Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Active exhaust and new mufflers?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hosspwr13 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked, I'm thinking of swapping just the stock mufflers for two loudmouth mufflers. I want to know If this is going to affect the active exhaust valves? To me it don't make any sense to spend over $1000 just for sound with perfectly good exhaust pipes already in place...IMO! I'm actually happy with the stock sound.
I also love the Aero Turbine mufflers 3030 however I read mixed reviews with some power loss even though it's a straight thru design. I've got Aero on my Ram.

#2 ·
Swapping mufflers will not affect the AEV's. If you are happy with the sound, then don't bother doing anything. But, if you want to try experimenting, you could install AEV simulators to keep the valves open all the time, not just at partial/WOT. I did, and also moved the valves to the trunk for a cleaner look. Then out of curiosity I decided to do a muffler delete and just keep the resonators. Sounds great, happy with these minor mods.

#3 ·
Swapping mufflers will not affect the AEV's. If you are happy with the sound, then don't bother doing anything. But, if you want to try experimenting, you could install AEV simulators to keep the valves open all the time, not just at partial/WOT. I did, and also moved the valves to the trunk for a cleaner look. Then out of curiosity I decided to do a muffler delete and just keep the resonators. Sounds great, happy with these minor mods.
where does one find such similators?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.