Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Question for all you S/C owners

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  3 peddles 
#1 ·
This is my first S/C car, what I would like to know other than the power increase, what other things did you notice after install and tune, any little differences that you noticed from the stock platform.

#4 ·
You'll be finding the throttle sweet spot between boost and no boost with your bypass valve at various speeds and such. Fuel economy, tires spinning much more often, loud noises coming from the pipes at the back of your car.

Auto transmission wont like shifting with all that power, and will protest more as time goes by

#10 ·
Yep!!!

You start to try to "feel" for where the boost comes on. There is so much power that you may prefer part-throttle acceleration from a standing stop to keep the tires from spinning. Then you hit the floor and feel the boost come on. I personally don't like flooring it in auto trans mode (prefer manual shift mode) because the simultaneous downshift and boost coming on usually spins the tires even at 40 or 50 mph. Of course, if you like that....>:)

It is really fun to have the car perform like OEM up to 1/2 throttle. Just cruising around, hardly any change to think about at all. You just have to be ready (and hopefully pointed straight) when you bring on the power!
Yep!!!

Buying rear tires more often. Getting funny looks from 'stang and bowtie owners.
Yep!!!

I didn't notice much change in normal driving, but hit the pedal and the real fun starts.
Yep!!! It's awesome!

#5 ·
You start to try to "feel" for where the boost comes on. There is so much power that you may prefer part-throttle acceleration from a standing stop to keep the tires from spinning. Then you hit the floor and feel the boost come on. I personally don't like flooring it in auto trans mode (prefer manual shift mode) because the simultaneous downshift and boost coming on usually spins the tires even at 40 or 50 mph. Of course, if you like that....>:)

It is really fun to have the car perform like OEM up to 1/2 throttle. Just cruising around, hardly any change to think about at all. You just have to be ready (and hopefully pointed straight) when you bring on the power!

#11 ·
14.2 and a big smile when you hit the pedal :grin2:

#12 ·
You can't forget about the wonderful whine mixed with the sound of the exhaust. I was at a redlight and this hellcat challenger looked at me, gave me a thumbs up and then floored it. The sound of the whine and the exhaust together made me go right home, jump on the computer and order a supercharger. When I'm driving at normal speeds the only way you'll know the car is supercharged is because of the whine sound. I have been at 8 psi since the whipple was installed, but will get the motor forged this spring.

#16 · (Edited)
Ah…one of my favorite things to do with the ProCharged 6-speed R/T is light up "Mr.Squiggly", roll out to about 3500 RPM, select second and apply smooth steadily increasing peddle to about 4000…and nail it…then quickly look in the rear view to see the "eagles signatures" on the road. Makes my day every time! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.