Performance mods / voided warranty ??? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Bolt On's Anything related to the quick Bolt-On mods. From Intakes to Exhausts. This includes Cams and Heads.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rmfootball69
Definitely is not. It was on the original croms for the predator then the feature was removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (10)
Originally Posted by mattyj724 View Post
Doesnt the Magnuson moss act state the dealer/ car company have to prove that the aftermarket part did the damage?
That Is why I mentioned that legally you may be correct that they have to "prove" it. But if they refuse to to the warranty work your only recourse is though the legal system.

When they refused to do warranty repair on my car my option would have been to take them to court. That or make them do it at gunpoint. There really isn't other options when the dealership disagrees with you on the interpretation of the Magnusson moss act.
Airaid Air intake
Diablo tuner
Mopar splash guards
Lloyd's custom floor mats
Diode dynamics interior pieces
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM

Thanks everyone ... This has been very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Originally Posted by Markinva View Post
When they refused to do warranty repair on my car my option would have been to take them to court.
You are barred from just running off to court. You MUST first submit the matter to arbitration. Only after arbitration does the court process become available to you, and then only if the arbitration was non-binding (trial de novo). Any attempt to file a lawsuit before arbitration will result in the lawsuit being dismissed as premature and the loss of your filing fees and expenses for preparing the lawsuit.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 PM

I've always been told by the dealers that if a repair is needed they will warranty it as long as a modification isn't the cause for the specific problem. they wont fix an exhaust leak on it if the exhaust is aftermarket. but if you have aftermarket exhaust and the car is, say, overheating that would fall within the warranty. as long as the mod is not related to the problem you are ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to lsdman2k1 For This Useful Post:
rmfootball69 (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM

Re: Performance mods / voided warranty ???

I went to the dealer who is mod friendly. He told me the same thing. But for example if you blow out your rear and he finds out you have a lot of burnt rubber under the wheel wells than that could be a different.
He used that example because I approached him about changing (upgrading) my rear. He encouraged me to proceed with it and said that these cars are built for racing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Bolt On's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.