Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Official Yellow Jacket Owners Thread!

291K views 1K replies 182 participants last post by  gfolsom 
#1 ·
There are enough of us floating around with Yellow Jackets on order now that we should start our own thread!

This will be the place to post your pics when you finally take delivery on your Yellow Jacket in just a few short weeks.

For now, introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, how you've optioned out your Yellow Jacket, what upgrades you are planning, and maybe other cars in your fleet. I'll go first.

I'm from Evansville, IN. Ordered a 6-spd, upgraded tires, NO sunroof, 730N w/ Premium Sound, Mopar Appearance package. My Speedlogix catch can is also on its way (thanks Shawn!) and skip shift eliminator. Eventually I want to get the Speedlogix CAI, Zoomers exhaust (maybe, I have to hear it in person first), and the back-up camera. Before I even drive off the lot I'm going to have them activate the DRLs and Navigation input while driving.

Other cars I own: '05 Audi A6 and '01 Nissan Pathfinder. This will be my first Mopar!

--Howie

#102 ·
Pix of my Yellow Jacket

Here are my pictures FINALLY!

From North Bay to South Bay! Pix from Benicia & San Jose on 1st road trip!
Pic of my 2 girlfriends! If it wasn't for one I would not have the other...
Love You both!!! Carquinez Bridge Benicia in the background, North Bay, car in drive way San Jose South Bay...GREAT DRIVE!!!

Attachments

#104 ·
Dream came true

Picked up our YJ this weekend. Had an outstanding experience purchasing this car. The dealer made us a very good deal on both price and trade-in. They programmed the DLR, with the instruction sheet I printed from this site, without question. I'd gladly share their contact information if anyone is interested. We were lucky to have good weather this weekend to bring it home over the mountains. The car does have the three selection sport mode. The car is everything we'd hoped for. It was a bit difficult to see traffic backed up behind as we were taking it easy for the first miles. We were just at six weeks from order to delivery. The dealer actually had it on order but it went D1 within two days of converting it to a "sold order" and progressed right through the system.

Thank you to everyone on this site who provided information on the Challengers and helped shape our decision.........

Attachments

#111 ·
Love the pics

Picked up our YJ this weekend. Had an outstanding experience purchasing this car. The dealer made us a very good deal on both price and trade-in. They programmed the DLR, with the instruction sheet I printed from this site, without question. I'd gladly share their contact information if anyone is interested. We were lucky to have good weather this weekend to bring it home over the mountains. The car does have the three selection sport mode. The car is everything we'd hoped for. It was a bit difficult to see traffic backed up behind as we were taking it easy for the first miles. We were just at six weeks from order to delivery. The dealer actually had it on order but it went D1 within two days of converting it to a "sold order" and progressed right through the system.

Thank you to everyone on this site who provided information on the Challengers and helped shape our decision.........
Back drops don't get better than that. I don't know what's more beautiful, the car or the landscape.

#108 ·
Sure is fun seeing all yellow jackets, bought mine on Thursday, pick it up on Tuesday, fun Muscle car, auto, sunroof, 730n, appears to be very rare around here anyway ont can. Looking forward to criuse nights as well as 3 nice trips this summer. Also drive a Porsche tt and have a lotus super seven replica (built it from a kit). Will post pics when I have the car home. I'm liking this yellow jacket owners thread. I was originally looking for an orange srt then I saw this one and my son and I immediately knew the yellow was the one for us. Haven't been this thrilled since my first 1979 Trans am ws6 se with t roofs.

#112 ·
Hurray got my car

Got my yj today, picked it up, went to restaurant first compliment and conversation, came home and one of my customers said wow beautiful car, performance, Awesome, can't wait for it to be broken in. My 30 year old son drove it half way home, he was very excited and impressed, I got home and picked up my 4 year old grandson he said nice car grumps and then he said lets see under the hood, and then he says wow, too funny. Car is tucked away tonight as it storms outside. Looking forward to spring trips and cruise nights, my wife loves the muscle car theme. Enjoy, I think we all have a very rare and unique package. Orillia Ontario.

#116 ·
To all my fellow Yellow Jacket owners be aware that your spoiler might not be a match to the paint on the car. What I mean is that my spoiler on my YJ is almost blue looking in the sun because the vendor who painted the spoilers didn't get the color match right. I have made an appointment with my dealer to get this part on order and it will be covered under warranty. I used to work in the paint shop at the old Fenton truck plant so I know what I am talking about.

#125 ·
For our Yellow Jacket Friends...

Now taking Pre-Orders for Yellow Jacket SX Catch Cans!!
Speedlogix exclusive black anodized catch can with Z mounting bracket. Comes with the YELLOW JACKET / Bee / Speedlogix logos as shown in the photo. Photo is the computer rendering, so the can will be black and the aqua engrave shown in the photo will be the satin billet engrave.

Speedlogix Yellow Jacket Logo Catch Can

#128 ·
Not a Yellow Jacket Owner

There's several in the Boston area. Just saw one yesterday in the showroom for the first time and I couldn't tell if it's any different than Detonator Yellow. Is there a difference in shade or is this basically DY served in 392 form with specials graphics? It did look sweet btw!

#129 ·
Yellow Jackets spotted. 1 on the showroom floor and 2 on the way to Duncan, Oklahoma (North of Dallas). The one on the floor looks nice.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#131 · (Edited)
Hey from Ct. Got mine last week. Had to take what I could get because when I went to order one Chrysler said it was restriced. Since ( or so I believe)it is a Limited edtion, my dealer said that you probably won't be able order any more. So my dealer scrounged one from another dealer, who didn't want to give it up, but because Chrysler has a rule for these cars that a dealer can't order one unless it is already sold , which it wasn't, he didn't have a choice. So I got one already optioned out. Though I not diappointed with the choices.
I believe the radio is a 430n,it has the 900w kicker, sunroof, though I'm not a big fan of sunroofs ( Those of you who are folliciely challenged know what I mean)as long as I keep the shade closed it dosen't bother me. Got the Simoniz,undercoating and rust proof, bumper to bumper warrenty, Goodyear F1's. and have rear mudflaps and door sill gaurds coming this week. Having driven this for a week now the backup camera wouldn't have been a bad idea, can't see a blessed thing backing up. Go forward only. If this is a limited edtion I don't want to change too much that can't be changed back. Probably going to get a CAI first (Airraid)
Also I have a 71 "Cuda" 340ci in lemon twist yellow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.