Dodge Challenger Forum banner

High Flow cats on 392 (Solo)

12K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  kmart392 
#1 ·
Looking for some before/after dyno numbers....and personal experience with HF cats on a 392.
Considering this coupled with a tuner once Diablo gets it improved some will be my next mods...

The Solo setup claims no CEL and gains of 12-30 rwhp...I would be happy if it got me +20 and sounded a bit deeper personally...spiral straight through design rated for 12.0L so plenty of cleaning ability which they claim it will pass emissions inspections testing also...has a resonator to keep the sound mild and only adds 15-20% more...which is great...

Anyone running them now?

#2 · (Edited)
I have them, no CEL issues or drone.
Car sounds the same to me (I have a Corsa extreme exhaust) and my butt dyno did not feel a difference.

I'm not saying it's not a good hi-flow cat system, but because I can't hear or feel a difference I would have have spent the money on a different mod if I had to do it again.

I'd like to note that I had Magnaflow cats on my SRT Charger paired with a Corsa exhaust and it was noticably louder, but I did get a tiny hint of drone in the 2000-2200 rpm range and I did have CEL issues.

#3 ·
Hmm that's what I was worried about...can't tell a difference...for $800 + install to drive off about the same...not really what I am seeking. Thanks for the insight!

#5 ·
Nope, never heard of the extensions. Does that correct it?

#7 · (Edited)
I wouldnt worry about the CEL cause if I am not mistaken you can turn them off in a CMR tune. Diablo cant do it but I think its in the CMR software for custom dyno tunes. Diablo gets away with it cause it then puts the liablity on the custom tuner/customer.

Ps...watching this thread. I have the Flowmaster exhaust on my 392 and have been looking at some cats. IDK which ones.

#9 ·
I have been shopping for a while too and based on the description, the Solo ones seem to be the best option...also the highest priced. Maybe we can get 3-4 together here and do a group buy and save some...But I'd like some real world experience and preferably a dyno sheet with that being the only mod done before/after if possible but I know that's asking a lot of our community...

If the cats are a bottleneck currently I'd like to do this...a bit more sound and power...better gas miles as a bonus (and so I can justify it to my wallet in that "it pays for itself in just 6 years" lol) but I would THINK the SRT engineers put a pretty high flow cat there already...I understand the headers are not worth changing as they are great flow...doesn't make sense to do that then lose the gains at the cats...

#8 ·
Fortunately with the SOLO cats CEL's are not an issue.

#10 ·
I believe the factory cats are the same for the SRT and R/T, with the difference being bigger pipe. I put the solo cats on my R/T and it did seem to climb through the rpm band faster, run a little better and fuel economy did increase. I got mine on the group buy we had here so it was a comparable price to the others on the market. Sound also increased slightly, and had better quality.

I have a set on the way to me now for my 392 so I will see if it's a positive change for the SRT as well. I personally think the stock SRT challenger exhaust sounds good, and believe it will improve with the solos, again I will find out. I'm also thinking I might pick up mileage a little again, not that it's a big deal, but every bit helps.

#11 ·
Great! I look forward to your feedback! Are you planning to dyno before/after the HF cat swap? I'd love to see some results if so.

#14 ·
Hemi,

Talk to Craig, he sells solo and we get a club discount. Brian lxmodguy had high flows on his 392. Don't think they were solo but I'm sure he can give you an idea of what the gain will be
Without a tune - just about no gains after the PCM re-learns the air/fuel/spark trims. Brian posted this several months ago with a before/after dyno run. In fact IIRC he actually lost some midrange TQ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.