the Challenger and since I got my 300c back have been parking nose to nose to them all the time, I swear they are calling me!

Here is my dilemma, I found 2012 SRT that I like and is in white with the red racing stripes, front to back and not on the side. I like the car and looks pretty cool to me, however my girl disagrees and thinks it's not manly enough. So I have been trying to find some modified pics of a white one to show her what I plan on doing with it.

The car is going for 39k, which looks like a good deal to me. Brand new sitting on the lot with the options I am looking for.

I guess I am asking you guys for a little help here with two things, one is this price good and two are there any srt drivers with the white cars and mods similar to what I would like to do with it. My example is below of what I would like to do with Challenger and my existing 300c.

Thanks, hopefully being seeing you on the road why my new ride soon!
If you like white the price seems right to me from what I've been researching. But just don't "settle" for the color if your not sure about it. I've been shopping and there are still a lot of '12s on the lot. Good luck bro!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2013 SRT8 6 speed, dual gray metallic stripes, radar red interior, tinted windows and side markers, Goodyear F1 tires. "True" fender pull CAI, 87mm ported throttle to match ported intake manifold by Peakspeed, Mishimoto 180* T-Stat, ********* custom 93 Tune, Magnaflow comp series, Speedlogx front tower brace, MOPAR stage ones, catch can.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 PM

(Thread Starter)
I have had a white car before and I did like it and this one seems to fit the bill as well. I was hoping some other white car owners would post a pic of their mod'ed ride. I'm not much of a stock guy as you can tell by my 300c pic.

Thanks again and look forward to getting behind the wheel of the Challenger soon!
#5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 02:45 PM

Hello,

Why don't you post the options and MSRP and we'll have a better understanding of the offer? Without that info it's hard to say, but $39k for a new 2012 sounds like a good deal. I just bought a 2011 SRT8 IE with 10k miles for $39k (MSRP $49k) but I got a good offer on my trade in.

As far as color, obviously it's your call. But please think it over very carefully! Make sure when you see that car in that color your heart skips a beat, if you know what I mean. Especially for $39k.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 04:10 PM

Wow, I might would have considered dropping a built 426 HEMI in the 300 if you still liked the car and wanted a real sleeper. Supercharge it and you would likely have one of a kind...be it with a lot of money. Still would be a helluva car though.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 04:51 PM

That 300 is pretty cool, sounds like a good deal on the challenger though.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:05 PM

(Thread Starter)
Here is the info on the car..

MSRP $47,155
Discount or Rebate* -$7,405
Adjusted Price $39,750
Bodystyle2 door Coupe
DrivetrainRWDEngine6.4L V-8 cyl
Transmission6-Speed Manual
Ext. ColorBright White
Int. ColorDark Slate Gray
Stock #0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Model CodeLCDX22Package Code21W, 21X, 22W, 22X

Don't get me wrong I love my 300, have since I drove it off the lot in January of 2005, but the motor just went and yes I could have put a larger crate motor in it like the 426 mentioned above but I would have stock suspension, brakes, etc.

It's like parting with your favorite toy in hopes that the new one will replace it with the same joy. I have been cruising the forums here looking at others Challengers to see if this is the "one" for me. I really do like it and the pic I posted above would be my vision or base of mods I would like to do to it.

I just wanted to reach out to my new lurking location and see what you all thought about it.

I appreciate all input, good or bad!

-Sko

Last edited by the sko; 12-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,128 Posts
You can shop for ideas there:
I want to see pics of white Challengers!
White Challengers are beautiful (aren't they all), but it's not an aggressive color and with the thick flanks the car can look a little naked. Maybe a look at The Vanishing Point movie would change your girlfriend's mind about white Challengers, though, and check out novawagonmaster's ride; it's pretty badass.

I haven't looked in a while, especially at SRTs, but last time I checked you couldn't touch them for less than $41-42K in my area so I'd say the price is right regardless of options.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 PM

(Thread Starter)
I was able to find that thread, and go through the entire thing. I will check out Nova's ride also.

You are right it does look a bit naked from the side but mine won't be stock for very long as you can tell by my 300. It looked like that within 2 weeks of bringing her home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode