Dodge Challenger Forum banner

P0158 02 Circuit High Voltage

10K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  garza0168 
#1 ·
Ok quick question. I did this exact thing. I just recently removed both cats on my 2008 SRT8 Challenger, followed by two JBA Long tube headers with straight pipe with O2 bungs welded in, followed with 93 oct cai tune from the diablo tuner, also within this tune i went in to the paramiters and turned of the rear O2's. does this compleatly shut off the rear O2's so that they dont throw a code? question #2 I took off the passenger side O2 sensor and took it to a local electronics shop. I asked them to extend the wire coming from the O2 sensor because when I installed the long tubes the factory harness was not long enough. I also asked to use the same type of wire and to solder the splice. The job was a good one and a bit pricey at that. The driver side O2 sensor remains in factory condition never cut or extended. I have no CODE for the driver side but I do have one for the passenger O2 (the spliced one) P0158 02 circuit high voltage sensor 2 bank 2. Could this be the culprit?

#5 ·
Either 02 sensor or wiring -
Possible Solutions

P0158 02 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

It's always a good idea to observe the condition of the exhaust components. Inspect for holes, wiring harness making contact with exhaust, etc. Start the engine and observe the Bank 2 Sensor 2 o2 sensor voltage. On rear o2 sensors you may need to raise the idle up until the o2 sensor starts switching if the sensor is sluggish. If raising the idle causes the sensor's voltage to drop, then replace the sensor due to sluggishness. If, after starting the engine and warming to operating temperature, the 2,2 oxygen sensor is observed to be stuck high, or close to 1 volt and the voltage doesn't drop or vary, then turn the engine off.

With KOEO (key on engine off) unplug the 2,2 o2 sensor and check for a good ground on both the heater element and the sensor. Also check that the heater element is being supplied good battery voltage. No heater operation can cause a sluggish sensor, but will usually have codes associated with it. If the grounds are good and the battery voltage is present, then jumper the sensor's signal wire to the sensor's ground wire. Now the scan tool should read low or near zero volts. If it does, the wiring is good. Replace the bank 2/2 o2 sensor. If jumping the signal wire to the ground doesn't lower the voltage, then check the o2 sensor wiring harness. Make sure there is no contact with hot exhaust components. Ensure good wiring harness connections.

#6 ·
I was at a training class for Bosch O2 sensors and the instructor said NEVER cut and solder wires on an o2 sensor because the wires are special. he said the O2 sensor requires a reference source of oxygen and the way they supply it is by using special wire which allows for air to travel within it down to the sensor so if you cut and splice the wires, you cut off the reference air ans you'll throw a code.

Now i dont know if what he said is true. It sounded ludicrous to me but he was the bosch technician teaching the class so I gotta believe him. Whether or not thats your problem, I cant say. you may want to make sure the wires are soldered right and if they are, maybe buy the correct extension cable and a new o2 sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.