How Do I Update 730N Maps? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I went to the Navteq website and every time It asks for my vin number, I type it in and it says "The VIN you have entered is not correct. Please check your entry and try again." I'm taking the vin directly off of my window sticker, and it's the same on my registration. I guess I'll have to call them. I have the RHR radio for what it's worth. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,464 Times in 920 Posts
My radio has no three letters on it as stated in the instructions. Does the satellite antenna need to be accessible to the sky or can I try it in the garage? Don't know why there is a cut off date to do this. Some cars are put away for the season in storage and others (our wonderful soldiers) can be deployed and can't do it by then as they are unavailable.
Based on the above post it's more to get us to correct a manufacturing issue than to be giving us anything to benefit us.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is
impossible- but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

#13 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:26 PM

Garage
I haven't been able to order an update because of the invalid VIN error so I contacted Navteq support. They said at this time the map update is not available for sale despite what the site says. It's currently only available to those who fall in range of the promotion. It should be made available soon for the rest of us.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ Maps, a division of Nokia Location & Commerce.

The free update promotion that you are referring to is only available for specific vehicles. Unfortunately, if you have not received the free update yet, your vehicle is not eligible. Also, the update which was sent out is not currently available for purchase, but will be soon.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Maps Customer Service
Nokia Location & Commerce
P.O. Box 1588
Orem, UT 84059
nabc_english@navteq.com

--- Original Message ---
Received: 12/8/12 10:19:28 AM MST
To: Bonnie <webstore_na@navteq.com>
Subject: Re: NavteqNorthAmerica Web Store Question

I am seeing forum posts for multiple Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge owners who have already received theirs in the mail and have updated. Your response is confusing.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 8, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Bonnie <webstore_na@navteq.com> wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ Maps. At this time, the release date of the next update has not been officially announced. The update is showing up on our website due to an error on the site, which is currently being looked into. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to be notified when new releases or special promotions become available, please register with us at www.navteq.com/registration.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

P.O. Box 1588
Orem, UT 84059
nabc_english@navteq.com

--- Original Message ---
Received: 12/7/12 6:20:44 PM MST
To: Bonnie <webstore_na@navteq.com>
Subject: Re: NavteqNorthAmerica Web Store Question

It's an RHR. I submitted a second ticket earlier in the day for an 11 Challenger RHR as well. I wasn't able to order either map update.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:58 PM, Bonnie <webstore_na@navteq.com> wrote:

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ Maps, a division of Nokia Location & Commerce.

To further assist we will need to know what is printed on the bottom right corner of your system. There will be an RHR or RHB.

Kind regards,

P.O. Box 1588
Orem, UT 84059
nabc_english@navteq.com

--- Original Message ---
Received: 12/7/12 9:57:42 AM MST
To: <webstore_NA@navteq.com>
Subject: NavteqNorthAmerica Web Store Question

Title:
First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Xxxx
Comments: Unable to order 12 Durango map update. It says my VIN is invalid but I have verified that it is correct.
Category of Request: Order Question
Please keep me informed when new maps are available: No
Please help us by identifying your navigation system:

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#1208871-3337902#>>

Last edited by aqualite75; 12-11-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode