SRT Track Experience Question - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
SRT Track Experience Question

I am back after a year and a half in a Camaro SS. Picked up my GWE SRT8 with 3200 miles on it about 4 weeks ago. The question I have is about the SRT track experience. The Carfax report shows the car was only owned a few months from first purchase to trade in. Is there any way to determine if the track experience was used and if not can it be obtained as the second owner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
You would have to sign up on the track experience website with the last 6 of your vin, if its been used already i'm sure it will let you know. If not, it will go through and you've got yourself a track experience.
#3 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info. I just found that site after I posted and tried it. It says "You're automatically eligible to participate in the SRT Track Experience without additional charges." so that leads me to believe its not been used. There isn't a schedule to pick from though unless its an iPad limitation. I'll try it on the PC. Thanks again!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,584 Times in 999 Posts
For 100$ u could take a guest. It's well worth it. Congrats on ur mopar.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

********* TUNED, HURST SHIFTER, MAGNAFLOW COMP SERIES 16885, MOPAR CAI, MOPAR FRONT & REAR BRACE, NITTO NT05 TIRES
#5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Premium Member

They told me that it would be mid Jan before they put out the 2013 schedule.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM

Thanked 1,584 Times in 999 Posts
They said they gonna have the new viper as of next year at the track

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
#7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing the '13 schedule. I fully intend to take advantage of this, particularly since I am paying for it with the car.

In the stable-
2013 GCM SRT8 Challenger, 6 Speed
2006 TorRed Daytona Charger, 5 Speed Auto

"All I need is cigarettes, guitars and Gasoline!" - Travis Tritt

Last edited by Chazz; 12-03-2012 at 04:54 AM.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing the '13 schedule. I fully intend to take advantage of this, particularly since I am paying for it with the car.
You'll have a blast. Make sure that you go to a major NASCAR track, even if you have to travel a distance.

I felt a little cheated when I went. My event was held at a small chewed-up autocross track (Englishtown, NJ) while it was raining. Because of the weather, speeds were limited to about 80 mph, no 1/4 runs (less than an 1/8 mile in the parking lot), and no one was allowed to drive the Viper (it was there only for a photo shoot)!

#9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:24 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
You'll have a blast. Make sure that you go to a major NASCAR track, even if you have to travel a distance.

I felt a little cheated when I went. My event was held at a small chewed-up autocross track (Englishtown, NJ) while it was raining. Because of the weather, speeds were limited to about 80 mph, no 1/4 runs (less than an 1/8 mile in the parking lot), and no one was allowed to drive the Viper (it was there only for a photo shoot)!
I'd say you're better going to a road track (like VIR) rather than NASCAR track. For example, at Lowes Motor Speedway, the hot laps are on a very short circuit, so your 2-lap sprints don't last very long. Also, for the events I've been to, the participants don't get to drive the Viper, it is only used for the ridealongs at the end (and only 20% of the attendants get to go in it).

2008 SRT10 Viper Coupe - sold
2011 392 Challenger - traded
2009 SRT8 Challenger - traded
2006 SRT8 Magnum

I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam

#10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
From what I understand when I talked to the guy who runs the driving school they are pretty relaxed on the issue.

We talked to him at a trade show this past weekend. My brother was worried about his time frame since you only have a year to sign up...he was waiting for me to buy mine so we could go together. Guy said just call if you start to run out of time they will work with you.

I would think if you would call them and explain the situation they would most likely get you in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode