Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What color is your 2009 SRT8?

Color Poll

7K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  onebadss 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd help out judgeman6970 so that it is easier to see the results.

#5 ·
I just put the black ahead....Should have a sub-cat black w/o the decals. Sorry guys the stickers are a bit much for me, was so glad there was only one in my area with the delete and I got it, otherwise I would of had mine at the body shop getting the decals remaoved... JMHO.....

#10 ·
I'm not trying to start a fire, or a color war, but I'd like to explain why I chose Silver on mine.

To begin with, all 4 colors are awesome. :woot: But, to me.......

1) Black is a "full time job" just trying to keep the car looking nice. It's the ugliest color in the world when it's dirty. Also, the hood stripes "blend" too well with the color, which really doesn't make the stripes stand out. :SM127:

2) Red, just has "ticket" written all over it. Great color, but you "stand out" for miles. :SM127:

3) Orange? This is just me, keep in mind. I know that it is retro and all, but I can't even fathom ever owning an Orange car of any kind. It does look great on the Challenger though, but it's just not for me. :SM127:

4) Silver ended up as my 2nd choice. I originally wanted this car in White, but that meant going to the R/T, which I didn't want to do. White isn't available in the SRT8. :disappointed: Overall, I took my 1st choice on motor, but my 2nd choice on color. :) Besides, Silver is the most "conservative" color of the four, in my opinion. I'm an "Extreme Right Wing" kind of guy anyway. I like to get the job done in a hurry, but I don't want to "stand out" at the same time. :)

Not asking to agree or disagree, and I'm not looking for an attack. I don't know, but some of you guys may think that Silver is Gay, who knows!

My 2 cents. :bigthumb:

#30 ·
I'm not trying to start a fire, or a color war, but I'd like to explain why I chose Silver on mine.

To begin with, all 4 colors are awesome. :woot: But, to me.......

1) Black is a "full time job" just trying to keep the car looking nice. It's the ugliest color in the world when it's dirty. Also, the hood stripes "blend" too well with the color, which really doesn't make the stripes stand out. :SM127:

2) Red, just has "ticket" written all over it. Great color, but you "stand out" for miles. :SM127:

3) Orange? This is just me, keep in mind. I know that it is retro and all, but I can't even fathom ever owning an Orange car of any kind. It does look great on the Challenger though, but it's just not for me. :SM127:

4) Silver ended up as my 2nd choice. I originally wanted this car in White, but that meant going to the R/T, which I didn't want to do. White isn't available in the SRT8. :disappointed: Overall, I took my 1st choice on motor, but my 2nd choice on color. :) Besides, Silver is the most "conservative" color of the four, in my opinion. I'm an "Extreme Right Wing" kind of guy anyway. I like to get the job done in a hurry, but I don't want to "stand out" at the same time. :)

Not asking to agree or disagree, and I'm not looking for an attack. I don't know, but some of you guys may think that Silver is Gay, who knows!

My 2 cents. :bigthumb:
This is 100% why I went with silver. I've owned black, would have LOVED white, and I figure orange and red are cop-magnets. Blue wasn't available when I ordered mine. I've seen all colors but blue on the road now, and they are all gorgeous. No one picked wrong.:bigthumb:

#11 ·
LOL Black is alot of work, but it is a 3rd car and covered up during the week. I agree with the hood stripes thats why I'm glad I got the decal delete. I really wanted the red or silver or even that white on the 6cyl but that black just seemed to work on this car. I didnt mention I hate black cars,lol

#15 ·
I bought silver because I assumed alot of people wouldn't choose the color, I guess I was wrong lol.

#16 ·
Had the dealership had a silver 6 speed on the lot, I would have chosen it over Red. All four colors are sweet. Wish I could buy one of each.

#17 ·
One of the lemming Black owners i guess. I have owned 4 other black vehicles in my life and I enjoy detailing my rides. I am also shocked by the number of silver owners. I have to agree on orange, although it does look great on the Chally its not for me.

#21 ·
It won't give me the option to edit the poll. Maybe a Moderator can do this for me.

#31 ·
I agree about the red drawing attention but it forces me to drive legally when in view of others so I'm happy. Now after seeing the B5 SRT in person, had it been an option when I bought mine, I would have bought that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.