Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Z06 vs 392 1/4-Mile

42K views 78 replies 30 participants last post by  A knight 
#1 ·
The 392 holds its own pretty well. The Z06 weighs about 1000 pounds less and has more power.

The Z06 driver hits the rev limiter at mid-track and the 392 re-gains a bit of ground, but still loses by about a car-length overall.

#49 ·
The C6Z will do 10's with drag radials. I have seen it a few times. It will take a driver lots of pratice to launch the Z for a 10 sec run. Its usually a 10.9X run a 126-128mph. My best is 11.3x...as I dont drive the car much.
I am a owner of a 06Z. Currently looking for a SRT-2 from a 09 to a 2011. Looing for the best deal on a loaded M6 Black crystal car.

#51 ·
I own both a Z06 and a 392. The dodge isn't even in the same league

#53 ·
Yeah, that's a C5 Z06. You can tell by the door handles and the shape of the side mirror. As a former 3x Corvette owner who now owns a Challenger, I love both Vettes and Challengers.

BUT a new Z06 would eat a 392 for lunch. Those things pull low-11s mid-120s in the quarter mile bone stock.

But, again the C5 Z06 was no slouch with 3,100 pounds and 385 (for 2001) or 405 (02-04) horsepower. So, it's nice to see that the 392's can run with them.

#54 ·
Well.....As far as the ZO6 is concerned and as far as this topic goes, I want to make one thing perfectly clear. From my stand point, I like Corvette's. But....the only thing that this car will do better than my Challenger is on a race track. And that's fine with me. If I really cared that much any more about absolute power then I would have a Viper. In saying that, the ZO6 and ZR1 are two of the top performer's that will shut down most of the foreign import high powered rides.

#56 ·
I am with you there. I traded a 2007 vette for my challenger because I needed 4 seats. I will have a viper for my next car or a Z06 (used viper or Z06) can't afford new. I am loving the American cars right now like back in the 70's when I grew up. we have cars today, mustang, camaro, challengers and vettes that are faster and better than their 60's/70's counterparts and can run with or beat most of the import exotics. go USA!!

#58 ·
I agree. Though I don't think the C5Z is too uncomfortable, but it is harder to get in and out of it. The seats in the C5Z are pretty weak compared to SRT8 seats.

#61 ·
sitting down into a Z06 for a fat boy like me is like layin out a magic carpet and having to sit without holding onto anything :) SRT8 Wins again!!!!

#66 ·
nice post. Ranger can drive a Vette!!! Hundreds of runs down the 1/4 miles is Z's and ZR1's.

#72 ·
I don't doubt it's red, but its the wrong color red. The red shown was a factory color for the base C5. I was originally thinking it may have been the overcast but am fairly confident that is not the case. The Torch Red is much more prominent than shown in the video even with overcast conditions.

#78 ·
He's the one dude on earth slower than me at typing...:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.