Official Yellow Jacket Owners Thread! - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
My dealer told me 60-90 days.

You can track your car's build progress on the Dodge Vehicle Order Tracking System (VOTS) site: https://www.dodge.com/vots/

Keep in mind, though, that this thing will drive you nuts because you'll be checking it every hour and be disappointed every time you see there's no change in status. You'll check it less and less, maybe every few days or so, and then all of a sudden you'll be surprised when the status changes. Mine was in "Production Scheduled" for almost a month. Now it's in Paint, and I've read on here that it takes 3 days to build the car. After that, it's Final Inspection, Shipment, and then Delivery. Most people agree that the VOTS thing isn't really that accurate, but it's just a way to appease us eager customers. It's kind of fun to look at, anyway.

I've heard of cars hanging around in the Final Inspection stage for weeks. Then maybe another couple weeks for shipment. I ordered mine on Jan 8, and I hope to get it sometime in March.

Whereabouts in Texas are you? I have some buddies in Dallas.

--Howie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM

(Thread Starter)
I'm in Final Inspection!

My catch can and skip shift eliminator are sitting in my garage. My Zoomers exhaust and Speedlogix CAI are en route. I've got 4 mods ready and waiting for the day I bring the baby home!

--Howie
#33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM

Nice looking Challenger.
#34 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 AM

I finally did it - ordered my new YJ yesterday!

After two years of trying to figure out which Challenger I wanted (I had to have a Challenger after a test drive in '09!) the time had finally come - ordered a new Yellow Jacket yesterdayNow the wait begins!
#35 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgang View Post
After two years of trying to figure out which Challenger I wanted (I had to have a Challenger after a test drive in '09!) the time had finally come - ordered a new Yellow Jacket yesterdayNow the wait begins!
Congrats....the wait sucks but it's worth it

2011 GWE 392 6 speed SRT8

Mods: TINT, Satin Black IE Rims, Black rear spoiler/ Hockey stripes/ Solid "T" hood blackout, H&R Lowering springs

Production numbers GWE: 887 GWE 392's made (459 Manual 428 Auto)
......................................411 GWE R/T's made
......................................1298 GWE Challengers made in total
#36 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Last year, the guys ordering their GWEs ordered Feb. 1 and they got them in June. It seemed they waited until May to start making them because of the paint. However, the YJs are in dealers now, so I don't think paint will be an issue. The DYs were all painted on one run (I think). Yeah, the wait will kill you, but before you know it, you will have owned it two years, like me. The wife says I can get one, but I still think I don't need the power as I can get my SE over the speed limit by the time I get to the end of the on ramp. Just don't have the thrill. Perhaps if I drive one my opinion will change. Have fun with your rides. I'm waiting to find an aftermarket stripe that matches the YJ stripe.

2010 Torred SE, 25G, Heated leather, MyGig 430 w/ Sound Group, Sunroof
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.
#37 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:46 PM

(Thread Starter)
RiderGraphix

RiderGraphix already makes the Yellow Jacket side stripe. You can even put custom text where it would say "Yellow Jacket."

RiderGraphix.com 2008 & Up Dodge Challenger Stripes

I've sent them an email asking if they'll make the hood stripe that was SUPPOSED to come with our cars. I'll let everyone know what they say. I've told them that they'll probably get lots of business from us Challengertalk Yellow Jacket owners!

--Howie
#38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, maybe I'd be better off spending $250 on stripes instead of $25,000 upgrading to an YJ to get them. LOL
#39 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walnetto View Post
Yeah, maybe I'd be better off spending $250 on stripes instead of $25,000 upgrading to an YJ to get them. LOL
If you had a Detonator Yellow car, it would look remarkably close, especially if you used the custom text to say "Yellow Jacket."

If you did it on your TorRed car, would it then become a "Red Jacket?"

--Howie
#40 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 PM

If we get a hood stripe, I'm in.

Last edited by Imadillo; 02-05-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode