SC392 630HP on a stock ECU - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Those are crazy numbers. i would call BS on anyone else but you are a solid dude.

2010 BB SRT8 STICK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
That IE is going to hold value on looks alone I bet. Though someday numbers matching could matter I guess. How limited is the IE?
1492 to my recollection.

____________________________________________________________ __________
2012 Challenger SRT8 B/B, 6 spd, Magnusson Supercharger 8lbs, Petty's CAI, Kooks
Headers with high flow cats, Borla Catback exhaust, urethane cradle bushings, rear adjustable bushings, Pedder's Coilovers, Vossen CV3 with custom finish
____________________________________________________________ __________
#43 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephron View Post
1492 to my recollection.
1100 in the US

2011 SRT8 IE #996 White w/Blue Stripes. 11.85@ 113.79 with a 1.60 60' . Zoomers Catback, Speedlogix fender well CAI, Paramount 3000 Stall Converter, B&G 93 octane ECU, M&H Drag Radials. ==== Future Procharger
#44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Well I strapped some gauges to the car (literally) so I could monitor boost and voltage on the boost-a-pump. At 5700 I hit ~8 PSI and maxed the boost a pump at ~19.5 volts. The combination of higher boost and over working the boost-a-pump is probably what lead to the lean after 6K on on the dyno chart. I'm guessing a set of different pulley's will fix that while we finish the development. Then back to the pulley's I have now with an upgraded fuel system!

Authorized MODERN MUSCLE Dealer and Installer
Trinity and B&G Tune $799 (for limited time) available only through MODERN MUSCLE

http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/

WWW.SRTLLC.NET Tuning 2011, 12, 13 Hemi's!
sroos@srtllc.net

SRT8 IE 392 0056/1100 630 HP Tuned by B&G!
DWB, 6 Speed, SRT Option Group 2, NAV
12.467 @ 109.33 so far! (75 Degrees, 100% Humidity)
First Mail Order BG Chrysler Tuned 392
First Blown 392 on a stock B&G Tuned ECU
#45 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar muscle 73 View Post
First off congrats on the car and the added power. I hope you get out to a few challenger friendly events to see what it can do.

However, something just doesn't add up for me based on what is posted. A stock 392, with a BAP, and SRT4 injectors and a Vortech V (3?) at 6-8 lbs? Long tubes are not typically a power adder and with only 6-8 lbs of boost I've been led to believe there is no added power and it may decrease HP on low boost applications. ( I could be wrong) Catbacks and hi flow cats wont add much either but sure sounds better.The same with 90mm TB's. If they don't cause issues they won't add much for a low boost application. And a pain in the butt to tune. (i've been through 2 of them so farand back to stock TB)

I just don't see a way for a tune to add 50-70 more HP than what is normal on our cars. I could understand a difference in tuning of 10%, heck even 20%. But a 50% gain in HP from tuning. It just sounds too good to be true. (I based the increase on Vortech and Procharger stating up to a 150 HP increase on the Challengers) I don't believe our tunes were that poorly done over the last several years so finding a 30%+ increase in HP would require something magical in my opinion.

Did you have a baseline on that dyno before the work was done? That is the only thing I base my mods on when on the dyno. I stay with the same dyno for any work, so I can gauge results better. There are no stingy dynos in my opinion. It's bollacks! Its improvement from baseline that should be a key indicator.

Saying that it was a stingy dyno is like a short guy standing on his tiptoes to say he was taller than he is.

I'm glad you like the results and like others have said already, you will want to address the drive train and fuel system regardless of what Vortech wants.

Cheers
X2 glad you took the time to write it.

Short guy analogy was great.

2010 SRT8 6 speed

Performance:
ST Forged stroked 393 CI motor, Blown Kenne Bell Style 2.8 LC, 148mm TB
Inertia blower heads, ST blower cam, Corsa Extream Exhaust, Hurst shifter, Aeroforce gauges, Mcleod RXT clutch, lots of other go fast shiny stuff
733 whp@11lb boost
#46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chukarboy View Post
X2 glad you took the time to write it.

Short guy analogy was great.
I don't know where everybody is getting their numbers from, but if Roomraider is putting down 580 and Dave Kasper at B&G has found another 30 HP on his setup that would give him 610 to the ground. The difference between 610 and 630 is 3.2% which could be caused by a multitude of things. I'm not saying the car has 630HP the dyno is! Like everybody has said dyno's are a tuning tool. Maybe all the dyno guru's should get together and develop a dyno calibration standard.

The other thing some are doing is generalizing supercharger types. Does a Magnusen run as cool as a Vortech or cooler? Which kit has cooler AIT's (this one makes a significant difference in power). I do know my AIT's stay within 8-10 degrees of ambient. There is more to it than just boost and injectors! How do these other factors come into play?

Last edited by Red Barron; 12-23-2012 at 11:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Barron For This Useful Post:
HEMIZSP (12-23-2012)
#47 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 11:25 PM

Thanked 1,478 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barron View Post
I don't where everybody is getting their numbers from, but if Roomraider is putting down 580 and Dave Kasper at B&G has found another 30 HP on his setup that would give him 610 to the ground. The difference between 610 and 630 is 3.2% which could be caused by a multitude of things. I'm not saying the car has 630HP the dyno is! Like everybody has said dyno's are a tuning tool. Maybe all the dyno guru's should get together and develop a dyno calibration standard.

The other thing some are doing is generalizing supercharger types. Does a Magnusen run as cool as a Vortech or cooler? Which kit has cooler AIT's (this one makes a significant difference in power). I do know my AIT's stay within 8-10 degrees of ambient. There is more to it than just boost and injectors! How do these other factors come into play?
Agreed. Keep it up. I for one am taking notes. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

********* TUNED, HURST SHIFTER, MAGNAFLOW COMP SERIES 16885, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR FRONT & REAR BRACE, NITTO NT05 TIRES
#48 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 AM
AMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybill View Post
1100 in the US
wrong!

1099 in the us

#1014 is in brazil
#49 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Ah... ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMM View Post
wrong!

1099 in the us

#1014 is in brazil

2012 Dodge White Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires

#50 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rander View Post
Ah... ok
and 2 in Saudi and one in Abu dahbi and one in qatar lol

Mods:
Zoomers cat-back
Catless mid pipes
85mm BBK throttle body
SLP 17% underdrive pulley
Stage2 NAG1 Valve body
TTi LTs 1 7/8" stepped 2" into a 3" collector
AFe Stage2 Magnum
Diablosport Trinity
Mopar TCM
274 Comp cam

Next mods:
As soon as I buy another car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode