Dodge Challenger Forum banner

My new SRT 392

10K views 54 replies 36 participants last post by  Microwe 
#1 ·
I just brought it home today.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Someones going to have to tell me how easy or difficult it is to keep the new 2015 SRT wheels clean. I know for the past 4 years I've spent most of my wash time on my wheels. Easily most of the time I wash my car is spent cleaning the wheels. Rest of the car, piece of cake.

The Brembos kick up a ton of dust. The new wheels look like they'll hide the dust better, but curious how easy they'll be to clean. Guess I'll find out in another 6-8 weeks!

#9 ·
Truth be told - they are a PIA! I would not recommend just wiping them off. Well I guess it depends of your level of anal retentiveness? I say this because I wiped one wheel off dry and had scratches (small mind you) all over the wheel. That point forward was always with soapy water. Up to you - just sharing my experience.

Nice lookin ride! Love the color and will look super sharp once the windows are tinted. You decided how dark yet - any state tint laws to concern yourself with?

#7 ·
I know on my Alcoa's they actually have a special clear coat that keeps the brake dust from sticking. I read an article on it a while hack. Was pretty interesting. What does stick wipes right off. I would think those would have a similar coating.

#11 ·
Yes, soap and water!!! Absolutely, like bill said. It comes right off though. I also use Adams quick sealant on them and that seems to help keep some of the dust from sticking so badly.

Reactions: Triz
#17 ·
Congrats, enjoy!

#22 ·
Nice! I purchased mine from the same dealer a month ago. I was very close to getting the billet silver but changed at the last minute.

#24 ·
Great looking ride. While I love my 2013 392 Challenger, I think the addition of the 6-piston calipers and the new wheels for the 2015 look freaking great.

#25 ·
The biggest gripe I have with my 2015 SRT is the front wheels collect a lot of dust-the backs not as bad-So much dust ,that I'm actually considering changing the front pads ,at least, to a pad that creates less dust-A real shame because they are new-By the way ,your car is beautiful-congratulations -I originally wanted the silver-the wife wanted black with silver stripes-I should have stuck with the silver

#33 ·
The biggest gripe I have with my 2015 SRT is the front wheels collect a lot of dust-the backs not as bad-So much dust ,that I'm actually considering changing the front pads ,at least, to a pad that creates less dust-A real shame because they are new-By the way ,your car is beautiful-congratulations -I originally wanted the silver-the wife wanted black with silver stripes-I should have stuck with the silver
+1

They are every bit as bad as my 2009 that I fought for 6 years with brake dust. I'm almost to the point of replacing all the pads front and back. I have the same wheels and they don't make brake dust show any less. It's just as bad.

Mike

#26 ·
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I might be ordering my SRT this Saturday, as long as I can still get it with the A8! If not, no Challenger for me.

#31 ·
You should be able to get the A8
I just ordered my Phantom Black M6 on Tuesday and the computer kept making it an A8 instead of an M6.
Finally got it straightened out. Now the wait begins.

Reactions: Max57
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.