Dodge Challenger Forum banner

to ralph gilles

6K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  MizzouRT 
#1 ·
I'll give you $1,000,000 to give up the algorithm...:mah:

#2 ·
If I had a Million I'd sell my challenger and get a CCXR 1200rwhp is a lot!!

#9 · (Edited)
It is hard to see how SRT can remain relevant as a performance brand with the locked PCM. SRT becomes the next Nokia or RIMM / Blackberry with aftermarket support drying up and all the enthusiasts jumping ship to other brands. Dodge can sell basic transportation and commodity cars with a locked PCM, but it will kill the SRT brand. SRT will be viewed as the weak sister, locked down, stock-only brand that is uncompetitive. Not a nice place to be.

#14 ·
we're blessed to see the Underground Racing cars once as year here in Houston for Texas2K.

fast forward to 1:00 to see what this lamborghini does to the 1400whp Supra on nitrous.

#!

#15 ·
I would pay off debts, pay cash for a home, purchase 2013 Viper and invest the rest. TT Aventador is so damn ridiculous. :icon_biggrin:

#19 · (Edited)
purchase 2013 Viper
Ya but how pissed are you gonna be when you pay 150k+ for a car that you cant do anything with...cause you know that ***** is gonna be locked down just as bad if not worse than our PCM's.

I was reading a report that Dodge made a statement that this is gonna be an industry standard. Ford and Chevy to follow soon. Hmmm 2 years now and they still havent locked their PCM's yet.

#22 ·
We could do a Change.Org petition, that seems to the foremost site that gets national media attention, and companies actually respond to it... because it makes them look bad...

In my opinion for Dodge to respond to us, right now we are to fragmented, we as 392 fans, or any locked PCM owners, we need to be a single voice, instead of hitting them all over the place band together, and march on them.

#21 ·
honestly the code is worth way more than 1mil. you could make 10x that back if you could unlock pcms

#29 ·
my opinion: Dave just needs to hand over the algorithms and access to Chrysler's tuning software to Brian, Johan, Jerseyboy or anyone NOT named Dave at B&G.

it's like going to war with the biggest and baddest weapon on earth, but being manned by a 13 year old 95lb kid with asthma.....

get it into the hands of people that know WTF they're doing and everyone would be happy.

there, i said what everyone else is thinking....

"...sorry to ruin your black panther party..."
/forrest gump

#32 ·
The Gen4 vipers don't really have any tuning still either. Not sure what the commotion is lol. They just swap a part or two from the gen3 cars and it works no problem. ART will probably jump on the new viper quickly, and start playing with it.

#35 ·
I f'n love my Challenger, but this will be the last Chrysler vehicle I purchase.

From a business standpoint, Chrysler has nothing to gain by unlocking PCM's. AT all. Sales are still going strong, no more "warranty" issues.... would they really see that much of a business boom if the codes we're out? Honestly, I don't think most of the market even knows what a PCM is. In fact, the only part of the market this affects is die hard gear heads like us. And I hardly think anyone over at "HQ" is losing sleep over that.

Makes my decision to have my next car be an import that much easier.

#37 ·
Personally I think they have not released the code to unlock it is because they don't know how to unlock it. They created something that is locked up so tight they can't fiquire it out either. Think about it you have all the aftermarket working on it and going know where. I think the aftermarket is just as smart if not smarter than dodge

#40 ·
After 4 pages I feel kind of compelled to comment on this thread. I buy a fairly hot car about every 2 years. I keep the very best and dump the rest. My last "gotta have" I bought a 04 SSR (no fat girl jokes) and was unhappy with the 5.3L 300 motor. Easy enough a slew of motor goodies and LS Edit on the computer and it now runs with my 392 Challenger no problem (straight line of course). I've always been able to do this even with my 96 GTS Viper (that I still have). I love the Challenger but it will be my last...something wrong with having a car and about excited as you can get is that you can get a matching color catch can. The fun of owning hot rods is throwing on a set of carefully thought out headers, etc and then tuning fuel distribution so the maximum utilization from the purchase would be realized. Even if MOPAR decided to sell their own aftermarket products and supported tuning of some kind I'm sure they would sell "enough" and keep 90% of the I want it guys...happy. I'm not sure from a business point of view why they don't even consider it. If I owned the Challenger division as a minimum I would offer headers, super/turbo chargers, TBs, shaker hoods, spoilers, diffusers, etc for all 3 Challengers. 6 cylinder challenger guys would be in heaven. That's all I got!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.