Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Procharger Install w/Updates

29K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  japexico 
#1 ·
Day 1 - Fedex left a note on my door that I have a really heavy package waiting to be picked up. :eusa_dance:

Kit details: Procharger HO Intercooled Complete Supercharger Kit 08-10 Challenger 6.1L SRT8 w/Helical Gears

I've mentioned this in another post regarding the decision to go with Procharger. I've only installed Vortech centri-type SC's in the past (5-6 installed on Mustangs), but decided to go with Procharger this time. The reason is the complete package with an air-to-air intercooler. I ran my '06 Mustang GT (504rwph) without the IC connected at a road course. In two laps I was done. Water temp was at 250*. Then a couple weeks later, I connected the IC and went out again. 20 minutes of punishing driving, the water temp was at 205* (didn't climb above 200* until the last two laps). So, I was sold on A2A. Vortech didn't have a similar kit (not a fan of the water cooling) so it was an easy choice.

After reading the instruction .pdf many times, I feel confident in at least knowing the general information needed to start.

Will add more here with pictures, experience and pitfalls.

See less See more
Reactions: PoppaPancetta
#33 ·
Post a vid."I want to hear that woooooooshh!!!!

Reactions: ChrisNTN
#34 · (Edited)
Ok, take one to try and capture some BPV and SC sounds. Didn't work out real well, but thought I'd post it anyways. :D

http://www.tek-racing.net/BPVTakeOne.wmv (8.5meg)

Was able to get YouTube to work:
http://youtu.be/kqtOcSMNZFA

Take II should be much better.

BTW.. the Procharger has helical gear set.

**Closed course and professional driver** :D

Reactions: vanish1
#36 ·
If your interested in upgrading your pulley p/m me. I started with a p1sc and moved on to a d1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.