Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Official Yellow Jacket Owners Thread!

291K views 1K replies 182 participants last post by  gfolsom 
#1 ·
There are enough of us floating around with Yellow Jackets on order now that we should start our own thread!

This will be the place to post your pics when you finally take delivery on your Yellow Jacket in just a few short weeks.

For now, introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, how you've optioned out your Yellow Jacket, what upgrades you are planning, and maybe other cars in your fleet. I'll go first.

I'm from Evansville, IN. Ordered a 6-spd, upgraded tires, NO sunroof, 730N w/ Premium Sound, Mopar Appearance package. My Speedlogix catch can is also on its way (thanks Shawn!) and skip shift eliminator. Eventually I want to get the Speedlogix CAI, Zoomers exhaust (maybe, I have to hear it in person first), and the back-up camera. Before I even drive off the lot I'm going to have them activate the DRLs and Navigation input while driving.

Other cars I own: '05 Audi A6 and '01 Nissan Pathfinder. This will be my first Mopar!

--Howie

#2 ·
I'm from STL and I have a 6 spd manual on order with the sunroof (to keep the wife happy), upgraded 730N package, appearance package, and the non-3 seasons tires (can't remember the package number).
Well I plan on adding the oil catch can if it comes in yellow. I am thinking about just getting the resonators cut off and putting a stainless straight pipe in its place. I plan on getting strut braces for the front and back and hopefully get them painted yellow. I also plan on getting the windows tinted before I pick the car up from the dealer. I also plan on doing some track days with this car.

This will be my 4th Mopar but first Muscle car. I also own 07 Dodge Ram and 09 Dodge Journey.

Matt

#4 ·
Yellow Jacket

My name is Joshua and im from Worland Wyoming. I ordered the Yellow Jacket on December 17th. Ordered the automatic with the sunroof, 730N, Harman Kardon sound group, and mopar appearance group. I have already ordered black outs for all the light and windows will be tinted as soon as we receive it. I plan on long tube headers and corsa exhaust and cold air intake this is my third dodge.

57 chevy 210-sold
56 chevy truck-sold
76 chevy Blazer 450hp 402 BB-sold
2004 SRT4-sold
97 camero 50 year anniversary-sold
66 ford pickup-own
2009 mega cab 460hp cummins on 22inch wheels 33inch tires-own
soon to be ...yellow jacket

#8 ·
You know, I never noticed that before. That stripe down the hood did not appear in any of the publicity photos, nor on the vehicles at the L.A. or Detroit Auto Shows (they could have been the same car though). I guess we'll find out when the first one gets delivered to one of us!

--Howie

#11 ·
[
QUOTE=IXLR8;989799]Congrats to all you lucky gays that has ordered your Yellow Jacket Challengers. Just one question. Will your Y/J come with the black strip going down the hood? That strip gives the car a totaly different look. It’s unique and sets it apart from other 392s Dodge - Build My Own - Colors[/QUOTE]

I emailed the guys at Dodge and DriveSRT about a month ago and they looked into it and emailed back that it is mistake on the Dodge build your own site..... I did like the hood stripe though.

#16 ·
I am in Upstate NY. I have a 6 speed coming with every option, Harmon stereo, sunroof, etc....... I also liked the hood decal. I hope the car looks just as good in person. I am planning on Petty Strut braces, Borla exhaust and the Mopar CAI. I am going to be sad trading in my B5 SRT and my 429 Roush......... But........ the Yellow Jacket Rocks!!!!!

#913 ·
#28 ·
Well my Y/J is still in final inspection has been for 7 days. I imagine the way the Dodge vots works it will probably be at my door step before the vots system updates...
Hoping to hear something soon.
VOTS is useless, mine was still showing "In Transit" 3 days after I brought it home.

Good Luck!

#25 ·
Ordered last month 6 spd with all options. This will be my second "yellow" SRT. Love the DY; hope I love the SY just as much. Mods going on: Cabin air filter, strut tower brace, catch can, back up camera (adding it to the registry and flashing TIPM.)

#31 ·
My dealer told me 60-90 days.

You can track your car's build progress on the Dodge Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS) site: https://www.dodge.com/vots/

Keep in mind, though, that this thing will drive you nuts because you'll be checking it every hour and be disappointed every time you see there's no change in status. You'll check it less and less, maybe every few days or so, and then all of a sudden you'll be surprised when the status changes. Mine was in "Production Scheduled" for almost a month. Now it's in Paint, and I've read on here that it takes 3 days to build the car. After that, it's Final Inspection, Shipment, and then Delivery. Most people agree that the VOTS thing isn't really that accurate, but it's just a way to appease us eager customers. It's kind of fun to look at, anyway.

I've heard of cars hanging around in the Final Inspection stage for weeks. Then maybe another couple weeks for shipment. I ordered mine on Jan 8, and I hope to get it sometime in March.

Whereabouts in Texas are you? I have some buddies in Dallas.

--Howie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.