Dodge Challenger Forum banner

15 Scat Pack Blown Forged and Cammed. Done for now

10K views 54 replies 14 participants last post by  FreddyG 
#1 ·
I know some may have been interested in this ProCharger D1 build. Well stage 1.5 is finally complete. It was a long and winding road. The motor was completely rebuilt to exacting tolerances, and now it's back in my loving hands.

To get things started the final numbers with tuned meth injection is 705/668.

I will be sharing more, because that's what I enjoy, some of you know this.

This is a video after a 60 mile drive home from the builder Alex Vincent Peitz in Cypress Texas on Friday The 13th, luckily I did not see a single black cat on the way home. Gas mileage was excellent at 20 average with quite a few sops and goes. God bless Mopar.

https://youtu.be/1I_5QRqqxBk

#3 ·
I mentioned that in the OP...

#5 ·
#8 ·
That's one bad ass PROCHARGED Challenger! Glad to see you're getting there, trust me I know the time and money it takes to do a full forged/blown build. :grin2:

#14 ·
Just a couple of teaser pics.

Attachments

Reactions: A Guy
#15 ·
Those are cool pics! :thumbsup:

A Guy

#16 ·
Finally got the tags. Took her out on the street with Nitto 555 G2, and it was a fail. No traction at all, in any gear under 5. The boost was higher than I expected, some flashes of 13. It's for the strip only on DRz I fear, with these tires anyways... If you are on FB look for Bob M Opar to see this video and some other stuff. I hate to say it, more power than I really wanted... May be time for a pulley change, up in size. lol

Attachments

Reactions: orrwhat
#18 ·
#19 ·
Awesome :thumbsup:

A Guy

Reactions: Tetralin
#20 ·
#25 ·
M/T ET Street 305/35/20 DRz

#22 ·
#26 ·
Yes we saw some things in the video too. 1st off the stock 8HP70 and TCM are confused. Plus the trans had 100+ passes stock, so there is some wear, and likely any issues are now multiplied. We are looking at our options, one of them being the Paramount 8HP70. TCM tuning will be attempted to see if it can help somehow.

#28 ·
Update: For those Mopar guys who have interest in this sort of destruction upon a stock Scat Pack...

Paramount trans and 3400 stall on order. The trans is shot under the force of 700whp. Still driving it and enjoying it, just not truely trackable, yet. The Paramount HP70 should handle 1000whp which opens up the option of a 150 shot. Have done some other work. Shorter BWoody end links to accommodate 17x9.5 Race Stars on the back. Also went with 17x7 for the front with 215 60 17 to keep the look. Also ditched the bypass valve that came with the ProCharger kit for a Tial blowoff mounted in the engine compartment instead of in the wheel well behind the wheel shroud. The sound is completely awesome in comparison! Will be at the strip 1st week in April if luck holds out. Hoping for solid, maybe lower 10.5. Stay tuned my friends here on CT!

https://youtu.be/8Np9DBMcTvY

Reactions: y2krtaf and orrwhat
#30 ·
Are you on FB? Look for me "Bob M Opar" freind me I can share lots of details on that, including video...

#32 ·
#34 ·
What part of Houston are you in? I had Alex tune my Challenger as well. :)

#36 ·
#38 ·
If you're talking about the Big Red Valve, I don't know if it's better, but it's a lot less expensive.

#39 · (Edited)
Are you comparing the standard Procharger valve or the race valve to the
Tial ? and is your comparison on price alone or function?
Im just starting a build similar to yours and need this info . D1, Hellcat short block , Ray Barton custom grind . Im plan on using the Procharger race valve . should I use the Tial BOV ?

#40 ·
I'm comparing the stock ProCharger bypass valve to the Tial blowoff valve.

#42 ·
Just a little more Tial blow off sound.

Reactions: y2krtaf
#43 ·
Bear with me, we got this new Paramount HP70 and 3400 stall in. Should have her back in days.

Attachments

#44 ·
Umm, the title of the thread is "Done for now", lol >:)

A Guy

#46 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.