MBRP/Solo/Zoomers Questions - RT Specific - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Bolt On's Anything related to the quick Bolt-On mods. From Intakes to Exhausts. This includes Cams and Heads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
MBRP/Solo/Zoomers Questions - RT Specific

I've been reading threads on cat-back exhaust to the point of ad nauseam. I do have a couple of questions in regards to MBRP (S7104*) vs Solo (with j pipe) vs Speedlogix Zoomers. Car in question is a 2012 RT plus, 6 speed manual w/STP. Mods include an Airaid CAI, Charger clean air intake tube and Diablo Trinity 93 OCT canned tune.

1) My understanding is Zoomers are loudest; which exhuast system is quietest, especially in the cabin
2) My understanding is Zoomers are the deepest sounding, followed closely by MBRP. How do the Solo's compare as far as depth of sound.
3) I understand all systems 'can' drone to a degree. Is it a fair assumption to say drone will be comparable with all the systems listed above on my car since it's a 6 speed manual? Will my mods have an effect in this regard?

Thanks. I would like a more sound, depth and performance, but still enjoyable for a weekend trip. I'm really leaning towards the MBRP S7104304, but would like to know more how these systems compare as far as depth, volume, drone...

Thanks!

Mods: Diablo Trinity tuner, Airaid CAI, Charger clean air intake tube, skip-shift eliminator, Moroso catch can, MBRP S7104304

Last edited by phillm47; 12-05-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Hey i
had the flowmaster American Thunder and switched to the zoomers in my 12 rt Classic 6 speed.

with the flowmaster i had drone but it was okay on the 6 speed my brother has it now on his 300c and the drone ist very Bad.

the zoomers are almost drone free for me.
And yes when you Start the car it is loud but very deep Sound kind of Sound that you like and Not hate.
When you are on the highway it is quite i can hear music and Talk it get loud when you get on it.

here in germany porsche Drive BMW Mercedes. ... Drive on the highway behind of me to listen to the zoomers i get thumup everytime.

i hope i could help u a little bit

Kanae

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to kanae For This Useful Post:
Go Goody (12-05-2012)
#3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I keep posting this, but it's been very helpful to me when choosing an exhaust.

Zoomers vs Solo Performance Mach X-3 vs Corsa Extreme

MBRP is not on the link, but they are akin to Zoomers. Deep throaty muscle car sound. Zoomers is louder, and more commanding. May be a bit much for some. Was loud to me, but now me and my family are used to it. There's zero drone on my exhaust, MBRP is also drone free if you get the cool duals, tuning tubes. Ordered mine from Zoomers directly. Jegs is another great place to get them cheap with free shipping.

I like Solo a lot too, but in the end it was not aggressive enough for me. Too raspy too. YMMV.

Good luck

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic STP, sunroof, tint, 430 rbz, 3.92 gears, 6 speed.
MODS:
Zoomers catback exhaust
AFE Stage II cold air intake
Barton short throw shifter
Fastman ported throttle body
Diablo CMR tune by Johan
Mopar hood struts
Mopar strut tower brace
Spohn sway bar end links
Speedlogix rear adjustable control arms
Speedlogix tension bars
Jet 180* t-stat
SRT8 6.1 chin spoiler
Billet Technology catch can
#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM

(Thread Starter)
Any input as to the volume difference between the these three? Is one more quiet than the others?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had both Zoomers and MBRP on my '09 R/T a few years ago and after time, the MBRP was VERY loud inside and the drone was much worse than the Zoomers. I was surprised that the Zoomers sounded as good as it did inside and out and that would be my suggestion to you of those two. I have no information on Solo.

Lisa. | Owner | Speedlogix
2015 Challenger Hellcat (Red) - ordered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack (Sublime)

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - gone
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - gone
2011 Challenger SRT - gone
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - gone
2009 Challenger R/T - gone
2006 300 SRT - gone

The Following User Says Thank You to Speedlogix For This Useful Post:
phillm47 (12-07-2012)
#6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillm47 View Post
Any input as to the volume difference between the these three? Is one more quiet than the others?

Zoomers is the loudest, Solo would be the quietest.
The Following User Says Thank You to OmahaRumble For This Useful Post:
phillm47 (12-09-2012)
#7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 AM

Does MBRP lead on a performance perspective?
#8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 AM

R/T 6spd. Solo Mach X, love it!!

2010 R/T Classic, 6 speed manual
MODS: 30% and 20%tint, BT-nose button, BT-door sills, BT-catch can, K&N CAI, SOLO Mach X, , front license plate bracket tie wrapped lower mod, DRL's Activated, Skip-Shift eliminator, Passport 8500 Blue Light Radar detector w/blend mount wired through powered mirror, Hood props, WebElectric Flashers, 180 degree tstat, Solo MachX cat-backs, Diablo Trinity, Barton shifter
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
#9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Running the Solo system on my 2011 R/T with auto trans. Interior sound level at highway speeds is slightly louder than the stock system when you are NOT using the MDS mode. When the MDS kicks in, it is a little louder inside.

For the 6 speed users I can only guess the interior volume would be slightly louder than the stock system when cruzing on the highway. WOT is altogether different with the Solo system which would apply to the MBRP & Zoomers systems as well.

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness." Some of us may have crossed the line.

Mods:
Functional hood scoop, DRL's enabled, Charger intake tube, Solo Mach X cat-back exhaust, Diablo InTune, SX catch can, Sequential taillights, Pistol Grip shifter, Custom smoothed intake manifold, Custom built covers for coolant tank, fuse box, valve covers, and ABS.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM

MBRP ftw

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T A5

SRT8 Brembos, JBA shorties, JBA catless mids, 3" MBRP catback, k&n drop-in filter (with the stock box), 3200 FTI TC, MTCM, canned DS 91oct tune, and 275/40/17 MT ET's

1/4 mile PB 12.390@108.78

Last edited by chris1992; 12-10-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode