Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Moparpalooza and Mr. Ralph Gilles

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Immo 
#1 ·
Moparpalooza and Mr. Ralph Gilles

I want to start off by saying this was the best LX Mopar Car Show I have ever been to! Lots of LX’s in all kinds of styles and all kinds of mods! But to top off the day Mr. Ralph V. Gilles Senior VP Production Design and President & CEO SRT Brand & Motorsports was there! If you don’t know who he is? Well he gave birth to the LX platform! I have been in the presents of a lot of so called big shots! And Mr. Gilles I have to say is the most grounded, friendly, engaging and just a cool car guy! I watched him as he walked around the car show and was shocked as to how friendly he was. And not a fake friendly! He really took the time to speak to everyone that wanted to talk to him. He looked you right in the eyes listen and answered every question! He took every picture, signed everything place in front of him, You could see that he was really listening and taking in everything said to him by every person that spoke to him.
So now the info I got from him! No I didn’t bother asking him about the Magnum and if it was coming back lol. First thing I requested of him is to help provide any info on the productions numbers of the 08 Magnum SRT8 to which he said he would. He told me his favorite LX is the Magnum! That he will find out if my car is really the last steel blue. He was shocked at my spreadsheet on all 08 MSRT8’s. And he confirmed that car 240 was built and is in a Warehouse. Something cool he told me that he never saw a steel blue 08 MSRT8 and that the car was real rare. Can you believe I got all this out of him in 60 seconds lol! Oh and he signed my car in two locations!
As I get any new info I will update!

Dashboard

Under the hood

And he was true to his word and I got the letter today!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats Clausde! Steel Blue I think is the base color for Superman's suite.

It is remarkable that on a one on one bases Dodge/SRT can supply this type of info but cannot on model year breakdown for everyone.

On a slightly different note, where was the LX Moparpaloza held that you attended???

#6 ·
Thanks a lot guys! The Car Show is hosted by a guy named Paul he has been in the LX crowd from the start. He started with a 300 SRT8 and is known for the 06 & 07 in motion nav hack, has a Mygig info web site and owns a Jeep now. The car show is yearly at a Dodge dealer on Maryland!

IMO I believe that when the Viper was gone for that very short time period Chrysler place the focus they had directed on the Viper crowd onto the SRT brand! This placed people like Mr. Gilles at SRT gatherings! I agree that it really takes a very short time for Chrysler to get the info if they want it during production? But at the same time doing it after the fact is the problem for them IMO. While looking at the VIN, it’s easy to tell 2.7 from 3.5/3.6 from 5.7 to 6.1/6.4, the problem is how do you break down from the VIN on the 6.1 for example between regular SRT8 verses the Super bee? I have not been able to! So that’s the problem for us and Chrysler, IMO someone has to go though the build sheets or VIP reports and take out the info.

So on a Magnum since there is no super bee or other car other than the “regular” SRT8 it’s very easy. Shoot I have all the 08 MSRT8 build sheets and I have yet to break it down to options like I, II, III, sunroof, NAV and etc. Either way I feel it’s important to keep the pressure on Chrysler and do your own research! There are guys on the forums that can get the info but don’t have the time or have a reason to go thru it to get the info out to everyone. But more importantly the VIP report has owner personal info so anyone that can get it would only give it out to a trusted person or they would get in trouble. If someone had my personal info I know I would be pissed!

Shoot I have every 08 Magnum VIN 16,000 plus! I can tell you 2.7, 3.5, 5.7 and 6.1 numbers but I have no idea what the 5.7 sequence is, Red Badge R/T verses silver verses AWD. I don’t have build sheets on them.

I hope I provided some insight lol! And here is a picture of my car.

#7 ·
Hey Claude -

We were at Moparpalooza #5 at Fair Oaks Chantilly Chrysler Jeep Ram this year as well - nice ride by the way! Ralph was a real trooper during the show and everyone was bending his ear the whole time. When it was our turn, I thanked him for showing up, shook his hand and asked to sign our hood as well - lol.

Here's pics from this year event for all to enjoy (your car was slightly past half way mark on the slider bar): 200 pics!! Moparpalooza 5 -- May 20, 2012 - JeepGarage.Org - We Are Jeep!

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.