Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Squeaky Clutch Pedal?

9K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Yellow Jacket 
#1 ·
So I've had the car for a day now and I've noticed that the clutch pedal seems to make a squeaking sound (kind of like a spring sound maybe?) when I depress the pedal or when I let the pedal out. I wasn't sure if this was normal, if it was due to the car being new (only 33 miles on it when I bought it) or what. Anybody else hear this or have any advice? Thanks!

#2 ·
My left rear brake was squealing, I wasn't happy about it, but now after an extra 1000 miles, it has stopped. Maybe just give it sometime or some WD-40 can work some magic down there ;)

#5 ·
Anyone find a fix? My car did not do it during the test drive with 12 miles on car. It does not do it when you 1st drive the car, but after it warms up it does. Squeaks when you depress or release the clutch pedal. Feels like something is rubbing or a bushing.

#10 ·
I had this problem with my R/T, I bought it new and thought the pedal either needed to break in or the grease needed to spread. After 1500 miles of squeaking, I took it to the dealer who greased both pivots, it worked for a little but the squeak came back. It was temp dependent and only did it half as much, but it was still there. I think they just used spray lube and didn't actually take it apart and grease the pivots. This is something I figured I could fix myself, but I didn't want to fiddle with it because it has a warranty so I took it back to the dealer. They ordered a complete new pedal assembly and installed it. I thought that was a little overkill, but it worked. The mechanic said although this is the first lx manual trans he has had to work on, he said it appeared that the upper bushing was never greased from the factory, he said the new assembly was greased. I have put about 3000 more miles on it now, not one squeak!, it really makes the driving experience more pleasant! Keep up with your dealer, it may be possible there was a run of pedal pivots that left without grease.

#12 ·
I had this problem with my R/T, I bought it new and thought the pedal either needed to break in or the grease needed to spread. After 1500 miles of squeaking, I took it to the dealer who greased both pivots, it worked for a little but the squeak came back. It was temp dependent and only did it half as much, but it was still there. I think they just used spray lube and didn't actually take it apart and grease the pivots. This is something I figured I could fix myself, but I didn't want to fiddle with it because it has a warranty so I took it back to the dealer. They ordered a complete new pedal assembly and installed it. I thought that was a little overkill, but it worked. The mechanic said although this is the first lx manual trans he has had to work on, he said it appeared that the upper bushing was never greased from the factory, he said the new assembly was greased. I have put about 3000 more miles on it now, not one squeak!, it really makes the driving experience more pleasant! Keep up with your dealer, it may be possible there was a run of pedal pivots that left without grease.
Per your advice and post, my dealer replaced the pedal assembly. It's squeaking worse than ever!!. The dealer is supposed to check with Chrysler to see what can be done to resolve the issue. I don't have high hopes of them fixing anything. Although I really enjoy my RT, with the issues I have had and the service morons I have run into at Dodge, this will be my last Chrysler/Dodge product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.