Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Official Yellow Jacket Owners Thread!

291K views 1K replies 182 participants last post by  gfolsom 
#1 ·
There are enough of us floating around with Yellow Jackets on order now that we should start our own thread!

This will be the place to post your pics when you finally take delivery on your Yellow Jacket in just a few short weeks.

For now, introduce yourself, tell us where you're from, how you've optioned out your Yellow Jacket, what upgrades you are planning, and maybe other cars in your fleet. I'll go first.

I'm from Evansville, IN. Ordered a 6-spd, upgraded tires, NO sunroof, 730N w/ Premium Sound, Mopar Appearance package. My Speedlogix catch can is also on its way (thanks Shawn!) and skip shift eliminator. Eventually I want to get the Speedlogix CAI, Zoomers exhaust (maybe, I have to hear it in person first), and the back-up camera. Before I even drive off the lot I'm going to have them activate the DRLs and Navigation input while driving.

Other cars I own: '05 Audi A6 and '01 Nissan Pathfinder. This will be my first Mopar!

--Howie

#132 ·
Guess you're one of the lucky ones. Have fun with it. Everyone thinks it is tough backing up. Don't worry. In a few months you will think nothing of it and between the windows and the mirrors, you will not eve notice any problems backing. But yes, I did put in a camera for more protection.

#138 ·
Had one of those "moments" today as I cruised down Loop 1 here in Austin in my SRT8 Yellow Jacket. I saw a flash of yellow in front and saw a distinctive set of tail lights from a 71(?) 340 Hemi 'Cuda, black on yellow. I pulled up alongside we and gave each other a nod and a thumbs up. Fell in behind and enjoyed a few great moments enjoying the company of a distant cousin and one of the cars that inspired me to buy my YJ. Sweet!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#144 ·
All I can say is WOW!!!! I totally loved by 2010 B5 SRT8, it was a awesome color and a great car. I actually felt some sadness signing over the title. THEN, I drove out with my YJ with the 392 and what a great ride. I can tell some differences between the two cars but the 392 is such a nice package. But the way I see it is a Challenger owner regardless of the model is way ahead of the muscle car curve. JMHO.

#145 ·

More pixs, Buzzzzzing thru Santa Cruz mountains, pixs looking down to city of San Jose and Santa Clara County, South SF bay upper left. Past mountains in back ground of other pixs is Santa Cruz and the Santa Cruz Beach Broadwalk, Monterey Bay (Pacific ocean). Good Guys car show at Pleaston today, mostly rained out :thdown:, SMALL turn out, brave souls. Couldn't drag car into rain so early ( soooo clean still ) still early in the year. Thanks to my GF again. Spring is her , more pixs !!! Anymore NEW YJ owners ????????

#151 ·
Strut tower brace painted Stinger Yellow for 2012 Challenger Yellow Jacket

Petty's Garage display at Good Guys car show in Pleasanton, Calif. 3-24-12. They had 4 of them painted Stinger Yellow and ready for YJ owners. Pretty sure price was $364. Didn't buy one, wasn't sure color matched. Showers, no sun. If I had to do it again, would of bought it right then. Called and ordered one. I think next Good Guys show is in LA area on 3-31-12. Let us know if you go to show and get one, good luck. Check out Petty's Garage display, Petty Challenger car was awesome. Heres pix

#153 ·

Petty's Garage display at Good Guys car show in Pleasanton, Calif. 3-24-12. They had 4 of them painted Stinger Yellow and ready for YJ owners. Pretty sure price was $364. Didn't buy one, wasn't sure color matched. Showers, no sun. If I had to do it again, would of bought it right then. Called and ordered one. I think next Good Guys show is in LA area on 3-31-12. Let us know if you go to show and get one, good luck. Check out Petty's Garage display, Petty Challenger car was awesome. Heres pix

It's an exact color match. I ordered a shock tower brace from Petty's Garage in Stinger Yellow, and they had me give them the paint code off the door jamb. They said mine was the first in that color, but then they would make more. When I got it, I held it up against the car and it matched exactly.

The code on the door jamb is PYV, but if you're ordering touch up paint from the dealer, it's KYV. The parts guy said PYV Is the sales code and KYV is the parts code. Either way, it all matches.

#152 ·
Saw my first Yellow Jacket tonight while I stopped in at my dealer to pick up some other parts... they had it on display in the parts area. =)

#155 ·
Any pixs with strut tower brace installed ??? Does it clear everything ??? Was price close ??

#156 ·
The Petty 4pt rear brace is the best design on the market IMO. "X" style bracing, tight fit on the towers, and "pro" welding quality.

This really "firmed up" the back of the car without changing the ride quality, and full sized "templates" for cutting the trunk liners came with it. No need for the "knock out" plates due to guesstimates in cutting/hacking :)

Well worth the money IMO.

#238 ·
Looks real good! How much space do you lose with it installed? I've got a spare tire underneath in place of the caddy, and keep the caddy above. Wondering if it would still fit with bar.

#157 ·
Isn't it a black jacket?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Wish I had one.

#158 ·
Ok I get it my jacket is black, BUT, the word challenger is yellow. I have the artwork on file and when you consider artwork only $75 I can make shirts, sweats, etc for only the shirt cost plus $10 stitching charge. I stylized the logo to be different yet still represent the car. Anyone can make their own line of accessories easily and cost effective with the modern processes of computers and stitching machines. Easier than waiting for mopar to make accessories, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.