Edlebrock SC: Why not so popular? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Forced Induction

Forced Induction From Blowers to Turbos

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Premium Member

Photos: (4)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edlebrock SC: Why not so popular?

Out of 32 votes so far in my Supercharger poll, Edlebrock has only gotten one vote. I am very curious if anyone knows why this would be?

Sorry for all the questions guys, but I came from the Viper world and don't know much about vendors that make things for the Challenger but I am learning thanks to the many fine people on this forum.

Last edited by georgethedog; 12-13-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM

Photos: (0)
The Edlebrock is still relativly new compared to the others. Also the higher price and lower power output holds back a few I would think. I have a KB, but all are good options.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Rales View Post
The Edlebrock is still relativly new compared to the others. Also the higher price and lower power output holds back a few I would think. I have a KB, but all are good options.
Correct it was only released last year so they were kind of late in the game, However the stament about less power is false the Edlebrock kit can make a lot of power we have installed these on plenty of cars already and some of them are running in the low 10s in the 1/4
The Following User Says Thank You to Modern Muscle For This Useful Post:
renfrick1 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally, I think the cover they put on it is ugly. In addition, it's basically a magnacharger, which costs less and has similar power.
10 B5 Classic, 6 spd, TrakPak, Sunroof, Magnacharger, Cervini's Shaker and Go Wing, custom 345 Hemi emblems, Dale's louver's, Mopar hood pins, side hockey style stripes by Ridergraphix, Petty's strut bar, BT valve & coil covers, misc bling, Corsa Extreme catback, SRT front brakes, & Dodge Charger HD rear brakes, Rocket chrome Booster wheels. Mopar 10 steering wheel, Mopar door sills, back-up camera, Barton shifter. No more money for mods!!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 AM

If we can get to the point where we can supercharge the 11's and up, im sure their popularity will go up.
Hurst shift lever
Lowered 1.5 inch
Hood Graphics
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Yahoo to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Skype™ to Speedlogix-Mikey
Originally Posted by bluert View Post
Personally, I think the cover they put on it is ugly. In addition, it's basically a magnacharger, which costs less and has similar power.
Thats true, EXCEPT - Its reverse Eaton - meaning it is upside providing longer intake runners which is better torque production AND it gets a dedicated belt. You don't just lengthen your serpentine belt for the supercharger. So if your supercharger belt breaks, your accessories are still spinning

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: mikey@speedlogix.net!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 PM

I voted for Magnacharger. I'll try and keep this short as I can...

I actually had an Edelbrock "E-Force" on my "other car"..and it made great power. But -the bearing in the drive snout became noisy. It had a 1 year warranty, which was nearing it's end, so I called Edelbrock.

They said to send the blower in, and that they'd look at it. They also said I should have it back in about three weeks. 3 weeks pass - no blower or calls. So I called them and asked about what the status was with my blower...they said they couldn't "replicate the bearing noise"...and they were just going to ship it back to me.

I asked them how they were trying to replicate the noise, since you could hear the bearing loud and clear when it was on my car. They were actually spinning the thing with a hand drill!! I told them that I didn't think spinning the thing with a drill really replicated it spinning under my hood at idle with belt tension on it. After further semi-heated discussiions continued, they finally agreed to just change the bearing out anyway.

Another 3 weeks goes by, and no calls and no blower. So - I called 3 more times over the next week to get a hold of the guy...he was always "not in right now"....When I finally did get in touch with him and asked why it was taking so long, they actually told me that they were busy developing new model blowers for the Camaros and Stangs...really?!?

Guess my cheaper blower had to wait?? I let them know I wasn't happy at all with their excuse. And when I did finally get it back, I discovered that they had changed out both the shaft and bearing..which fixed it. But - they also decided to put a different drive pulley on it. It was a "pressed on" pulley instead of the keyed-on one it had on it when I sent it to them.

Not a big deal right?...unless you want to change to a smaller or bigger pulley...I couldn't do that anymore. And they wouldn't change it back to the way it was. Never again.

-It's true that the Edelbrock blowers use the same Eaton rotors...Edelbrock gets them from Magnuson. At least back when I got my blower, Magnuson basically made the blower and Eldelbrock made the drive assembly for it and sold it under the Edelbrock name. Don't know if that's changed or not.

Since I knew Magnuson sold the same basic blower (MP-122H) - I called and expained my whole deal that I experienced with Edelbrock...and I asked if they could help me put my blower back the way it should have gotten it back from Edelbrock...with the ability to change pulleys when I wanted to.

Unlike Edelbrock, their service and warranty department listened to me, told me to send it to them..and they fixed it and sent it back to me with the right keyed-on pulley. And - I only paid for shipping!!

Magnuson is top-notch in my book. I only regret I didn't buy the blower from them in the first place.

EDIT: I also asked Magnuson to rip those "Edelbrock E-Force" emblems off both sides of my blower and put their "Magna-Charger' emblems on....they did, and I thanked them for all they did for me.

Needless to say, I'm not too keen on Edelcrock...

'11 Challenger SRT8 392 Auto, Billet Metallic
Other Cars:
-1983 Camaro Z28 Magnacharged 408
-1990 Cavalier Z24 3.1 All stock, 154K miles
-2000 S-10 4WD 4.3 V6

Last edited by GSMC; 12-13-2012 at 02:23 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSMC For This Useful Post:
driller (01-06-2013), Magnuson Superchargers (12-30-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Premium Member

Photos: (4)
That is an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 AM
ModernMuscle

From what I understand magnuson just had a recall due to some issues. so they are not perfect. However it is good they recognized an issue and took care of it.

That being said, I installed my E force back in July, the upper pulley was not keyed or pressed on, It went on like butter with 4 allen bolts. So maybe the other fella had a earlier unit.

10k miles and a few 10 second passes later she is going strong.

Like other have said the unit is not cheap. but it does come with a very nice CAI where other eatons do not, it comes with a dedicated blower belt ,this is good so the accessories are not compromised when/if the belt breaks. You also don't have to worry about a broken tensionor like other blowers if you want to run high boost "Im at 12psi FWIW"

Anyways I like it so far, sorry to hear about the other fellas issue but lets face it, you will hear that same story with every make model S/C Car/ airlines, etc etc,

Anyways just my 0.2 And for those that are wondering I run 10.6s all day long 633/700 tq on pump gas.

Good luck with everyone's decision..
70TA-09RT (01-12-2013), buckwheat (12-14-2012), ChrisNCT (04-08-2013), driller (01-06-2013), Go Goody (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM

Big bill i want to see the blower not cover it up. E force but ugly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Forced Induction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.