Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Possibly purchasing a 2014 srt8

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  mfed123 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, first time poster here although I have browsed this forum for a little over a year now!

I am looking at purchasing a 6.4 challenger. I bought a 14 5.7 last year with the 5 speed auto and enjoyed the car but felt I was missing out on having the 6.4. I sold he car last fall after having her for 9k miles.

Now my dilemma is that the dealership I got my 14 R/T from has a left ove4 14 srt8 fully loaded. MSRP is just under 54k. They are willing to do 48k for the car which still seems kind of expensive to me because of the fact I can get a fully loaded 15 scat pack for around 45k before EP.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can give me some input on.

1. Is the 8 speed auto on the 15 that much of an improvement over the 5 speed auto. I have the 8 speed in my 14 ram and feel like it shifts too much sometimes when I'm just cruising on the highway.

2. Where could I get the invoice number for the 2014 srt8 and what is the most YOU would pay for it if you were In my situation?

3. I live in Michigan and I'm hoping that as winter (quickly) approaches the dealership will want to move the 14 srt8 quicker especially because 16's will start production in the fall.

4. If I decide to go with the 14 srt8 over the 15 scat pack does anybody have some tips that could help me negotiate the price lower than what they're currently asking (48k)

Looking to spend about 45k on the vehicle which is the main reason the 15 srt8 is not an option.

Thank you all for any input on any of these questions that I have. I'm sure I will have more questions down the road or as they come up because I don't want to "rush" into this purchase like I did with my 5.7 and end up selling it the same year.

Pictures of 2014 5.7 posted for entertainment and thank you again for any knowledge!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Look up the value of a 2014 as a trade in and offer that, I'd bet they'd offer an owner low to mid 40's if one rolled in. It's almost 2 model years old so don't buy any story they try to sell you on.
It's your money they need so stick to your guns and see if they concede, you already have the truck so it's not like you have to have this car. Good luck.

Reactions: rghoskins
#6 ·
Yea man, 48k is definitely a little high for that car.. I got a '14 SRT core Satin Vapor edition, with 7500miles on her, for 38k OTD. Now granted it's not "fully loaded" or anything like that, but, she did come with a few options!! Plus it was signed by Mark Trostle! So that's pretty cool as well ;) You should be able to find one well within your price range! Don't settle for something out of your range!!

Reactions: Slidd
#7 ·
Thanks for the tips Coasty! I'm hoping I'll be able to get it for 45k or under as that will be about what a 15/16 SP would run me fully loaded but I prefer the idea of having the "SRT" model if you will lol. What is the Satin Vapor edition it sounds interesting?!

#12 ·
The dodge web page will let find all the left over SRT 14s at dealers in the search feature, some have really deep discounts....could not help myself I had to look at the deals I can not buy....

#19 ·

I bought this one locally for $45.3K in May. Plus tax and license too. Sticker was $48.3K. I don't claim to have made the best deal in history, but I'm happy. Lightly optioned but still all SRT. With the end of the model year coming, the deals should be getting better. Start searching. That is half the fun.

Now, if you like the pre '15 styling, head that way. You'll be happy with whatever one you find.

#23 ·
Im almost 99% sure you could find a 15 SRT for 45k during the winter months when the 2016 start hitting the dealer lots. You may as well get the new and latest interior and exterior updates and improvements that the 15 has to offer. Like you said, you would really hate to buy again and be ready to trade in a year. Just my 2 cents.... Good luck

#25 ·
Keep in mind that SRT does not offer incentives like the other Challengers. That's one really nice thing about the Scat Pack - you get the motor of the SRT and the $ saving incentives.

Being that you're buying brand new, you may want to consider searching out of your area. If you find a great price that is thousands less than what you can buy locally, the cost of a one way plane ticket and a hotel room is worth it. Negotiate through the phone and email. Most dealerships have sales people who deal just with online sales. If they know you're from out of the area, they know you're a serious buyer who will buy for the right price, and it gives you a little leverage. I bought my SRT that way. I told them if they give me a great price I'll travel the 800 miles and be up there the next day. They hit my number and 24 hours later I was driving back home.

Good luck to you. Enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the negotiating! I love buying cars. I could do it every week.

#27 ·
I really like the incentives on the Scat Packs which was a reason for purchasing that over the SRT8. The dealer said they would do 46k for the 14 and I still don't feel that is reasonable. I have no problem traveling so I've been looking out of state to find a good deal. Not in a rush to buy a car but if i could find something before Woodward Dream Cruise next weekend that would be awesome! :wink3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.