SC392 630HP on a stock ECU - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Originally Posted by Red Barron View Post
I don't know where everybody is getting their numbers from, but if Roomraider is putting down 580 and Dave Kasper at B&G has found another 30 HP on his setup that would give him 610 to the ground. The difference between 610 and 630 is 3.2% which could be caused by a multitude of things. I'm not saying the car has 630HP the dyno is! Like everybody has said dyno's are a tuning tool. Maybe all the dyno guru's should get together and develop a dyno calibration standard.

The other thing some are doing is generalizing supercharger types. Does a Magnusen run as cool as a Vortech or cooler? Which kit has cooler AIT's (this one makes a significant difference in power). I do know my AIT's stay within 8-10 degrees of ambient. There is more to it than just boost and injectors! How do these other factors come into play?

I'm happy for you, Its just funny how we love the drum numbers( I'm guilty). I give some respect to Dave for his ability to tune the new platform, but I don't give a tuner respect for the numbers he can produce when there are so many variables. When it come to max power and tuning, its just fuel and spark period. Agressive high hp numbers are how much you push those two. All the other stuff are ways to manipulate the tables for more power by adding or taking away from fuel and spark. I give great respect to tuners that give longevity, drivability, linear power, cold starts, timing during shifts etc.

Kasper may be a good tuner, but its not because he can get you 30hp more than other guys.

Let us know what you do with the fuel system.

2010 SRT8 6 speed

Performance:
ST Forged stroked 393 CI motor, Blown Kenne Bell Style 2.8 LC, 148mm TB
Inertia blower heads, ST blower cam, Corsa Extream Exhaust, Hurst shifter, Aeroforce gauges, Mcleod RXT clutch, lots of other go fast shiny stuff
733 whp@11lb boost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by chukarboy View Post
I'm happy for you, Its just funny how we love the drum numbers( I'm guilty). I give some respect to Dave for his ability to tune the new platform, but I don't give a tuner respect for the numbers he can produce when there are so many variables. When it come to max power and tuning, its just fuel and spark period. Agressive high hp numbers are how much you push those two. All the other stuff are ways to manipulate the tables for more power by adding or taking away from fuel and spark. I give great respect to tuners that give longevity, drivability, linear power, cold starts, timing during shifts etc.

Kasper may be a good tuner, but its not because he can get you 30hp more than other guys.

Let us know what you do with the fuel system.
I could careless about drum numbers, but this forum tends to like them and then chew you up and spit them out when you provide them. I will assure you Dave Kasper didn't get his higher numbers by taking AJ's tune and leaning it out and and adding timing.

Anyhow I'm hooked on boost!

http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/

WWW.SRTLLC.NET Tuning 2011, 12, 13 Hemi's!
sroos@srtllc.net

SRT8 IE 392 0056/1100 630 HP Tuned by B&G!
DWB, 6 Speed, SRT Option Group 2, NAV
12.467 @ 109.33 so far! (75 Degrees, 100% Humidity)
First Mail Order BG Chrysler Tuned 392
First Blown 392 on a stock B&G Tuned ECU
Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by rander View Post
Ah... ok
And don't forget about the ten or so that Dodge produced to cover wrecked or damaged cars... LOL!

Anyway, RB, thanks for all the hard work and development. The "community" sure appreciates it!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
That IE is going to hold value on looks alone I bet. Though someday numbers matching could matter I guess. How limited is the IE?
You want rare? Research "2011 Kowalski Challenger" or Drag Pack Challenger... That's rare. I'm pretty sure that there are fewer 2011 Billet Silver Challengers than white or blue IEs...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by gr8srt8 View Post
You want rare? Research "2011 Kowalski Challenger" or Drag Pack Challenger... That's rare. I'm pretty sure that there are fewer 2011 Billet Silver Challengers than white or blue IEs...
Well I didnt buy my IE as an investment. I liked the car and I am doing whatever I want to it. We will be too old to enjoy any increase in value if it ever happens anyway.
2011 SRT8 IE #996 White w/Blue Stripes. 11.85@ 113.79 with a 1.60 60' . Zoomers Catback, Speedlogix fender well CAI, Paramount 3000 Stall Converter, B&G 93 octane ECU, M&H Drag Radials. ==== Future Procharger
Old 12-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Red Barron View Post
I could careless about drum numbers, but this forum tends to like them and then chew you up and spit them out when you provide them. I will assure you Dave Kasper didn't get his higher numbers by taking AJ's tune and leaning it out and and adding timing.

Anyhow I'm hooked on boost!
I think what you are doing is terrific. A month ago some people were reading your and Dave's eulogy and expecting you to roll over and die. Instead you embraced the new technology, integrated your product with it and formed some great strategic alliances. Now you have a 2011 S/C'ed 392 working on a stock ECU. Although I have heard others are working on supercharger packages for the 392, I don't see them posting pictures and updates along with Dyno charts like you have done.

I appreciate all the great things going on right now, no matter if it is you, B&G, Diablosport, Brian or any other vendor developing products for the 2011+ Hemi's, but I know for sure that these efforts will result in me having many options for modding my car when it comes out of winter storage. Far be it for me to criticize or nitpick.

As far as your Dyno numbers, I couldn't care less if it was a generous or stingy Dyno, they are very encouraging and impressive. Keep up the good work Steve and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

2011 SRT8 392 Billet w/Black Stripes
Hurst Shifter w/ Gunslinger CF Pistol Grip, Handle, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, AIRAID CAI, Fastman 85mm ported TB, BT Catch Can, 180 Degree Jet T-stat, Nitto NT05 275/40ZR20's, Hopnot Total Package, B&G 93 Octane Tune

Last edited by vichammer; 12-24-2012 at 06:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vichammer For This Useful Post:
Flying Dutchman (12-24-2012), S8ER01Z (12-24-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Premium Member

Guy's it is well know that I have joing forces with Arrington Performance and AJ and myself are working together, there is no compition between us on who can out do who or produce the biggest HP numbers, but we are working together to produce the most refined and World Class tuning solutions to be avalible for the Chrysler Vehicle Line up.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:30 AM

You spelling ability is freaking me out dude!!!! lol J/K
Old 12-26-2012, 07:30 AM

very excieted to see things moving forward for the 392, even if most of it is moving out of the price range I am comfortable with, lol. Should be interesting summer coming up.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Av'sfan View Post
You spelling ability is freaking me out dude!!!! lol J/K
HA,HA Yeah small phone small key pad in a parking lot in a rush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.