Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Corsa Xtreme installed .. still finding facts

18K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  Trainmaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Corsa Xtreme installed .. Updated, Plz Help !!

Hi all

So the Corsa Xtreme was installed this morning on my 2012 RT challenger Auto tran and here are some feedbacks. Also I have a couple of Exhaust questions !!

When I got the package and opened it up, it was obvious that I have put the money in a really good quality product regardless of the sound it makes. The exhaust was bolted on and Im on the road, I will admit that I found it quieter than what I have expected; yes even on WOT. After a couple of trips, MAN its blessing my ears !!!! The upshift (the sound it makes at the point were it shifts) is exactly what I wanted to hear. This thing should have been on from the factory. BUT, its still not that loud, needs like 20% louder to be perfect. I believe this system is not old school at all, it gives u the sense of being in a Porsche Panamera S and I support this exhaust for people who wants to have fun, but like the quite side at the same time.

Questions:

1- will the sound change when it breaks in? (louder change, or sound change)
2- I observed water (liquid) leak (water dripping) under the place where the pipes join, Exactly the second join from the tail. Is that an issue or is it only water vapor?
3- if its not an issue, then am i getting the maximum power and sound out of the exhaust system if there were leaks in the joins?

Thanks all

#UPDATE:

Hey Guys

After 20 days of having the Corsa Xtreme on my 12 RT .. I started doubting that i got Corsa Sport instead of the Xteme. Im Actually sure i ordered the Xtreme as the bill stated the #14529, though same part number but the sound isn't that loud at all .. ok its like mixture of feelings, i see some videos of the same setup and it sounded louder that what I have

how can you differentiate between Corsa Sport and Corsa Xtreme?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi all

So the Corsa Xtreme was installed this morning on my 2012 RT challenger Auto tran and here are some feedbacks. Also I have a couple of Exhaust questions !!

When I got the package and opened it up, it was obvious that I have put the money in a really good quality product regardless of the sound it makes. The exhaust was bolted on and Im on the road, I will admit that I found it quieter than what I have expected; yes even on WOT. After a couple of trips, MAN its blessing my ears !!!! The upshift (the sound it makes at the point were it shifts) is exactly what I wanted to hear. This thing should have been on from the factory. BUT, its still not that loud, needs like 20% louder to be perfect. I believe this system is not old school at all, it gives u the sense of being in a Porsche Panamera S and I support this exhaust for people who wants to have fun, but like the quite side at the same time.

Questions:

1- will the sound change when it breaks in? (louder change, or sound change)
2- I observed water (liquid) leak (water dripping) under the place where the pipes join, Exactly the second join from the tail. Is that an issue or is it only water vapor?
3- if its not an issue, then am i getting the maximum power and sound out of the exhaust system if there were leaks in the joins?

Thanks all
I have the corsa sport and yes the sound will change a little as they burn/break in. I can tell a difference in the tone with which tune I'm running. A more aggressive tune will be louder ex. Tinity 93 octane or B&G.
You want the water to leak out. Maybe not at the joints but the mufflers and resonators should have been installed with the pin holes down and towrds the back. These are condensation drain holes and will prevent rust internally.

#3 ·
I found that the exhaust sound got a little bit raspier over time. Not a huge difference though.

Secondly, you should see a little water dripping from the exhaust on occassion because a cold exhaust will cause condensation and needs to escape. However the middle mufflers should have drain holes in them, and any drips other than at the tips should only come from the drain holes.

If you have water dripping at the clamped joints, then I would believe that you don't have the joints fully pushed together and condensation is dripping through the slots cut into one side of each joint. I had this situation but rather than a drip I had a noticable exhaust "tick" that I could hear in the cabin. Pushing the joint together stopped the tick.

#4 ·
I couldn't stand it any more, so I just ordered my own corsa extreme. From everything I've read and the videos I've seen this has got to be the exhaust for me. I don't want it extremely loud, just a good performance tone. I went online and searched for the lowest price I could find and got a new one with free two day shipping for under $1200. Since this vendor isn't a sponsor, I can't say where I purchased it from, but hopefully the transaction goes smoothly.

#5 ·
I have the extreme as well on my '12 SRT8 AUTO and I was like you at first very good quality . After I did the install and started it up I thought what did i buy lol. So after about 200 miles on the exhaust it's starting to break in and I'm glad I went with Corsa. I drive in AutoStick all the time and its starting to rumble/crackel when I down shift and this is on few 100 miles on it. So just give it some time

#6 ·
Thanks all for ur response .. Ill give it about 500 miles as there is no "exhaust" leak then tighten up the bolts again as they loose up after expanding from heat

I made the right decision with Corsa I will say again for those who are into getting a Corsa, it will sound like a Stock C63 AMG or Porsche Panamera S with a stock performance exhaust system. That's in cabin sound .. Still didnt video how it sounds from the outside

Love it so far

Reactions: Dr. Gonzo
#7 · (Edited)
Bought my Corsa Extremes in Feb and had installed about 2 weeks ago on a 10 R/T 6spd. Got a killer price from Maryland Speed and cannot believe I waited this long to do this mod. Everytime I drive it, I smile at the sounds especially during downshifts. I highly recommend this exhaust to anyone that's on the bubble about whether to buy or not. It's definately worth the price. :banger:

#8 ·
My Extreme gets installed today! Can't WAIT!!!!:banger:

#9 ·
Hey Guys

After 20 days of having the Corsa Xtreme on my 12 RT .. I started doubting that i got Corsa Sport instead of the Xteme. Im Actually sure i ordered the Xtreme as the bill stated the #14529, though same part number but the sound isn't that loud at all .. ok its like mixture of feelings, i see some videos of the same setup and it sounded louder that what I have

how can you differentiate between Corsa Sport and Corsa Xtreme?

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

#10 ·
The muffler and/or resonator PNs are different. Email Corsa for details.

#11 ·
I wish my corsa xtreme was louder also, kinda tame. My buddie has the pypes violator on his 2010 auto and I like it better, half the money also.

#12 ·
Nothing Corsa makes...even the Xtreme is very loud. One of the most common complaints we hear. The issues is...it is really difficult to design an exhaust that is both hair on the chest aggressive, and also does not have any trash or drone. It is normally one or the other. The Borla Atak is actually the closest I found to being aggressive with no drone.

#13 ·
I'd add Zoomers to that list. Very aggressive, yet without drone. Although It's a much more American muscle sound vs European sports car sound that the OP seems to prefer. Borla kinda split the difference a bit.

#14 · (Edited)
Some people need to ride their exhaust I guess...just because you don't hear the Corsa in the car doesn't mean it is not loud. Now at low RPMs it is fairly quiet - I prefer the word refined - but I still haven't heard a louder catback at WOT than Corsa, and I've heard a lot of them. Corsa just shoots the sound out the back of the car so that's where you need to be to hear it.

#16 · (Edited)
Here is the deal with that, once you get the cat-back on the music will be at the rear of the car. The radio goes OFF so you can enjoy that burble...:D

Reactions: ghostrt
#17 ·
bORLA ATAK IS THE BEST iV HEARD YET .... i HAVE MBRP and love it ... the only thing iv heard thats better is Borla atak

#32 ·
Ghost rt...all ask you the same question....

Borla's, in the past, have been nororiously bad when it comes to drone......Has something changed?

I CANNOT handle drone.....is the reason I ask..I drive mine ALOT....36,000 miles in 1.5 year....

#19 ·
I got corsa extreme installed on friday. my issue/question is the right exhaust sticks out about 1inch further than the left. The guy said its on all the way and he couldnt get it to fit any different. the left is perfect. He seemed to not know how to fix it. I've read other places you just heat up the hanging rod on the back bend it so that the exhaust moves in the required 1 inch. does that sound about right?

just to get a second opinion I took it by another muffler shop and asked if he could tweak it and he said he would send it back and tell them to fix it if he where me? that seems a bit stupid if I must say - send it back to fix a 1inch tweaking - dosent sound right to me.

#21 ·
I got corsa extreme installed on friday. my issue/question is the right exhaust sticks out about 1inch further than the left. The guy said its on all the way and he couldnt get it to fit any different. the left is perfect. He seemed to not know how to fix it. I've read other places you just heat up the hanging rod on the back bend it so that the exhaust moves in the required 1 inch. does that sound about right?

just to get a second opinion I took it by another muffler shop and asked if he could tweak it and he said he would send it back and tell them to fix it if he where me? that seems a bit stupid if I must say - send it back to fix a 1inch tweaking - dosent sound right to me.
I had to loosen up the joints and push the side that was sticking out in a little (just past the cats is where it moved the most) and tightend it all back up and they are spot on.

#20 ·
1" is a lot. I just installed mine a week ago and they were even (can read Corsa on the stop of the tips, with the top of the lettering about 1/16" from the bumper cover). Which side is sticking out? Pictures?

#22 ·
The Xtreme is fully adjustable for both depth and tilt in several places. There is no need to bend exhaust hangers. Your installer is pretty clueless if he can't figure it out - it's obvious once you get under the car and start loosening clamps and seeing how moving various pipes affects the depth and tilt of the tips.

#27 ·
Corsa Sport & MDS

How is the Corsa with MDS? I had a 97 Firebird V8 with flowmasters...would make you deaf on the highway.
To be honest, the corsa sport sounds about like the stock exhaust when MDS is avtive (no load).
WOT it is louder than stock but the sport is pretty tame compared to most, that is what I like about it.

#26 ·
I installed the Corsa Extreme on my Challenger, and I love it. Perfect for suburban living but still tearing hell on the highway. A couple of things to note though; the Challenger is very well insulated so windows up gives you no real bearing on how loud it really is. A friend of mine did a couple passes in it for me. Just cruising it has a nice tone nut when he really went at it, it sounded AMAZING!!!!! You can't trust the sound from the inside even with the windows down, have a veey good friend of family member drive it while you're not in it and just enjoy the sound that the Corsa exhaust makes. End rant :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
Skip to 2:00
Corsa Xtreme unleashed from 20mph roll.

Super quiet while cruising.

#30 · (Edited)
I have had the Xtreme for about 15,000 mile now and love it, most of the time. Cruising around 72-78 mph on the interstate it drones a bit, which is pretty annoying because that is the speed I do most my daily driving. When MDS is on I can tell a little difference in the drone, but it also does it with MDS off. Has anyone else experienced this? Hoping there is a fix for it.

I should add:
2013 R/T - Auto
JBA headers
91 tune

#33 ·
Hey daly double,, I have a 2015 RT plus 8A at 1500 miles I put on. Corsa sport
For me it's just fine light to light sounds great to me ,, NO drone on the high way
I did not want anything really loud ,hell sublime RT draws enough attention ..lol. funny after about 1000 miles it got just a bite louder
It's all personal taste , of sound ,Also I got mind from auto anything free shipping price guarantee ,my price was really good got it in 6 days , and I love the tips that come on them ,, hope it helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.