Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Procharger on my Heads and Cammed 14 R/T

21K views 86 replies 16 participants last post by  Redbull2014 
#1 ·
Just pulled the trigger for a Polished D1 Procharger kit for my highly modified R/T. Bought the kit from Modern Muscle and also got the upgraded FORE L1 Dual fuel pump. Probably won't get the kit until about 2 1/2 weeks from now, so the waiting game begins. lol

I plan on running 8lbs unless my numbers get too high then i'll bring it down to 7lbs.

I think 550 rwhp is my goal for now because i'm going keep my stock bottom end, driveshaft, and axles for at least another year.

Reactions: c26bt34c
#3 ·
one thing to remember about the boost pressure, your reference for 8 psi might be off since you have a better flowing engine, air wise with the cam, ported heads,& headers. the boost number is a reference of boost pressure on the intake manifold, sooo at 8 PSI you might be a bit high HP wise.

#4 · (Edited)
Indeed, with all the porting I have done in my engine I can see my peak HP numbers coming out pretty strong on 8 psi. Like I said, I'm most likely going to end up lowering the boost to 7psi which i'm pretty comfortable with. My sweet spot for now is to hit between 535 to 550 rwhp! Will it be 6psi or 7psi that gets me there? I can't wait to find out.

And one final note to leave you with. My Challenger is not my daily driver, it's simply my toy and i'm getting crazier with it everyday.....haha

#5 ·
Anybody else running the Aeroforce gauge and pod cluster?? Just ordered this form Speedlogix and it seems to have everything........ (boost pressure, air and fuel wideband, and oil pressure)

How's the fitment of it on the upper arm of the door?

Thanks

#6 ·
Congrats on the purchase. I figured it would not take to long! LOL You might want to just shoot for 7 psi until forged. I have been saving this dyno sheet for you. It is a 2011 Charger Mopar 11 with the 5.7L. However, he has the exact same package as you from Modern Muscle. The only difference is he has the 6.4L intake manifold and you have the 6.1L. Same Cam, ported heads and exhaust. I would bet that you will make even more power up top at 7 psi with the 6.1L because the 6.4L active manifold is designed for low end torque and power.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: Redbull2014
#7 ·
Those are some nice numbers VQ! I'm not too worried about my peak numbers right now because i'm pretty confident they're going to be high either way. My main concern is just keeping my numbers at a reasonable level where I won't blow a piston or bust my driveshaft and axles.

#8 ·
I have everything..........(Procharger D1 kit, Fore dual fuel pump, and Gauge pod cluster). Installation is on hold because I decided to forge my bottom end and just get everything done now before I put on the Procharger.

Going to be buying the 5.7 forged drop in pistons and and forged 6.1 crank tommorow from Modern Muscle. :thumbsup:

5.7L HEMI Forged 2618 Drop In Pistons and Rods Power Package - Modern Muscle Xtreme

Reactions: Modern Muscle
#9 ·
I have everything..........(Procharger D1 kit, Fore dual fuel pump, and Gauge pod cluster). Installation is on hold because I decided to forge my bottom end and just get everything done now before I put on the Procharger.

Going to be buying the 5.7 forged drop in pistons and and forged 6.1 crank tommorow from Modern Muscle. :thumbsup:

5.7L HEMI Forged 2618 Drop In Pistons and Rods Power Package - Modern Muscle Xtreme
Great planning ;) now you can turn up the wick with confidence.

#12 · (Edited)
You'll get there man.... At least all you have to get are the forged pistons and rods because your 6.4 already has a forged crank.

#14 · (Edited)
Finally!! My R/T goes into the shop on Monday. :bigthumb:

Here's the breakdown of what I'm getting done by Borelli Motorsports.

Forged internals on my 5.7 345 Hemi provided by Modern Muscle.
5.7 drop in forged pistons and rods.
A new 6.1 forged crankshaft with new coated bearings.
ARP head bolts
MLX 5 layer head gaskets
ProCharger D1 kit polished
FORE Race Fuel pump
Aeroforce Gauge pod cluster
Eibach Sportline lowering springs

As for how much psi i'm going run?? Will see when everything is done and the compression is set. I'm going leave the boost call and horsepower limit up to my engine builder and tuner Aaron. He knows I'm not going drag it and keep it on the street for at least a year. This will give me time to save up for the new tranny, axles, driveshaft, and rear end. Once all those goodies go on I will get crazy with 15 to 17 psi and drag the hell out of it.

I'll post pics and videos of the build as the come along.

Cheers. :)

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks man. As for Borelli's being booked, I had to wait almost 2 months just to get my car in. They simply are the best performance shop in Northern California and Aaron is the best engine builder and tuner out here.

#19 ·
The heart is out.......................in goes the new pistons and crankshaft tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Attachments

#20 ·
and a few more............

Attachments

Reactions: VQ4NFO
#21 ·
#23 ·
Reactions: c26bt34c
#24 ·
Any suggestion on getting the car passed smog? I am getting stationed back in Cali and have a P1 now

#25 ·
It's all who you know really. Might cost you some coin, but don't sweat it. As long as your car doesn't throw any codes your smog buddy will pass u. My other car a 04 GTO LS1 with long tubes, heads, cam, and a maggie blower is a beast and has passed smog many times over the 12 years I have owned it. My 2014 R/T probably won't have to smog until 2020.

#33 ·
What's up guys, all is well just haven't been up on this site much due to work and all. As for my build, believe it or not it still isn't done. I knew it would take some time, but never figured it would take close to 4 months. It has tested my patience some, but I'm not the kind of guy who is going freak out and demand my car get done now. Borelli Motorsports is a great shop and Aaron my engine builder is someone I completely trust.

I really miss my Challenger, but I've been dragging my 04 GTO alot to satisfy my desire for power.

Aaron is finally going start putting it back together and I'm hoping for it to be done within the next couple of weeks.:thumbsup:

https://instagram.com/p/BHkoaC1jQz4/?taken-by=borellimotorsports

#35 ·
Stopped by the shop on Friday. Forged 5.7 is back in my car! Should have my car back in about a week and a half.

Attachments

#36 ·
Took a few pics of my car lowered with the new Eibach Sportline springs. Car looks sick compared to stock height!

Attachments

Reactions: DESERT DWELLER
#38 ·
Bigtime man..........especially after talking with Aaron on Friday and he thinks i'll be pushing 650 rwhp on pump gas 91. :surprise:

#40 ·
Did you drop the compression when you changed pistons?

#42 ·
Compression set at about 10.1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.