Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Some 392 Hemi Haters Out There

6K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  S8ER01Z 
#1 · (Edited)
Obviously, I have dual loyalty :browsmiley:
Having said that, I drove my Z16 to a car show/cruise this week. A bunch of sweet rides...all years, makes & models. The guy behind me in the pic had a 2012 392...supercharged by Arrington. Was showing it off to me & a few other guys. The "Pre-Hellcat" as he called it. The power & sound was awesome. I started talking to another Chevy guy about how I really liked that 392. He responded by telling me what a pice of crap it is....over-sized, overweight, needs a supercharger for any real power, & then commented how it's probably OK for him (the 392 owner) because when you're that age (he was probably in his late 60's) you need a blvd. cruiser. I just let him keep talking.
Then, I pulled out my Android...& showed him some pic's of MY "old guy" car.
He kinda tilted his head down...stuttered a bit...& walked away.:sneaky:

See less See more
Reactions: ghostrt
#2 ·
AWESOME baby!! Thanks for posting. Oh, and your Vette, I'm not into them, but that's a real good looking ride bro. Nice.

Reactions: 2BLU4U
#4 ·
Over-sized, overweight... blah blah blah. The 392 still packs a lot of punch. Anyone who talks down about it is just grasping at straws.

Reactions: ghostrt
#9 ·
You can always stick up for the 392 by calling it the 2nd most powerful N/A V8 out there, I mean after the Chevy 427 in the Z28 and it also used to be in the Z06 Corvette, what else is there? It is more powerful than the current C7 'vette. Mercedes did make a couple very powerful n/a V8s in the AMG line...

#10 ·
Doesn't that Cadillac cts or ats what ever the hell it is have over 500 hp?

#13 ·
I started talking to another Chevy guy about how I really liked that 392. He responded by telling me what a pice of crap it is....over-sized, overweight, needs a supercharger for any real power, & then commented how it's probably OK for him (the 392 owner) because when you're that age (he was probably in his late 60's) you need a blvd. cruiser. I just let him keep talking.
Well... to be fair that is what a lot people outside of this site say about our Challenger. But that's okay because finally, the RT has the power to smoke the SS and GTs along with a lot of luxury brands and that's what matters most.
Forever passing:rocket:

#17 ·
Obviously, I have dual loyalty :browsmiley:
Having said that, I drove my Z16 to a car show/cruise this week. A bunch of sweet rides...all years, makes & models. The guy behind me in the pic had a 2012 392...supercharged by Arrington. Was showing it off to me & a few other guys. The "Pre-Hellcat" as he called it. The power & sound was awesome. I started talking to another Chevy guy about how I really liked that 392. He responded by telling me what a pice of crap it is....over-sized, overweight, needs a supercharger for any real power, & then commented how it's probably OK for him (the 392 owner) because when you're that age (he was probably in his late 60's) you need a blvd. cruiser. I just let him keep talking.
Then, I pulled out my Android...& showed him some pic's of MY "old guy" car.
He kinda tilted his head down...stuttered a bit...& walked away.:sneaky:
It's obvious from his put downs, he feels threatened by the great 392.

Reactions: teddyp
#20 ·
I am at the age now where I have learned to appreciate all cars. I had the only Charger in HS back in the late 70's so I hated all things not MOPAR because of all the smart-arses out there in their Camaros, and Trans Ams, etc. Not any longer. They are all cool to me and special in their own way (sorry: except a Chevelle which is a big ugly dog and always will be...:browsmiley: emphasis on the "ugly" and "dog"... :icon_biggrin:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.