Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Official Yellow Jacket Owners Thread!

291K views 1K replies 182 participants last post by  gfolsom 
#1 ·
There are enough of us floating around with Yellow Jackets on order now that we should start our own thread!

This will be the place to post your pics when you finally take delivery on your Yellow Jacket in just a few short weeks.

For now, introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, how you've optioned out your Yellow Jacket, what upgrades you are planning, and maybe other cars in your fleet. I'll go first.

I'm from Evansville, IN. Ordered a 6-spd, upgraded tires, NO sunroof, 730N w/ Premium Sound, Mopar Appearance package. My Speedlogix catch can is also on its way (thanks Shawn!) and skip shift eliminator. Eventually I want to get the Speedlogix CAI, Zoomers exhaust (maybe, I have to hear it in person first), and the back-up camera. Before I even drive off the lot I'm going to have them activate the DRLs and Navigation input while driving.

Other cars I own: '05 Audi A6 and '01 Nissan Pathfinder. This will be my first Mopar!

--Howie

#313 · (Edited)
We bought the yellow jacket with 1100 miles on it...so I was off by about 25 miles. We are the second owners as the original owner bought it in February...we bought it in May. My last post indicated how many miles WE put on it and how long WE owned it. Sorry for the confusion. :SM002:

Al

#314 ·
Got it. You have up to one year for the freebies. So I would stick with what Dodge say before times up. I do think it is probably a waste to change oil every 2k miles. May be you should drive it more often. I am almost at 3k since late April 12 and my policy limit at 7k per year. Looks like I am going to blow it.

#315 ·
Something happening to your car is more slim than worrying about a warranty claim. They just want the oil change business. It would be a different story if you put on 15k miles and didn't change your oil for a year or more. Then they could come at you, but I really don't think they want to stir the pot and deny you a claim if they can help it. Very bad for business. They would have to prove that the oil caused the problem and we all know that couldn't be the case 99.9% of the time. My dad went to court for our dealership to convince the judge that the owners failed to check their oil and ran the engine dry. But that was 50 years ago when engines wouldn't hold their oil very well. Now a days if someone has to add oil it is a rare occasion. Gosh, I can't remember the last time I had to add oil between changes. I'm going with 5 to 7,500 miles between my changes. Warranty work is pretty few and far between these days.

#317 ·
People call it insurance. Mechanics probably know what they are talking about. Where you have two people, you have two opinions. 3,000 was old school. People have a hard time accepting change. Why do the engineers at Chrysler say 7,500 miles now? Why does Ford say 7,500 or every 6 months, whichever is first? Acids? How about moisture? I change my boat oil every fall before I put it away for the winter. It only has 25 hours on it. Let's see at 30 MPH, that's every 750 miles! I guess you should change your oil whenever you fell most comfortable. The only way I can see is harmful is if you really abuse the system and don't change it at reasonable intervals.

#318 ·
You guys are echoing much of what I was thinking. Absolutely, while the changes are free I'll follow their rules. I'll get two more out of them. I did like that the dealership allowed me back in the bay to look under the car while she was up in the air. Most places won't let you into the shop area, my experience anyway. I simply wanted to inspect her since I hadn't seen her underside yet! These cars are beautiful things! :crazy:

Thanks for the opinions....

Al

#321 · (Edited)
Greetings from a newbie

From Washington State and recently purchased a Yellow Jacket off show room floor.six speed manual and just love it. Drove it to Seattle last weekend and got 24 miles per gallon! Love it
My other cars
1966 GTO Convertible
1967 GTO Sport Coupe
1997 30th Anniversary SLP Camaro convertible
My first Mopar!

#326 ·
From Washington State and recently purchased a Yellow Jacket off show room floor.six speed manual and just love it. Drove it to Seattle last weekend and got 24 miles per gallon! Love it
My other cars
1966 GTO Convertible
1967 GTO Sport Coupe
1997 30th Anniversary SLP Camaro convertible
My first Mopar!
Congrats. I never got more than 18mpg. Anyway, saw one YJ on the road, Hwy 101 north parked on the side of freeway near Gilroy on Monday. I was going the opposite side in my wife's car. First time ever to see another on the road. Any chance is one of you?

#327 ·
Never seen another one on the road and I live in San Jose. Only dealer cars. Maybe one day..........

#335 ·
Bertb,

Although I live in Northern AZ now, we moved here from the Longview/Kelso area south of you along the Columbia River. I still have sons in that area and they tell me they have seen one between Longview and Olympia from time to time. That is still a couple of hours south of you (at the LEGAL speed limit). Just info in case you're down south...

Al

#336 ·
Gilroy is 15 - 20 minutes south of San Jose, California. Just follow the smell of GARLIC. Mmmmmmmm My dad lided in in longview, nice little town.

#340 ·
Every darn car show on grass I have been in this year (5), get there, clean/wipe car down, clean tires and glass........ boom, bug attack. I had sooo many tiny bugs on it at Good Guys show that I gave up and had a beer and watched "Bug Fest". Figured out it was a mostly a morning thing. After weather warmed up, not so much, but still had bugs. Don't see that on white, blue, silver or any other color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.