Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Supercharger removal and Install

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Cuda340 
#1 ·
Removing a Vortech Supercharger from a 2009 SRT and want to install on another 2009 SRT. Does anyone have input on this swap. Will the Tune install into the other car or is there more to it? Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
OP, you hook up the tuner to the can bus port as normal, download the stock Challenger tune into the car you are taking the SC off of. That automatically downloads the SC tune into the tuner. (It swaps one for the other). Then you take the tuner to the car you are putting the SC onto and download the SC tune on it. That automatically downloads the stock Dodge tune for that car onto the tuner. Hope my explanation isn't too complicated.

#9 ·
Thanks Palerider 15. I do understand your directions. I was told that the tuner would only work on the PCM/ECM that it was originally down loaded to. I have the original car available to take the tune out and put back into the tuner. Any and all information everyone is giving me is much appreciated.

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum. Start browsing here and lxforums on writeups from those that did this before you.

I highly recommend getting a Diablo Trinity to replace the Predator. Predator is "ok" but the Trinity simply gives you a lot more when it comes to custom tuning, datalogging, monitoring things, etc. Here are some basics.
- Remove SC from Car#1
- Ensure the tuner has a copy of the tune from Car#1. If that tuner was used on that car, should be the "last tune written" on the tuner. You can always copy it again from the car to the tuner to be sure.
- Unmarry the Predator
- Backup the tune that was on Car#1 to a computer. Use this procedure.
- Put tune in the new Trinity (or unmarried Predator if you really cant part with it). This writeup will work for either.
- Install SC on Car #2
- Install tune (that came from Car#1) to Car#2 .

#12 ·
Welcome aboard! :)

Reactions: Mike A
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.