Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Procharger on a 5.7 R/T...any regrets?

28K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  srt8-in-largo 
#1 ·
I'm about 95% sure I'm going to take the plunge and order a Procharger for my 2010 R/T Classic instead of trading it in for a newer 392. I know this subject has been beat to death and I've read through several threads from people that have installed superchargers. Is there anyone out there that has any regrets after doing this? I can't imagine any regrets but maybe there is something I'm not thinking about?? I don't drive my car every single day just on good weather days and on road trips. I'm not going to take it to the track or anything I just want a little bigger smile on my face when I hit the gas and go WOT every once in a while. Does anyone out there wish they wouldn't have added a supercharger after the fact and why?

#2 ·
I have neither an SRT or a Supercharged R/T, but I too would love some more power. My opinion is that if the cost will be similar I'd rather have a latest and greatest performance challenger that has a warranty and can be serviced without people going ... woah... what have you done to it. Also as an engineer in the maintenance field - less parts usually means less problems. If I can get similar power at a similar cost out of a N/A SRT I would go that route.

I love my '13 6-spd R/T but am seriously considering trading up for an SRT next year. I wish I would have sprung for it in the first place but live and learn !

Reactions: B5_R/T
This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
I really don't know to be honest. I've struggled with the decision on which one to buy but for some reason I keep going back to Pro Charger. I like the idea of a centrifugal system better than the roots style because it has a little less shock to it off the line. You can't hook one of these cars on the street in stock form anyway so it seems to me that it would be more beneficial to have your power band stretched just a touch instead of coming in all at once. But hey I could be wrong with that because I've never dealt with any supercharger applications before, just nitrous.

Also with the $500 rebate they have and their system being priced much cheaper to begin with they are more affordable. I can get a Procharger plus other mods for what the E-Force would cost. I don't have an unlimited amount of funds so that makes a difference for me.

#5 ·
I have a little different intended use as I love to take mine to the track but no regrets at all. The prochargers are mean and if you do decide to venture that way later, you will be much happier with the procharger. They are a blast and I have beat my car to death with mine so far and it has been great. Been on 1000 mile round trips without issue and over 8000 miles total so far. My r/T has already been 11.40 in the 1/4 with it. that's a huge pick up for an R/T. The 5.7 VVT like the procharger!!

#9 ·
Well I'm about to install my kit..I'll let ya know after Johan gets my tuning dialed in how much I love it..I have high hopes and I researched until I was blue in the face but the same to things kept coming up in post after post....procharger and speedlogix ..so that's the route I went

#13 ·
Pro charger ho kits are shipped with 7lb pulley and belt now

#14 ·
Read the install manuals of each system you're looking at to get an idea of what's needed.

I like centri's and Procharger... but didn't want to lower my radiator for the HO kit, nor did I feel comfortable running a stainless steel mesh as an air filter for the StageII kit.

I ended up getting a Kenne Bell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.