Time to see what a supercharged 6.4 can really do now that proper tuning is available - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Time to see what a supercharged 6.4 can really do now that proper tuning is available

Here are a few things/concerns/questions that are floating around the rumor mill now that tuning is available.

1. It was said that tuning puts the 392 to its original crate form which produces 525 horsepower.

2. Some believe the horsepower war could be evened out with forced induction capabilities for the 392, well i say "duh" to that.

3. Side note here people who got the bg tune must feel like a pile of you know what right now.

4. Does this mean we wont see a 6.2 liter supercharged challenger in the future?

5. Just how much power will a pre canned tune from the trinity produce if you dont believe #1 above?

6. Could the challenger break into the 11's in the quarter mile run given autos at best run 12.2's natural aspirated or would you need more? I say slicks and tune along with the right weather/d.a you got it.

7. Last but not least dyno-steve cant charged 12-15 grand for a pcm swap and supercharger. Sooooo thank you diablosport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 AM

Thanked 1,100 Times in 658 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck10 View Post
Here are a few things/concerns/questions that are floating around the rumor mill now that tuning is available.

1. It was said that tuning puts the 392 to its original crate form which produces 525 horsepower.

2. Some believe the horsepower war could be evened out with forced induction capabilities for the 392, well i say "duh" to that.

3. Side note here people who got the bg tune must feel like a pile of you know what right now.

4. Does this mean we wont see a 6.2 liter supercharged challenger in the future?

5. Just how much power will a pre canned tune from the trinity produce if you dont believe #1 above?

6. Could the challenger break into the 11's in the quarter mile run given autos at best run 12.2's natural aspirated or would you need more? I say slicks and tune along with the right weather/d.a you got it.

7. Last but not least dyno-steve cant charged 12-15 grand for a pcm swap and supercharger. Sooooo thank you diablosport.

An Edelbrock e-Force should put the 6.4 at well over 600 horse at the flywheel with no other mods. It's the same Eaton TVS used on the ZL1,ZR1 and the Shelby. I know what direction I'm going...

Brett DiMichele

2011 Toxic Orange

2015 SRT Hellcat on order with Bob Frederick (Billet Silver, Sepia Languna)

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
#3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Banned

Quite a few people have been seeing what supercharged 392's can do for a while now.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:

He quoted me $16900...

OH SO glad I waited for this to happen!

Hello, I will be out of the office driving my 392 SRT8. If you need immediate assistance during this time, please contact "Eat my DUST" or "No Ticket Please". I am confident that either will be able to assist you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brent_H For This Useful Post:
grimmysnr (12-10-2012)
#5 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:02 AM

You got that right Brent! Toxic's route will be the route many take including myself.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:

The current VCT 6.4 in your car is nothing like the 6.1-based 392 crate engine that has been out for several years now.

'12 Challenger SRT8 Pitch Black 6-speed, stripe delete, all options
-AFR functional SHAKER hood, Hurst/Mopar short throw pistol grip W/Larry's mod, Corsa Extreme, Jet 180 t-stat, HEMI FEVER tune, BT catch can, ceramic tint/clear bra/C-Quartz...you know, some other crap too
13.56@104.38 stock tune/tires DA 7170 - that's 12.33@114.45 corrected!!!
#7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 AM

I was thinking about getting a nice polished Kenne Bell SC. Is the Edelbrock one better? Who makes the best one? (not biased opinions, LOL)
#8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM

Well you cannot go wrong with a KB, but that E-force is a new type of blower with respect to efficiency and bolt-on ability from what I understand, so it's a great option for those reasons. But I don't think you can beat the KB for ultimate power output.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic11 View Post
an edelbrock e-force should put the 6.4 at well over 600 horse at the flywheel with no other mods. It's the same eaton tvs used on the zl1,zr1 and the shelby. I know what direction i'm going...
bingo!!!!!! The 2.3L TVS works wonders.

2007 Procharged SRT8 Charger..........SOLD
2010 Mopar 10 Challenger.................SOLD
2010 R/T Classic Challenger...............SOLD
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride
100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28
With drag radials, tune and CAI...............best of 12.008 @ 115.74
#10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM

Fella's if 600hp for the 392 is true won't that require a few mods to ensure safe power to the pavement (ie half shafts, trans upgrade for auto, etc)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode