Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Whos running a meth kit?

10K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  xnymick 
#1 ·
I am bored with the car and want to do something with it. Meth sounds like a fun little project. What kit are you running and do you have any install pictures? I will likely use the windshield washer tank for the meth lol. Sounds cool to me.

#3 ·
Snow performance stage 3. I like using the washer fluid tank, lets you know when
levels are low.

#4 ·
Can you use it without a Supercharger?

#6 ·
Wow!!with a stock lower end??

#8 ·
lol..No Guts...No Glory!!

#9 ·
I'm running the AEM kit. I have it set to start spaying at 1psi of boost and it progresses to full spray at 5psi of boost. Here are some pics.

Attachments

#10 ·
Meth, or water? Or water Meth mix, or just water ? I'd like to hear more.
I had a big time pro mod tuner tell me,,, not worth it. He tunes pro **** though. Not street cars.
He said he never tune for the water Meth cause if the 500 dollar kit screws up, and you tuned for it. Your toast. And course, water don't burn.
We have read how it supposed to work. Water cooling the charge, Meth giving octane. Ect.
How good is water in the combustion chamber??? I dunno. Long term.
In the big league they use IceBox to cool the charge. Cause rules say a Meth injection counts a a power adder, and if that's the case,,, use Nos and call it a day.
I'm on the fence wondering if its worth it. So come on Meth heads convince me.
Thanks FT

#11 ·
I use Snow's Boost Juice (49% meth/51% water). I do not tune for it, It's only spraying at WOT.
I added it for safety reasons (stock pistons). I have 0 KR since I have started to use the system. I used to get 1-2 KR under WOT sometimes.
I also like the cleaning effect of the water has on the combustion chamber. When I was a dealership tech we would use water to steam clean the pistons and valves by sucking it in the engine through a vacuum hose. It worked great for carbon and oil deposits. There are other fluids to run as well but water works great. You just have to be careful and meter it correctly.
My thinking is for a street car it's great insurance.

Reactions: Flat Top
#12 ·
There are guys around here running big #'s on pump gas running straight meth. A camaro pushing 958, a stock firebird with a blower @666 and mine didn't do too bad either.
I've yet to talk to anyone who has personally seen a kit failure, seems failures are user error (running the tank dry) As far as dirt getting into the system, I pour the meth through a coffee filter.
I didn't tune for it completely, My A/F is in the mid 10's so if anything did happen I'd still be mid 11's timing could be an issue, but I can hear detonation when it occurs. The high output cars I listed could have never reached those #'s without meth on pump gas. In fact the firebird gained 100 whp when meth injection was added! Bottom line, it works.

#13 ·
I want to throw this out there. . . because information is good.

Kenne Bell says not to use it. They say it can hurt the rotors. Some people I've talked to say that's bunk, some people trust it as the truth. It is an ongoing debate.

#14 ·
I asked that question a year or so ago. Never got a definitive answer. I did talk to some people here in the performance industry and they said that since the spray was only on for a few seconds at a time the rotors would dry almost instantly. Not enough time or saturation to do damage

#19 ·
I'm running the Snow Performance Stage 3. I have the boost controller, safe injection & bypass solenoid, 700 pump, dual 375 nozzles. On a-pillar there are 3 small LEDs. Green, yellow & red to show current injection status. Robert designed this so I don't need to look down at controller. Robert was able to add timing and produce more hp.

Reactions: jpancer
#20 ·
I always appreciate hearing everyone's experience with their builds. It helps someone, like myself, who is fascinated with performance and functionality but did not have any mentors growing up to expose me to this stuff. Glad to hear the kid is 16 and interested and humble enough to ask. I am no major expert and doing the newbie experience at a much older age but FlatTop is right. Your first step should be the Diablo Trinity It gives you a nice little bump and the additional benefit of logging your engines performance. I am in the builder right now getting the meth kit and Fore dual hat fuel system installed. My SC, the Edelbrock E-Force runs pretty hot and even I know the cooler it is the better the engine performance. I have watched many guys in my club the last 3 years go Meth and they have been so happy with the results. 40-50 RWHP and no engine issues whatsoever. One guy had put 30k miles on his stroker with the Snow Meth kit in about 18 months. He decided to go crate 426 with his SC and when they pulled the engine it was in great shape. Builder said much cleaner then he expected with no wear and tear to be seen. I will certainly pass my experience on once she's picked up. My hope is for it to be done by Wednesday so I can have it for the long Thanksgiving weekend. My family is going to Nor Cal for the holiday and I am staying back so it would be nice to be distracted for 3-4 days. As always Mopar or No Car........Happy Thanksgiving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.