Best r/t cat back exhaust? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Bolt On's Anything related to the quick Bolt-On mods. From Intakes to Exhausts. This includes Cams and Heads.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best r/t cat back exhaust?

Hey guys, I've been researching all the exhausts the challenger has to offer and was looking for something in the $900-$1,100 range, I've heard Zoomers is pretty good but after hearing the borla ATAK I was sold. But before I try to make a move I want to hear some opinions on some R/T challenger exhausts.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 08:20 AM

Photos: (5)
I'm really enjoying the Solo Mach X on my R/T 6 speed. The cost was $895 shipped and the install was clean and simple! However, the clamps that are sent with the pipes are a bit odd. Several people, including me, have had "rattles" at the connection clamps. I welded mine in place, fixed it, and another guy used the more sturdy clamps from the original exhaust. Both ways fixed the rattle... The sound is great! Check it out!
MODS: 30% and 20%tint, BT-nose button, BT-door sills, BT-catch can, K&N CAI, SOLO Mach X, , front license plate bracket tie wrapped lower mod, DRL's Activated, Skip-Shift eliminator, Passport 8500 Blue Light Radar detector w/blend mount wired through powered mirror, Hood props, WebElectric Flashers, 180 degree tstat, Solo MachX cat-backs, Diablo Trinity, Barton shifter
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Hellyeah, thanks for replying, I didn't think I would get a response. But yeah I did look them up and it's definitely what I'm looking for. Did you get the exhaust where it had either the rectangle or quad tips or did you have to weld your tips back on?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (58)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Solo tips are interchangable (Quad round or Quad square), or an adapter to run the stock tips. No welding required for any of the system. Sound quality is one of the best available at any cost.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness." Some of us may have crossed the line.

Mods:
Functional hood scoop, DRL's enabled, Charger intake tube, Solo Mach X cat-back exhaust, Diablo InTune, SX catch can, Sequential taillights, Pistol Grip shifter, Custom smoothed intake manifold, Custom built covers for coolant tank, fuse box, valve covers, and ABS.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM

I have a Flowmaster American Thunder system on mine and I absolutely love it. It seems to have the perfect back pressure the Hemi needs to breathe just perfectly. Not to mention that signature flowmaster rumble is a nice bonus. Also, there is almost no drone at all, only while accelerating. Got my set on eBay brand new for 500.00 and they fit like a dream making installation quick and painless.

2010 Challenger R/T
K&N CAI
Flowmaster Exhaust
JBA Headers
Diablo Trinity Performance Tuner
K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit
Old 02-20-2012, 05:02 PM

I have the corsa xtreme on mine. Perfect fit when installed. However if I had it to do over I would probably go with the Flowmaster Super 44s. I have a friend that has them on his R/T Classic. Very good sound for alot less money
Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM

Photos: (5)
Originally Posted by Jkowalik8 View Post
I have a Flowmaster American Thunder system on mine and I absolutely love it. It seems to have the perfect back pressure the Hemi needs to breathe just perfectly. Not to mention that signature flowmaster rumble is a nice bonus. Also, there is almost no drone at all, only while accelerating. Got my set on eBay brand new for 500.00 and they fit like a dream making installation quick and painless.
"almost no drone at all, ONLY while accelerating"? LOL
Zoomers all the way. No drone and great muscle car sound.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jigo23 View Post
"almost no drone at all, ONLY while accelerating"? LOL
Zoomers all the way. No drone and great muscle car sound.
I'd love to see a performance system with NO drone at all. It's just not possible. Personally, I enjoy hearing my exhaust.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

We live in a new world where Chrysler engineers really do their work thoroughly,exactly, and the aftermarket cannot cost effectively improve major systems.

Case in point:

-most CAI's are a real waste of money for a couple of HP AFTER the computer adjusts. Most big HP dyno ratings are one or two runs BEFORE the computer adjusts.

-ditto for exhaust. SRT engineers have stated that stock exhaust for 6 speeds are basically straight through. Aftermarket exhausts mostly feature irritating drone, minimal HP gains after the computer adjusts, and impressive wallet emptying prowness.

-likely supercharging/turbocharging will stress internals beyond design strength. One must remember that these HEMI's are not over engineered rendering stresses beyond design limits when compressing the fuel charge.

Unlimited dollars can solve anything, and sometimes not.

Relax. Enjoy.

I come to these inglorious conclusions after spending hours and hours reading all these websites and the experiences recorded there over the past 4 years.

Now, handling and braking are completely different matters......

TRR
Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Zoomers for me... You can see my before/after comparison video below:

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Hemi Orange Pearl / 28M (5 speed auto) / Super Track Pack / Electronics Convenience Group / Sound Group II / HID headlights

Mods: Zoomers Exhaust, Mopar CAI, Strut Tower, Engine Cover, Quad Tips, Hood Struts, Sill Plates, Pedal Covers, Center Caps, Billet Tech Catch Can, Strut Covers, Fuse Box Cover, Underhood Kit, Nose Badge

My "Orange Peeler" CarDomain site
The Following User Says Thank You to Piranha For This Useful Post:
RYGLaunch (02-01-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.