Electronic throttle control warning light - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.1L / 372ci (2008 - 2010)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electronic throttle control warning light

has anyone had problem with this dash light. started my car today and would not get out of park to put in gear. i cut engine off and tried again and and went into gear and drove it with dash light on. now i have engine light on.the manuel says to do this unless the light starts flashing. the car is not under warranty , to many mods, supercharged being the main one. any ideas thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 05:47 PM

got a predator?
check the engine codes and let us know which one shows up.
KW Stage 2, Hotchkis Sways, Front & rear Strut Bars, Catch Can, MBRP, Vortech V3, Hurst Shifter, Magnaflow Catted Mids, 8-Piston Brembos, OZ Wheels (front 10x20, rear 11x20) w 285/35 Toyo R888 all around, Pedders Bushings, Custom Oil Cooler, and much more...

see some of my "keep on rockin" Challenger videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lukecustoms

Old 07-25-2009, 07:36 PM

dash light issue

havenot really used it much . if i plug it in will a code come up, or do i have to do anything special. i dont want to ruin the tune techco installed on the prediator thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by dbw47 View Post
havenot really used it much . if i plug it in will a code come up, or do i have to do anything special. i dont want to ruin the tune techco installed on the prediator thanks
just plug the Predator in and put turn your ignition to run but do not start.
then go to Diagnosis and read/ show the trubble codes.

You cannot ruin the Techco installed tune. Just read exactly what the Predator is saying.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 AM

dash light problem

i hooked up prediator and code was UO103unknown. any idea what that might be or should i try and clear the code and see what happens, thanks for your help
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I had the red lightning bolt hit me 2 days ago while cruising at 80 mph. The code I got had something to do with high pressure on the ETC controller (vacuum leak.) I didn't write down the exact code. 3 days earlier, I got 2 codes: Bank1 and Bank2 running lean. I strongly suspect these were false codes.

I will follow this thread closely. I need to take it to the dealer now, as I am installing a SC next week. Once the SC goes on, everything will be blamed on it.

Based on the searches I have done, the issue could be a faulty ground wire (or negative battery terminal wire.) OR there could be a vacuum leak. I really don't know. But I also get the flickering lights. I'm leaning towards faulty ground.

"Walk SOFTLY and carry a BIG stick...."

Old 07-26-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by dbw47 View Post
i hooked up prediator and code was UO103unknown. any idea what that might be or should i try and clear the code and see what happens, thanks for your help
U0103 Lost Communication with electronic gearshift module.If you have the NAG Auto trans,it's usually a bad shifter assembly.The module is inside the shifter.I replace a lot of these on Chargers and 300's.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 PM

light issue

im going to clear the code and see what happens. can i buy this part from dodge and is it something i can install myself.do you take shifter plate off to acess it or is underneath the car. buy the way i used the cruise control yesterday for first time do you think that might have anything to do with it
Old 07-26-2009, 02:38 PM

The center console needs to come out(couple screws and some 10mm bolts)You can buy a shifter from the dealer parts counter.The module is inside the shifter assembly.Chrysler has a new policy that all cars in for service should have all the computers checked for flash updates, with approval from the owner.It's something I would do to keep all my on board computers up to date.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM

dash light problem

i cleared it with the prediator and everything seemed okay. although i was mistaken which light was on . it was one on the right straight across from the D for drive, it was a square with an 8 in the center of it, not the lightning bolt which is right above it. i looked in the owners manuel for that symbol but couldnot find it. i am going to try and take my car to hennessey this week and have it dynoed and tuned, they are only 20 minuets from where i live,maybe they can fix it. any idea what that symbol might be thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger SRT8 Specific > 6.1L / 372ci (2008 - 2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.