Dodge Challenger Forum banner

request for a picture for those who have a whipple on their 5.7 or 6.4

5K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike Covey 
#1 ·
so I'm going through the instructions on whipple and I was wondering if some one with the whipple already installed could take a picture and upload it here of this picture, it is step 159 of the instructions, it's where you add the stainless extension to the radiator hose:

The picture doesn't really show good resolution on how they assembled the parts, I just wanted to see if anyone else had a better picture I could see to get a better idea of it installed.

thanks all!

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you have the blower yet? I am still waiting on mine so I can offer little advice but I think the radiator hose just slides into the black metal extension showed in the picture then slides into the radiator.

#8 ·
Don't know if these will help.

Nelson

Attachments

Reactions: SRT Andy
#9 ·
while it does show something interesting it does not improve the resolution of the stock photo. thank you though Nelson.

what I do find interesting is that yours does use the stainless 'T' fitting. When I asked Whipple about the need for the 'T' to relocate the oil cooler line from the top of the thermostat housing to the 'T' fitting, they said it was not necessary to do, and that a standard stainless extension would be fine and that's what they sent me.

#10 ·
Hood Insulation‎

Did you remove your under hood insulation like the Whipple instructions say? Any clearance issues with the pulley?

#16 · (Edited)
big daddy's R/T, thanks for the pictures. is yours a 6.1? the instructions use the extension for the 5.7 and 6.4, but not for the 6.1. The 5.7 and 6.4 have you add a thermostat housing that relocates the radiator hose back 2 inches so it doesn't interfere with the belt routing. the 5.7's is a smaller radiator hose but the extension length is the same.

#19 ·
I am not sure what the small hose in the T is going to. I have hoses that are similar going to the tank for the intercooler. More pictures.....

Nelson

Attachments

#20 ·
I like the hose going behind the belt.

Attachments

#21 ·
Nelson, thank you! those are exactly what I was looking for. for the extra hose, If it the same as mine, if you follow the hose down with your hand, you will see that it runs to the oil cooler. if your oil cooler is located in the same spot as mine, it'll be on the front passengers side of the engine.

#22 ·
I'm about to add a Whipple 2.9L to my 2012 SRT and would like to know if removing the insulation and cutting the hood is necessary. Redmanf1 may be the best qualified to answer this although I'm not sure what year SRT he has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.