Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Gauges for Magnacharger

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  jpancer 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be adding a 6LB Magna Charger to my 2014 R/T very soon. Do you guys consider gauges, such as AFR and boost, to be essential at this power level?

If I do gauges, I would use the Razors Edge Dual Pod with a AEM AFR and a DEFI boost gauge.

About $600 or so for that setup. Factory S/C cars don't come with AFR, so I'm thinking of going with Boost only.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I am almost about to put mine in, still getting all the pieces and I still have to get my Air/Fuel gauge.

The gauges that I went with are the Auto Meter Cobalt Series. I have a blue car so I went with something similar. They all have Blue LED backlighting and Orange needles.

The Air/Fuel is critical. I have had my blower installed for almost a year and I haven't had one. I also have not been WOT at all sine then. I'll have that gauge in a month or so. You don't need a Boost gauge unless you want one. I just want to know when I go into Boost and how much I am getting. The Fuel Pressure gauge is a good idea incase you have a fuel pump not operating right under WOT. It will show you when the PSI goes down.

Have fun modding!

#7 ·
I don't think you are going to like an analog boost gauge. Unless you are going to be looking at it while you are driving under boost you will most likely not see what your boost is/was. I use my Trinity tuner for my gauges. I have A/F, boost, intake air temp and short term knock on my gauge layout. All are setup as digital gauges that show current readings as well as min. max. values for each. I can concentrate on my driving while under boost and then look at my Trinity afterwards to see what my boost and A/F were.

Reactions: ChrisNTN
#5 ·
Can the Aeroforce Interceptor be used for both Boost and Fuel pressure? I wanted to monitor fuel pressure, but I didn't want to get a 3 gauge pod.

#6 ·
I believe so

sent from mobile device

#10 ·
Be careful with the Aeroforce Interceptors. I purchased the dual guage pod creating a setup like Mikey is talking about and purchased 2 interceptor gauges which they say, when you purchase them together, they work in tandem of some sort. They come with a special 2-headed OBDII cable to hook them up as well. I also purchased my wideband kit from them so that I know it will all work well together.

I took the custom SRT white face to get the gauges to have a nice built in factory look and everything came out great!!

Then my problem started... After testing and setting up the gauges the way I wanted, I got back home from my drive and shut it off. Next day I want to go for another drive (24 hours later) and test out the gauges, and to my surprise my Challenger would not start!! Battery was dead!! I set everything up the way the instructions told me and I couldn't understand what the problem was. I started searching the forums and found people with a similar problem back in 2010, 2011, & 2012. They said that for some reason the electrical system in the modern LX cars cause the interceptor gauges to keep pinging to ECU for data while they are off and it drains the battery.

I didn't want to have to unplug the gauges every time I parked so I kept researching. Some forum members said to hook up the gauges with the 12v ignition power to prevent the gauges from getting power from the OBDII port.

I bought a CirkitBos kit and set everything up on a separate circuit not to interfere with any of the factory wiring. Started up everything seemed fine.

2 days later I noticed that one of my gauges on initial vehicle start up would continuously re-boot itself. I read on the forums of this problem however also read that it was fixed after 2012.

I then contacted Aeroforce and a customer service agent (didn't ever give me his/her name) what happy to help me out. They said to wire it directly to the OBDII port. I told them I did that and it would drain my battery. They insisted it shouldn't... I told them it did!!

They then said the only way for them to help me was for me to send the gauge that was causing the problem back to them. I recently sent it back by fedex however I cannot get a hold of them after 3 attempts to see what is going on.

My total order for the gauge setup was $650.00.
I would expect that after spending that kind of money with a company they would give a bit better service when I had a problem that apparently is a problem that other customers have already had.

Be careful before investing in Aeroforce products.

#12 ·
I went with AEM digital boost and AEM UEGO AFR gauges. I got them both for $300 shipped.

Thanks for the info on the Aeroforce... I considered them and I'm glad I passed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.