Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Long tubes are on

4K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Provoc8r 
#1 ·
Stainless Works 1 7/8 long tubes with catless mids are on my RT, feels like I lost some low end, hope a good tune fixes that. Sounds pretty good! Haven't gone WOT yet, I'll probably wait until after the tune. Surprisingly it hasn't thrown any codes yet!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
It will throw a code, should have already done it. But if not count yourself lucky. You do need to get tuned as you should be running lean. I think you will find that it will be more torqued once you get tuned up. That's the experience I had with them. They are a high quality header (they are pricey, huh) but after about 4 yrs. with a set not the first sign of rust or anything. (knocking on wood here)!

#6 ·
Running catless you're going to always have those interior fumes when driving around. Only downside.

#10 ·
Did you do the install yourself? If so any tips or suggestions? I'm going to install mine tomorrow if everything goes as planned. Only thing that sucks is Johan has family in so he can't get start my tune for a few days. I'm really hoping this isn't a waste of time and money. All I can hope for is that after the tune it runs stronger than before the install instead of worse.

#16 ·
Got my headers and mid pipes installed and what a PITA. But I must say that I'm extremely happy with the outcome, except my hands and wrist hurt pretty bad. I did notice that one of the motor mount studs on passenger side is about an 1/8 of an inch from touching the headers. When I check the torque next week I will probably cut some of the stud off. I should be getting my tune from Johan tomorrow!!!

#21 ·
My kooks headers came with some spacers but even those didn't work so I broke out the old Dremel and modified mine lol

#23 ·
Mine came with a spacer as well but of course it didn't work. How exactly did you modify it?

#26 ·
I made the slot on the tube longer and a bit wider so the tube could be pushed down into the block further. I wish I had pics it would really give you a better idea lol

#28 ·
Cool yea my headers wouldn't even seat completely until I trimmed down those studs . It's all about just a little bit of back yard engineering but if you have the right tools you can make it look clean lol.

#29 ·
Yes sir.. I had to go at it with a couple different little hacksaws but I got it done and it looks clean. Wish I did it before I bolted the headers down and I would have a few less scratches on the headers. When it came to the dipstick I had the studded bolt in the wrong hole which is why it wasn't lining up. Swapped them around broke out the dremel like you did so it would fully seat and I believe I'm good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.