Vehicle Security Alarm - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 AM

Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Vehicle Security Alarm

While running errands during a locally heavy rainstorm on Friday, I made a mad dash entry into my Challenger 392 SRT8. After closing the driver door I noticed the door locks had retreated to their locked position. This normally doesn't happen until I reach about 10mph. I buckled up, applied the brake, and pushed the keyless-start button.. Nothing happened except a message appeared saying "Key Fob not recognized." I checked that I was carrying my Key Fob in my pocket - it was there. I decided the system didn't like having the doors locked, so I pushed the "unlock doors" button on the drivers side and opened the door. Immediately the car went into Security Alarm status - the horn began pulsing, the headlights came on, the turn signals began flashing. (I envisioned myself sitting in the rain for three hours waiting for AAA to show up to disconnect the battery). Then, for some reason, I decided to pull the key FOB out of my pocket. I pressed the UNLOCK button on the Key Fob and the alarm stopped. The car start function worked normally, and I was able to drive away. Later I read the owners manual - it states that that you can create conditions that will give you a false alarm. If this occurs you can disarm the system by pressing UNLOCK button on the Key Fob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim Radford For This Useful Post:
jt112673 (12-02-2012), KaptainSpaulding (12-21-2012), USRWDV8 (12-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have also noticed various Key Fob Not Detected on mine when the battery inside the FOB gets low... I just keep a few extra batteries in my center console. For some reason these fobs seem to chew up batteries.
2011 SRT/8, 392, M6, Toxic Orange, Viper Alarm w/GPS, Custom MB Quart Sponsored Audio, CORSA Xtreme, Trinity Tuner, AirAid Gen2, CREE LED Fogs, Front & Rear Cameras, Speedlogix Catch Can, Billet Dress Up Kit, 180 stat, Skip Shift Eliminator, Hurst Shifter, and Magnaflow Mids. // 422.37hp, TQ 418.45

Old 12-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

no keyfob found happens to me every so often. I have gotten used to it and just press the lock or unlock button and then I can start the car. Typical programming issues with Dodge that we have to live with but I will say not really a hassle if you know what to do.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its a bit off topic, but I let my battery die on my Challe... and then needed to pop out the push starter button to try and start with the KeyFob in the slot....

MISTAKE # 1 - DONT DO THIS.. if your battery is dead. It WILL lock your key in the slot, not matter what position you place key in. I had to charge up the battery and then I had to start it, and turn it off, to be able to remove the key.... Not sure what the heck kind of a dumb design that is...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 AM

Photos: (5)
My key fell out of my pocket once and I was able to lock the doors from the outside. Tried to do it again on purpose and they wouldn't lock.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM

I think mostly this situation happen when the door lock sensor of driver side have any fault than the sensor don't work properly and you have issues with the door lock and blinking the lights etc.So try to fix the lock sensor.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 AM

Had a similar incident at a recent car show. Had the windows down so people could see inside the car but locked the doors to keep people out. Well some girl felt the need to unlock the door by reaching in and hitting the unlock button. She then opens the door and starts to sit in my car until the alarm starts going off. She quickly shut the door and walked off.

If the doors are locked using the key fob, you cannot hit unlock from the inside or start the vehicle until disabled by the fob.

Most likely what happened (has happened to me a few times) is that when you sat down, you accidently hit the lock button on the fob in your pocket.
2010 Challenger R/T SOLD: A5 Torred with Mopar Long Tube CAI, Jet Stat 180 Thermostat,Diablo Predator. Best 1/4 13:36

2012 Challenger SRT8: A5 Redline Pearl with Silver Stripes. Interior Appearance Group and Harmon Karden Audio Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.4L / 392ci (2011 - ?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.