Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Now that we can tune, what will you do?

5K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  GSMC 
#1 ·
Here is what I am thinking is on my list for the winter. I am going to do the majority of the work with my cousin as he has a nice lift in his heated garage and I will need his help.

DSS 1400 HP Half Shafts
Drive Shaft
McCleod Clutch
Maybe new shifter ( If they fixed the noise issues)
SC - Not sure on Mfg yet
Dyno Tune by either Walsh Motor Sports ( Donnie Walsh Jr) or RDP

Next winter I will look into forged, heads, cam.

I think the biggest thing we will all have to network on besides performance is how to keep it planted to the pavement now.

#2 ·
Going to Burger King to let them know that, "I can finally have it my way".

#3 ·
I will surely be watching my wallet shrink. I already have a $3000 wish list with speedlogix, and that's just for parts and just getting started. I have been waiting to do anything other than cosmetics to my car until tuning became available so I'm going to be playing catch up.

#4 ·
Sitting back waiting for Edelbrock to release the e-Force kit for the 6.4. I could buy a 6.1 kit, but I will need the tune.. So this gives me a little time to save up 6K. In the interim I can tune.... :)

Reactions: SRT8U
#11 ·
Waiting for Brian's CRM update as well...

WIll be looking at TB and intake, not sure about cam or other internals yet. Will have to improve the handling to get the power down, possibly changing over to coil overs and race rubber on 18" wheels.

#6 ·
keepig mine fairly stock. already have the CAI and Cat back. only other thing I will do performace wise is a set of long tube header and mild tune.

I will get suspension mods like coil overs and some other suspension parts but that is about it.

Reactions: SRT8U
#7 ·
Yea so I guess i am getting a Trinity. Guess next stop will be brians. Need to data log proper though. Brian read this! and post up what ya want data logged ;) To help out with tuning.

#9 ·
SCing would be the most hp for $$ I guess.. Do we need to upgrade our drivetrain or is it enough for 700ish? I already have a stage2 nag1 valve body.

#10 ·
Nothing until we can custom tune.

#13 ·
Is it true the Trinity is only increasing HP by 15-20?? I'll most likely keep mine stock a few more years...maybe then they'll have killer supercharger kits.....

#16 · (Edited)
sorry, no matter what you do to the RT, momma will be faster and cooler!! :rocker: :icon_biggrin:

#15 ·
Modern muscles forged pistons, Arrington's NAG1 upgrade kit and an Edelbrock would be a very nice addition.

In all that's about a 10k upgrade when it's all said an done.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#18 ·
Doing American racing headers this week and getting a custom tune by aj within the next couple weeks
3 months from now I'm prolly doing a comp cam and cnc ported heads

#19 · (Edited)
I'm going to keep it conservative for now. I'm working on a deal with a well respected company on some ported Apache heads. the same heads lxmodguy had where he saw around 30rwhp to the wheels using a B&G tune. So this will be my list in the near future:

Ported Apache heads (in the works)
Ported OEM shortie headers (in the works)
392 Corsa exhaust ( in the works)
High flow cats ( in the works)
Paramount TCM ( BuilderBill working on it)

Current:
Ported TB performed by lxmodguy
4K Paramount stall
Paramount StageII valve body
Custom tune by lxmodguy

#20 ·
Keeping it stock. Well ... maybe an E-force next spring if it looks easy enough to install. After going through all the bolt ons with my Solstice, then getting an SC for it, I think I'll skip all the 5-10HP bolt ons and just go big. Not looking for high RPM HP numbers, just more low end torque. The PD SC's are great for that.

#21 ·
:werd: Magnuson has a kit coming soon too for the 392's. PD SC's give you great TQ in the right curve that's typically used for everyday driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.