Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Cams for 2015 SRT392 6M?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Nlivsey 
#1 ·
I've been literally searching everywhere for some data on this. I've been wanting to dive into some modifications, and wanted to start with a tune, new performance cams and possibly larger TB. Don't want to go long tube headers because of THAT $1600 cost.

Anyone have the cam and TB upgrade for their new 392? Most threads have to do with older 6.1s and or the 5.7.

Just want to hear some pros/cons and where to buy.

Thanks!

#2 ·
*Cam

The 392 only has one *Cam. In my opinion you'd just be spinning wheels by not going long tube header with a bigger *Cam, and larger throttle body.

You're essentially letting massive amounts of more air in with no way to get it out.

If it were me the headers would be the first on the list.

#4 ·
Hey thanks for being that guy! JK man. My mistake. The reference is just a slip going far back to my modding import days in high school. Early 90s high school.

I appreciate the info though. I've read quite a bit about it with people doing cams alone and tune on the 6.1s, and getting a good amount of performance out of it. For the buck. More info out there of people saying they've wasted money going with long tubes for the 6.4L.

Just trying to allocate the resources best.

#3 ·
if you plan on doing boost you probably want to do the modern muscle custom grind cam for boost. if not the other option is the comp 274. if youre not going to port your intake manifold getting bigger tb isnt really worth it. if you want to look into getting your manifold ported, i believe the place youre looking for is called peak speed.

#5 ·
Thanks for the response man. This is info I was looking for.

I'll probably never boost my car. Wanna keep it NA and get the most out of it that way. I've thought about getting my intake manifold ported, but that was down the list. If you're saying it would be a waste to do a larger TB without porting the IM, then I'll hold off on the TB for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.