Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Ordered a 2016 392

72K views 444 replies 63 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. First post here. I just ordered a 2016 SRT 392. Bright White, M6, Ruby red interior (which now comes with the red seat belt automatically) and sun roof. Dealer said the navigation is now standard too. MSRP was was 52580. Got it for 51 flat. Has anyone else ordered a 2016 and if so, how was pricing for you?

#6 ·
The only difference I can tell on the interior is that you now have to pay for the $195 red seat belts with the ruby red. Other wise all the order form said was Nappa leather/Ruby Red so I assume it is the same as the '15. I got a m6 so I don't know of a price change on the A8. And the sunroof was still $1195.

#8 ·
Sounds to me like you got a great price. I went to 3 dealers and the best I got was 500 off msrp. That was after walking out too. One dealer told me to buy a scat pack instead of srt if I was trying to save money. You got a awesome vehicle at a good price. The M6 392 combo is a blast to drive. Congrats!

#9 ·
IMO, just about anything off MSRP on an SRT is good in my area. They are as scarce as Hellcats here for some reason. I got my 2015 last October and it was the only SRT on any lot within 100 miles (about a dozen dealers). I went the day it arrived and scooped it up because it was the color with all the options I wanted. Paid MSRP but they gave me a $26000 trade on my 2009 SRT which was close to private party price. I watched their website and they ended up selling the 2009 for $25,900 so I think I did OK in the deal. And they did fine as well.

Mike

#10 ·
Mine had just hit the showroom floor, last month. I got two thousand off sticker, and refused to pay for all the silly dealer add on's. I was happy with it. From everything I have heard from other dealers, MSRP is more often the price.

#15 · (Edited)
Stopped by my dealer today, and he just got a new 2015 SRT Sublime M6 with sunroof that he will discount below MSRP if anyone is interested. I'll get a pic to post. MSRP 49,500, told me 45,500 takes it. PM me and I'll hook you up with my sales guy. He's really good.

#26 ·
A dealer here just got a Sublime challenger in too.

#18 · (Edited)
No, he just got it, as the VIN is in the 90xxxx range, which is very late production. My SRT is vin 87xxxx and was built Jun 19. When I ordered my SRT, Sublime was no longer available, but I think this car was ordered well before the cutoff, but the build priority was low, as it was for stock and not a sold order.

#22 · (Edited)
Slidd, it really looks and feels great. It looks great in a white car and I thought hard about it for my Red SRT, because it looks awesome against the red as well (very Ferrari-like!). My only worry versus the black (which is what I chose) was keeping it clean over the long haul or if it got scratched. Black is so easy to match...
That said, if you go for it, it looks (and smells!) way better in person than my smartphone pix! Have a great weekend!

#23 ·
Hi to all - newbie to posting on the forum, but just ordered a 2016 392, B5 Blue, M6, Black Laguna interior with no other options. Trying to "recover" from that $4000 increase over the 2015's. Checked with five dealerships in the middle TN area, 4 of them reporting that they only sell SRT's at MSRP. Located the last dealer slightly outside of the Nashville area, and was able to negotiate - MSRP was 51,190 and got it for 49 and change.

#29 ·
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal as well. And I definitely agree with having to recover from the price increase. I could have gotten the '15 with the same options for 48500 but I didnt pull the trigger in time. Do you have a build date/delivery date yet?

#24 ·
So they're forcing the million dollar seats on ya for '16? hmm im glad i got my '15 when I did then. I like the Laguna seats but i don't like em $1700 more than mine. My A8 loaded SRT was $49,500 with everything available except those seats. I like the look of these with leather all around the seats and headrests and they're still heated and cooled. So Exactly how much is the MSRP now on a '16 equipped the same as my '15?

#25 · (Edited)
AZ, thanks for the info, have to check them out again but I really like that Alcantara.

Yes, Slow Poke, they really are forcing the Laguna on you this year or at least forcing you to pay for it. You can still order the Alcantara but there is no credit back to you which is a rip since Laguna was $1795 last year. The standard Laguna is Black with Sepia available on certain colors. You can also get the Alcantara Suede in Black with all colors or the Black/Red combination with most colors. The Black/Red combo this year will include the Red Seat Belts option at no extra charge, otherwise they are $195 with Black seats.

EDIT: Correction, the Red Belts are included with the Black Alcantara Suede seats only, still optional with the Black /Red seats if you want them for $195.

Here's the 2016 SRT options and prices best I can figure out ..

MSRP / Invoice
49,165 / 48,007
995 / 995 Destination
0 / 0 Gas Guzzler w/ A8
1,000 / 1,051 Gas Guzzler w/ M6
1,400 / 1,246 A8 transmission
595 / 530 Summer Tires
95 / 85 Block Heater
1,195 / 1,064 Sunroof
195 / 174 Red Seat Belts
395 / 352 Tech Group w/ M6
1,195 / 1,064 Tech Group w/ A8
595 / 530 Twin Stripes

That's it. Car got pretty expensive overnight, looks like top sticker for loaded A8 would be $55,430. Wow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#179 ·
Wow that is high. I got my 2015 SRT last month with all these options minus the sunroof and stripes. I got the alcantara seats which i'm not a fan of but I paid almost 10 grand less 46,000.

#32 ·
Ruby red interior (which now comes with the red seat belt automatically)
My understanding is that the Red Seat Belts are included with the Black Alcantara seats only, the Black & Red Alcantara seats get the standard black seat belts unless you order the Red belts for $195 extra.

#33 ·
Slidd, When I placed the order for the red interior, it automatically selected the red seat belt and added the $195. I tried to have the dealer remove it because I didnt really care for it but you can not select it with Ruby Red/black option. Its my understanding they are optional with the black interior but automatically included/forced upon you with the red.

#36 ·
Oh ok, you're saying it was a mandatory option with the Red interior, that is different. The info I have only says it is included with the Black Alcantara at no extra cost and indicates that you cannot get the black suede seats with black belts, they will come with red belts only. So maybe all alcantara suede cars will have red belts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.